PDA

View Full Version : "Talk about carnage"

vantec08
08-07-2012, 4:14 AM
the letter to editor - http://www.pe.com/opinion/letters-to-the-editor-headlines/20120806-your-views-aug.-7.ece Scroll to bottom.

my response - Imagine, if you can, a location where criminals can be assured there is little or no opposition to their desire to rob, maim, or kill. Oh . .. wait . . . those would be "gun free zones", wouldn't they? You know, like a flashing neon sign saying "Criminals: you are safe here!" Its dangerous work out there for criminals and their work is complicated enough as it is, and OSHA laws aren't quite adequate for their needs.

I am not a fan of open carry but it goes with the right to keep and BEAR arms. The simple fact is, you are your own First Responder. When seconds count, police are minutes away and they have zero obligation to cover your individual safety and protection needs. Liberty carries risks. There are societies that have less risk but I doubt anyone who has experienced America would be happy there.

NotEnufGarage
08-07-2012, 4:41 AM
The assumption that 50 percent of a late night theater crowd would be carrying is absurd. Carry classes teach not to shoot unless you've identified your target and shays beyond it. The author of that letter is projecting his/her lack of control.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

donw
08-07-2012, 6:01 AM
the letter to editor - http://www.pe.com/opinion/letters-to-the-editor-headlines/20120806-your-views-aug.-7.ece Scroll to bottom.

my response - Imagine, if you can, a location where criminals can be assured there is little or no opposition to their desire to rob, maim, or kill. Oh . .. wait . . . those would be "gun free zones", wouldn't they? You know, like a flashing neon sign saying "Criminals: you are safe here!" Its dangerous work out there for criminals and their work is complicated enough as it is, and OSHA laws aren't quite adequate for their needs.

I am not a fan of open carry but it goes with the right to keep and BEAR arms. The simple fact is, you are your own First Responder. When seconds count, police are minutes away and they have zero obligation to cover your individual safety and protection needs. Liberty carries risks. There are societies that have less risk but I doubt anyone who has experienced America would be happy there.

well thought out response.

but...imagine an idiotic city mayor like newsom, emanuel of chicago or a legislature, like californias; it would't surprise me to see zones like that..."Santcuary zones".

NOTHING some legislators or mayors MIGHT try do is surprising is it?

vantec08
08-07-2012, 6:30 AM
Yes, donW - -- wouldnt surprise me if the CA legislature declare crime a . . .crime.

Dark Paladin
08-07-2012, 10:05 AM
Yes, donW - -- wouldnt surprise me if the CA legislature declare crime a . . .crime.

We should just ban crime. :TFH:

BlindRacer
08-07-2012, 10:31 AM
We should just ban crime. :TFH:

No, that couldn't work. Now looking at the statistics, over 99.9% of violent crime occurs while the assailant is wearing shoes. Shoes allow these criminals to outrun, out jump, and even slamdunk a basketball better than the cops who are trying to stop them. There is no need for these horrible items of death. We need to ban shoes. But of course we can't go after the shoes of the working man. Only shoes with air cushions that protrude conspicuously below the heal, as well as those with laces. Those laces have a high probability to come untied, cause the criminal to trip, and knock over 14 children whom are each carrying a 6 month old puppy. Evil.

kaligaran
08-07-2012, 12:00 PM
No, that couldn't work. Now looking at the statistics, over 99.9% of violent crime occurs while the assailant is wearing shoes. Shoes allow these criminals to outrun, out jump, and even slamdunk a basketball better than the cops who are trying to stop them. There is no need for these horrible items of death. We need to ban shoes. But of course we can't go after the shoes of the working man. Only shoes with air cushions that protrude conspicuously below the heal, as well as those with laces. Those laces have a high probability to come untied, cause the criminal to trip, and knock over 14 children whom are each carrying a 6 month old puppy. Evil.

This made me LOL. I love it.

Nick Justice
08-07-2012, 12:20 PM
To all who claim to know all about human behavior, human nature, and (apparently) gunfights:

Have you studied human nature and behavior?
Who was your professor?
What university or college did you attend?
What books did you read?
What papers have you written?
What were your grades?
Did you specifically study "panic"?
Do you have any law enforcement experience?
do you have military experience?
Have you ever held a gun?
Have you ever fired a gun?
Have you been present at mass shooting (Columbine; Stockton; Aurora; Virginia Tech; Ft. Hood; etc.)
Have you been a participant/survivor of an acutal gunfight?
Have you studied any of the more famous gunfights/shootings? (OK Corral; Norco; Newhall incident; West LA bank robbery; Four officers in Oakland; FBI-Miami)

Probably not.

You are not qualified to declare, decree, or command that I should not have a fighting chance.

Actually, no one is.

Joe
08-07-2012, 1:26 PM
Criminals don't break the law.