PDA

View Full Version : NEW STORE in Castro Valley, CA

Elite Armory
08-07-2012, 1:35 AM
Hello Calguns!

I just wanted to announce that there will be a new store opening very soon in Castro Valley, CA. Many of you might already know of us from the Vallejo, Cow Palace and Big Reno gunshows. We've been vendors at all of these gunshows for the past few years and have FINALLY found a new home. We have been offering brands such as Bushmaster, Rock River Arms, Stag Arms, DPMS, CMMG, Magpul, Troy, Midwest Industries, Daniel Defense and many more (way too many to list). We will also be expanding our product line to include much more than what we have been bringing to the gunshows.

We are ironing out the final details but will definitely be open within a week or so (maybe even by this weekend :D). PM me your email address if you would like to be notified of details around our store opening and most importantly... GRAND OPENING SALES!

Thanks,
Elite Armory

UPDATE (copied from post #39):

The date is here...

We will be opening on Wednesday, 8/15/2012 at 11:00am - 6:30pm. Days of operation are officially Tuesday - Saturday but are subject to change as we are still in the process of getting things rolling. This isn't our grand opening as we will have more in stock before we have that. We are fully stocked with mostly all AR parts and accessories but will be adding more to our product line very soon!

Our new address is:

3636 Castro Valley Blvd #1
Castro Valley, CA 94546

We are right behind Dino's Resturant. Hope to see you guys soon.

Thanks,
Elite Armory

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a390/GlockFu/elite_armory_mediumcropped.jpg

fremont lapua
08-07-2012, 2:01 AM
Will you be doing SSE's. Just wondering. I'll PM you for grand opening sale info.

BlackDrop50
08-07-2012, 5:14 AM
Will you be carrying reloading supplies?

Sinister_1
08-07-2012, 9:13 AM
Address please...I'm in Hayward.

drkphibr
08-07-2012, 10:31 AM
If you guys are also an FFL (that wasn't quite clear in the original post, as there is a difference between "store" and "gun store" to me and the list of items described didn't necessarily equate to an FFL being required), which I so REALLY hope you are as it would be wonderful to have a LGS in CV that has a focus on the customer and doesn't view PPTs as a negative.

If you are an FFL and if I was another LGS in CV, I'd be....worried....very worried.

Elite Armory
08-07-2012, 11:12 AM
Thank you everyone that has signed up already to be notified! We are also open to suggestions of what you'd like to see in a store as we want to obviously stock the store with things you are looking for.

Will you be carrying reloading supplies?

Yes, we plan on carrying reloading supplies. This will take a few more weeks though as we are looking for the best prices we can find on the components so we can pass the savings onto our customers. If you need it right now, we can special order it for you but since we'll be making large initial orders, we're looking for the best deals around.

Address please...I'm in Hayward.

This will be anounce once we are up and running.

If you guys are also an FFL (that wasn't quite clear in the original post, as there is a difference between "store" and "gun store" to me and the list of items described didn't necessarily equate to an FFL being required), which I so REALLY hope you are as it would be wonderful to have a LGS in CV that has a focus on the customer and doesn't view PPTs as a negative.

If you are an FFL and if I was another LGS in CV, I'd be....worried....very worried.

Customer service is at the top of our list. We recognize, just like everyone else, that that's something lacking in many gun stores in California. We will most certainly be welcoming of PPT's. We see them as a good thing, not as a bad thing.

We don't have our FFL yet and are still waiting for CA DOJ requirements to be completed so we can't actually sell firearms yet.

Kendall6.8
08-07-2012, 12:03 PM
This is exciting. I live in Dublin and there are not to many gun stores close by. The closest one to me is in Livermore. Castro Valley maybe a little closer for me. I look forward to doing business with you.

DirtyLawyer
08-07-2012, 2:14 PM
Very cool, looking forward to checking you guys out!

PandaLuv
08-07-2012, 2:18 PM
are you gonna be charging full retail price as everyone else in east bay?

r1ghtw1ng
08-07-2012, 3:17 PM
Nice. Looking forward to another local shop.

Elite Armory
08-07-2012, 3:41 PM
This is exciting. I live in Dublin and there are not to many gun stores close by. The closest one to me is in Livermore. Castro Valley maybe a little closer for me. I look forward to doing business with you.

Thanks! We look foward to doing business with you as well.

