View Full Version : time for the 1st safe

08-05-2012, 3:32 PM
Well it is time for my own 1st safe. I need to get my stuff out of the family's Big Bertha safe. I have been looking around and have seen a lot of safes. Here is what I see that I need room for.

5 long guns
5 hand guns

I have plans on moving around CA a lot over the next 3/5 years do to work, so I'm looking for something on the smaller end of things. Calguners let me know if you have some Idas. I would like to get it upstairs for app/condo living.

If you have a used one for sale I may be open to that also.

08-20-2012, 4:14 PM
Check AMSECUSA.com and RHINOSAFES.com. Both have a lighter weight safe to accomodate the storage you need and not light, but light enough that a couple of guys with a dolly can get it upstairs. Amsec doesn't sell direct to end Users and not sure if Rhino does but either one can be contacted to find a dealer that will sell you the model you want. NOTE: ALL SAFES ARE DISCOUNTED FROM THE SUGGESTED LIST. So call several to get the best price. I don't know what part of town you live in but Dean Safe is in the San Fernando valley, he's a dealer for most of the gun safe manufacturers, and a couple of times a year he has a huge parking lot sale at good pricing. Hope that helps.