PDA

View Full Version : NAA 1860s

dogfood
08-06-2012, 8:48 PM
Hi all-
I'm shifting my collecting to mostly rimfire and I've been eyeing the NAA 1860 Convertibles for a while now. The reviews I've read are generally positive for what the gun is. I'm aware that taking out the cylinder to have to reload will be a pain (wish they still made the break top model) but beyond that it seems like a pretty decent little number. Any deficiencies or general complaints? Any praise? I'm pretty much looking to have it around as a little brother to my Single Six Convertible, just as a fun gun to plink with and maybe take it camping.
Much obliged for your input,
-dgfd

CSACANNONEER
08-06-2012, 8:57 PM
I have a few NAA revolvers. They are more of a novelty than anything else. The break opens were great but, they won't be making them again. At least, that's what the told me at SHOT. Anyway, they're cheap enough that you can get one and decide if it's right for you without investing too much. They also seem fairly easy to resell if you don't like the one you get.

gorn5150
08-07-2012, 12:48 PM
The 1860's Earl model is real nice. I had been wanting one of those for a long time. They make two models of the Earl. One with a 3" barrel and one with a 4". Both of those models come with the option of .22 mag or the combo .22 mag and .22 lr. The 4" model is exempt from the roster. The 3" is not. I found a 3" combo model in stock at a local shop a couple of months ago. The price was great, the serial number real low and it shouldn't have even been for sale according to the DOJ. I bought it instantly.

I have owned NAA's since before the safety slots. They are high quality. The .22lr models are a little hard to hold while shooting but they make a good pocket pistol. I really like the Earl. It has the larger magnum size grip and is much easier to shoot. My suggestion is if you are interested in one and can find it then buy it. I don't think you will be sorry.