PDA

View Full Version : Not allowed to buy out of state?

huntercf
08-06-2012, 5:55 PM
Maybe this has come up but all I could see is buying out of state and bringing them back.
Last year a gun store in WA said I could buy a rifle from them and take it that day and just leave it in WA (at my Mom's house). The same store this year said they cannot sell to CA residents.
Other out of state stores have said "no problem" to selling me a gun but they would have to ship it to my local FFL.
Is it possible for me to buy a gun out of state and leave it in that state?
The reason I ask is because of all the current gun ban climate. For instance, Big 5 in WA has SKS's for about $399, I would like to buy one but getting one in CA is hard to do. Plus, if all this crap goes through and we have to wait for another decade for the courts to reverse these illegal bills, I would want the opportunity to at least buy guns out of state. Does the 14th amendment cover this as I would not be treated equally and would be barred from commerce outside of the state's boundaries?

Capybara
08-06-2012, 5:59 PM
Not sure, but I bought my Ruger SR22 in Arizona. Sent it to my FFL the next day and life was good. At the time, there were ZERO SR22s on SoCal. Also bought my CZ75 SP-01 in Texas, no issues. Maybe it's a Washington thing?

Librarian
08-06-2012, 6:00 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=503873

It's a sticky for a reason.