PDA

View Full Version : Found 2 guns...

nick
08-05-2012, 10:31 AM
Nah, not what you thought. Made you look though :p

It helps doing the inventory. I found two guns I forgot I had, and several guns I knew I had, but which weren't in my inventory doc. Overall, a good day, since one of the found guns is a Camp 45, and the other is an Israeli Mauser :D Do your inventory, people :)

CSACANNONEER
08-05-2012, 10:36 AM
Been there myself. Toes was with me when I opened up a job box that had been sitting by the hot tub for two years. He can tell you about the confused look on my face when I found a rifle that I had forgotten about. It took me a good 10 minutes to remember where I got it from.

BigStiCK
08-05-2012, 11:47 AM
:confused:
Do you really have 24k+ posts?!?

CSACANNONEER
08-05-2012, 11:57 AM
:confused:
Do you really have 24k+ posts?!?

No. Many have been deleted and don't show up anymore. As of right now, I have 9085 PMs but, I had to delete a lot of PMs prior to becoming a contributor.

cannon
08-05-2012, 3:50 PM
Nah, not what you thought. Made you look though :p

It helps doing the inventory. I found two guns I forgot I had, and several guns I knew I had, but which weren't in my inventory doc. Overall, a good day, since one of the found guns is a Camp 45, and the other is an Israeli Mauser :D Do your inventory, people :)

I wondered where I left those. Thanks!

I cleaned out my safe years ago and found several pistols I forgot I had. That was about when I decided I had too much stuff.

Brandon04GT
08-05-2012, 5:52 PM
Hmm I was just learning about this in my accounting class....always do a physical inventory check periodically...

Scratch705
08-05-2012, 6:01 PM
i don't have enough guns to have any go "missing" like that.... :(

50BMGBOB
08-05-2012, 6:48 PM
If you know how many guns you have then you don't have enough. I do keep a writen inventory. I try not to state. The exact # so I can tell my wife "what this old thing, I have had it for a long time" (at least sense my last trip to the gun store).

Oceanbob
08-05-2012, 8:54 PM
Nick...good find...hehe.

I've found a couple like that....but last year I found an old Ziploc type baggy with 3 handguns inside. All in parts.

A Colt series 70 with a national match slide in parts....no barrel however.
Probably should be reblued or NP3 coated and rebuilt someday...sure Bob...

A North American Arms .22 small single action pistol (belly gun) I do remember that a spring or something broke and I took it apart in a lame attempt to fix it. Been in a smaller baggy ever since.

Third is something I don't remember at all; a Astra .380 made in Spain...it has a broken lever on the double action mechanism....again...I am not a GUNSMITH and I probably just bagged it up decades ago.

Here are all three...I had to visit my gun safe for the photo just now.

I know that none of these are young enough to be registered. Bought them back in the old days.

http://i50.tinypic.com/63yhig.jpg