View Full Version : Rooster ranch Hilmar, ca

08-05-2012, 7:18 PM
I called them and asked if I could take a hd shotgun to try it since no public ranges for shotguns are around the area. They said sure and would have someone help me out since it was my first time with a shotgun. Very friendly staff from the office to the field. The owner was the one that helped me and he was great. Very helpful and good tips for a hd shotgun. Had fun. Just wanted to let shot gunners know that have not been or if you have no shotgun experience they are first time friendly.

08-06-2012, 10:30 AM
Rooster ranch is an awesome place my old high school has a sporting clays tournament there every year and they do a great job catering the event. $5 a round is also a good price for a public place. I wish i could get there more often to shoot skeet and trap but it seems no one ever wants to go

08-06-2012, 8:57 PM
thanks for the info and review of rooster ranch.... always nice to know of a range thats people friendly... and a promoter to new people in the shooting sports !!!!!!... rooster is now definetly on my list of places to go.... cheers..

08-07-2012, 5:52 AM
I was there years ago, but I enjoyed it.

08-07-2012, 6:22 AM
The have a nice 5 station set up as well. Real good variety of shots on
the sporting clays course.