Welcome to CalGuns !!

Thanks!

Very cool, looking forward to checking you guys out!

Hope to see you soon.

Full retail plus 20%... joking... we're going to try to be competitively priced. ;)

Nice. Looking forward to another local shop.

Thanks!

0321jarhead
08-07-2012, 3:44 PM
Is it going to be just black guns and Rambo stuff? Any wood and steel? Any C&R guns? Ammo and Mil-Surp ammo? Reloading? Hunting gear? Consignments? Or is this going to be like Antioch Armory? Just curious.

em9sredbeam
08-07-2012, 3:45 PM
Excellent. I live 5 min from castro valley. When are you planning on opening? Are we talking very near future or is it going to be awhile?

Ziggy91
08-07-2012, 3:47 PM
Hope it all works out!

Might have to stop by one day after a trip to Chabot :D

PandaLuv
08-07-2012, 4:03 PM
Full retail plus 20%... joking... we're going to try to be competitively priced. ;)

Thanks!

Well, if you're unlike most shops in east bay and have decent prices on guns just like south bay does, i wouldn't mind making a visit there.

Gryff
08-07-2012, 4:13 PM
Well, if you're unlike most shops in east bay and have decent prices on guns just like south bay does, i wouldn't mind making a visit there.

There are south bay stores that have decent prices on guns?

PandaLuv
08-07-2012, 4:19 PM

bought my sig 1911 nitron there for $900 and saw bunch of H&K and other sigs for lower prices than east bay stores.

510GUY
08-07-2012, 4:25 PM
Are you guys taking over andreotti Firearms on their website it says they are closed

BroncoBob
08-07-2012, 5:42 PM
It's always good to see another Gun store open. Welcome to Calguns.

Mr10
08-07-2012, 8:00 PM
Cant want to visit your shop!

PandaLuv
08-07-2012, 8:52 PM
Cant want to visit your shop!

lol for some reason i lol'd

JDeere
08-07-2012, 9:12 PM
Good luck! I hope you diversify and don't plan your market around black guns. I think that market can be eliminated with a new law way to easily. Personally, I like vintage type firearms.

0321jarhead
08-08-2012, 3:06 PM
:iagree: Exactly!

doug-y-doug
08-08-2012, 8:53 PM
Another victory for the East Bay. Cool!

Target Masters has pretty good prices. Better than anywhere in the East Bay (that I know of).

WWDHD?
08-08-2012, 9:05 PM
Maybe a dumb question, but are you associated with Elite Arms in Manteca?
Welcome to the East Bay. I live in Hayward and will check out your store as soon as it opens. Good luck.

CZ9
08-09-2012, 12:33 AM
Ahh a local gun store opening up. This made my night.

gunRfun
08-09-2012, 2:09 AM
Oh no!! A gun shop close to work! I know where I will be going for lunch 2 days of the week.. Congratulations on the store! Looking forward to visiting.

NSR500
08-09-2012, 2:38 AM

East Bay = Alameda County

If you know your local history it's one of the crappiest places to run a shop. Oakland/Alameda County ran Siegel's out of town. Traders was targeted too and lost their license.
http://thefiringline.com/forums/archive/index.php?t-38093.html

Oakland is one of five cities in California, including Berkeley and San
Leandro, that imposes a firearms-related tax on dealers, according to
the San Francisco-based Legal Community Against Violence, which
surveyed local gun-control ordinances throughout the state.

The gun tax was passed by Oakland voters in 1998, and is one of a
slew of stringent measures the city has taken in the past several years
to tighten its grip on guns.

This guy got jerked around too: http://www.ammoland.com/2012/06/28/cal-ffl-cgf-saf-sue-county-of-alameda-for-civil-rights-violations/#axzz232Qx3Dni

Here's UG Imports challenge to business in Fremont: www.fremont.gov/DocumentView.aspx?DID=6914
www.fremont.gov/DocumentView.aspx?DID=5123

They're just looking for any reason to nail him to the cross, so I'm sure Irvington Arms is under the same level of scrutiny.

If you believe the theories out there about Alameda County and WalMart...
People say that the reason behind the Alameda County stores not having guns and ammo is because they struck a deal with Alameda County. More store sites for no guns & ammo.

Is it :TFH:... Maybe? But one thing is for sure... Alameda County and it's Cities are not welcoming to gun stores. I'm sure it may be "one of" many reasons for the pricing disparity.

Anyways...

Good luck to Elite Armory!

Hopefully they do well and don't die a slow death from money losing PPTs and Alameda County politics.

bandook
08-09-2012, 9:01 AM
Re: UG Imports... this is Governmental SNAFU. The license was issued under a One year review cycle. Last year they switched to a 3-year review cycle.
UG Imports says 'Hey!, what about me!'. City thinks 'Crap! we missed this one' but as they don't want to acknowledge fault, they say.... Umm... Ok, but after next year.

Just for this reason, everyone should buy a gun from UG Imports :). If you know what you want, get a hold of UG Imports. Absolutely painless transactions.

NSR500
08-09-2012, 9:42 AM
UGI is a good FFL.

doug-y-doug
08-09-2012, 12:06 PM
Just for this reason, everyone should buy a gun from UG Imports :). If you know what you want, get a hold of UG Imports. Absolutely painless transactions.

UGI is a good FFL.

+100.
I've done two out-of-state transfers through UGI and ordered one SIG 226 through them. They're exceptionally accommodating and can often beat online prices + transfer fees if you order directly through them. I started going through them because they do interstate intra-family transfers for non-rostered handguns.

ldivinag
08-09-2012, 5:09 PM
can we setup a secret CGN handshake for a 50% discount????

lol... :)

Mr10
08-09-2012, 9:14 PM
lol for some reason i lol'd

LOL!!

Elite Armory
08-09-2012, 11:43 PM
Thanks for all the comments and email addresses! We are getting really close to opening the parts, accessories and ammunition section.

Good luck! I hope you diversify and don't plan your market around black guns. I think that market can be eliminated with a new law way to easily. Personally, I like vintage type firearms.

We are definitely planning on diversifying but for right now we are filling our store with inventory we used for gunshows so it will be black guns weighted ... at first. So if you're into that, you'll love our store but if not, we will defintely have stuff for you as well, it might just take a week or two.

Maybe a dumb question, but are you associated with Elite Arms in Manteca?
Welcome to the East Bay. I live in Hayward and will check out your store as soon as it opens. Good luck.

Nope, we are not but can definitely see why you might think that.

Loubot10
08-10-2012, 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaLuv

Welcome to brick and mortar retail where everyone wants the convenience of having you near as you starve because while they might talk about supporting local business, they want everything discounted.

I'll go see you and buy what I need for full price. Treat me right and I'll be back.

Elite Armory
08-10-2012, 6:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaLuv

Welcome to brick and mortar retail where everyone wants the convenience of having you near as you starve because while they might talk about supporting local business, they want everything discounted.

I'll go see you and buy what I need for full price. Treat me right and I'll be back.

Thats my kind of customer! :D We really do try and price things as best we can. When we catch a sale from our manufacturers and distributors most times we just pass the savings on to our customers.

bsg
08-11-2012, 8:53 AM
wish the best for you and business in your new home. your work is cut out for you.

welcome to the forum.

Elite Armory
08-11-2012, 5:39 PM
The date is here...

We will be opening on Wednesday, 8/15/2012 at 11:00am - 6:30pm. Days of operation are officially Tuesday - Saturday but are subject to change as we are still in the process of getting things rolling. This isn't our grand opening as we will have more in stock before we have that. We are fully stocked with mostly all AR parts and accessories but will be adding more to our product line very soon!

Our new address is:

Castro Valley, CA 94546

Thanks,
Elite Armory

a.spl
08-11-2012, 5:47 PM
cant wait to stop by and check out the shop. ive spoke with you guys a couple times @ cow palace shows.

Gryff
08-12-2012, 12:46 AM
The date is here...

Our new address is:

Castro Valley, CA 94546

Thanks,
Elite Armory

Andreotti's old place. Have you been able to get the cigarette smell out of the walls and ceiling tiles? :D

Elite Armory
08-12-2012, 12:56 AM
Andreotti's old place. Have you been able to get the cigarette smell out of the walls and ceiling tiles? :D

You guys are sharp! Some of you guys guessed it before I said it.

Believe it or not, 99% of the smell is gone... it wasn't easy, MAJOR renovation. The only thing that's the same is the doors and windows (for now). You won't even recognize the place! Come on down and check it out!

NSR500
08-12-2012, 1:06 AM

QFT

Elite Armory
08-12-2012, 1:15 AM
QFT

I'll spare the internet of the details but feel free to ask about it when you come in ;)

NSR500
08-12-2012, 1:15 AM
At least the County didn't screw around with you like they did to the guy on the San Lorenzo border. Last I heard he is suing ALCO.

Elite Armory
08-14-2012, 9:29 PM
Open tomorrow morning!

johnny_22
08-15-2012, 6:25 AM
Bought from Andreotti's a few times on the web, but, only went in once.

Have you expanded the old shop?

I had thought you were going to take over The Trader's on Castro Valley Blvd.

Elite Armory
08-15-2012, 12:03 PM
Bought from Andreotti's a few times on the web, but, only went in once.

Have you expanded the old shop?

I had thought you were going to take over The Trader's on Castro Valley Blvd.

The shop has been completely remodeled. It's the same space but seems a lot bigger since the remodel. Come by and check us out when you get a chance!

chrisf
08-15-2012, 5:22 PM
Do you guys accept credit cards? American express etc?

Elite Armory
08-16-2012, 1:20 AM
Yes, we accept Mastercard, Visa and Discover. Sorry but we aren't accepting American Express at this time.

chrisf
08-16-2012, 1:31 AM
Yes, we accept Mastercard, Visa and Discover. Sorry but we aren't accepting American Express at this time.
Damnit!! Noone ever does lol... Ill come check you guys out soon.

send it_hit
08-16-2012, 10:21 AM
welcome to the neighborhood guys

NSR500
08-16-2012, 7:44 PM
Pics or GTFO!

:p

Elite Armory
08-18-2012, 12:25 PM
welcome to the neighborhood guys

Thanks!

Pics or GTFO!

:p

What would the fun in that be? You're just goin to have to come down and take a look for yourself :cool:

CZ9
08-18-2012, 9:08 PM
Wait there's a new gun shop really close to me? And Andreottis is gone?! Ill be there tomorrow. ... Oh or ill be there Tuesday when you guys open. I'm excited to see the new place.

NSR500
08-19-2012, 12:18 AM
What would the fun in that be? You're just goin to have to come down and take a look for yourself :cool:

You don't want a Texan in your shop...

My entourage of fine corn fed white women with big pageant hair would not leave enough room in your store for much else.

:shifty:

dmax11
08-19-2012, 12:41 AM
UGI is a good FFL.

indeed did a PPT of an SKS i sold here on the forums there, great service

den888
08-19-2012, 6:04 PM
I'm going to stop by next weekend!

biogenic
08-19-2012, 6:22 PM
Ahh a local gun store opening up. This made my night.

It appears this is the old Andreotti's store who lost his license a while back. Right behind Dino's... Good luck with with your shop.

Elite Armory
08-22-2012, 11:55 AM
I'm going to stop by next weekend!

Sounds good... See you soon!

It appears this is the old Andreotti's store who lost his license a while back. Right behind Dino's... Good luck with with your shop.

Same physical location but once you step inside, you will know it's a completely different place. Thanks!

Gryff
08-22-2012, 12:05 PM
Same physical location but once you step inside, you will know it's a completely different place. Thanks!

Yep. Visited last week. You can turn around without fearing that a pile of **** will fall over kill you.

jreilly
08-22-2012, 7:11 PM
Night and day.

Although Andreotti's had a million and one knick knacks, which I liked. Could look around for hours.

This place ain't too bad.

Fairly priced. Bought a trigger guard, buttstock pad, and a bullet button for a little under fifty.

Gentlemen, and Ladies, do purchase from your local gun store, local store too. I know, real estate, taxes, the government, is ridiculous, but help out a local shop.

Elite Armory
08-24-2012, 8:23 PM
Thanks to all the Calgunners for stopping by since we've opened!

Night and day.

Although Andreotti's had a million and one knick knacks, which I liked. Could look around for hours.

This place ain't too bad.

Fairly priced. Bought a trigger guard, buttstock pad, and a bullet button for a little under fifty.

Gentlemen, and Ladies, do purchase from your local gun store, local store too. I know, real estate, taxes, the government, is ridiculous, but help out a local shop.

Thanks for your support, we really appreciate it! We will be continually adding more and more inventory.