PDA

View Full Version : what is the source for the "60 mass murders" claim?

gunsmith
08-05-2012, 10:13 AM
Recently ( on Fox News ) Jesse Jackson's daughter ( Santita? not sure of the spelling )
has been all over fox news shows claiming that there has been "60 mass murders" since the Gabby Gifford AZ shooting, no one ever challenges her, as a matter of fact, fox news recently seems to be going out of its way to avoid having anyone who knows anything about 2A issues on the air.

So, anyone have any idea the source for the "60 mass murders" claim and 2nd, what can we do to pressure fox news to have someone like Gene H or Bill W on there to refute the idiots they have had on there lately.

Casket
08-05-2012, 10:20 AM
She must be counting Mexico or something..

According to this there has been approximately 56 mass murders with firearms since 1982.
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/07/mass-shootings-map

jdberger
08-05-2012, 10:22 AM
The Brady's count any shooting where more than 2 people were shot. I can find the source in a little bit.

gunsmith
08-05-2012, 10:26 AM
The Brady's count any shooting where more than 2 people were shot. I can find the source in a little bit.

thanks, so in other words when the little old lady who shot at the five guys robbing her jewelry store, that was a "mass shooting"?

I knew it had to be something like that, why cant fox news do its job?

Rand B. Wilson
08-05-2012, 10:32 AM
why cant fox news do its job?

It's getting more and more difficult to find ANY news outlet that can actually do it's job.. it's just faster and easier to do research by going to google and hitting the "i'm feeling lucky" button, and/or not challenging or checking what anyone says.. because, you know, it might take too long..

MontClaire
08-05-2012, 10:45 AM
You're up against the windmill if you think you can pressure political mouthpiece in to anything.

njineermike
08-05-2012, 10:49 AM
Since the source obviously has a rectally implanted cranium, that's where the numbers came from.

hk91666
08-05-2012, 11:17 AM
Recently ( on Fox News ) Jesse Jackson's daughter ( Santita? not sure of the spelling )
has been all over fox news shows claiming that there has been "60 mass murders" since the Gabby Gifford AZ shooting, no one ever challenges her, as a matter of fact, fox news recently seems to be going out of its way to avoid having anyone who knows anything about 2A issues on the air.

So, anyone have any idea the source for the "60 mass murders" claim and 2nd, what can we do to pressure fox news to have someone like Gene H or Bill W on there to refute the idiots they have had on there lately.

Why should she tell the truth look who her father is. He never does!

gunsmith
08-05-2012, 9:29 PM
Glenn Beck was against gun rights, but kept an open mind and became a vocal supporter of RKBA , we need to let them know we are watching and have the real facts handy, facts we can cite.

Wherryj
08-06-2012, 12:19 PM
thanks, so in other words when the little old lady who shot at the five guys robbing her jewelry store, that was a "mass shooting"?

I knew it had to be something like that, why cant fox news do its job?

...or when two gang bangers shoot each other.

timdps
08-06-2012, 1:26 PM
She must be counting Mexico or something..

Or Chicago...

Wiz-of-Awd
08-06-2012, 1:34 PM
...I knew it had to be something like that, why cant fox news do its job? ...

It does - according to whomever pays them.

Greed and corruption folks - it rules the world. To fight it, you must use it against itself.

A.W.D.

Connor P Price
08-06-2012, 1:40 PM
...or when two gang bangers shoot each other.

The antis LOVE gangs. Gangs are the reason they can spout off misleading statistics every day.

Brady Campaign loves to talk about how many people die every day due to gun shot wounds and they use that number to scare people into thinking they are in danger. The reality is that a huge chunk of those people are gang bangers so the average person is not in nearly as much danger as they suggest and most Americans aren't terribly concerned with gang bangers shooting eachother or being shot by the police.

Antis also love to talk about the number of "kids" killed by guns. They try to make it sound like they are all accidental shootings by kids that find inherently dangerous guns. In reality most of those kids are 16 and 17 year old gang bangers well on their way to becoming hardened criminals.

Then we have bs claims like this about "mass shootings" that are mostly gang bangers shooting eachother over drugs.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2

a1c
08-06-2012, 1:55 PM
I don't think this belongs in this forum.

POLICESTATE
08-06-2012, 2:06 PM
The individuals who murder most prolifically are Serial Killers and they very very rarely use guns.

But the media won't make those kinds of comparisons; a gun murder gets one and sometimes two or a few more incidents before they are captured/killed. A serial killer typically goes on for years and dozens and dozens of victims.

The lesson here of course is it's not about the tool, it's about the individual. In a way, we save more lives because we have guns, using a gun gets a lot of attention so you don't get far.

And yeah, this seems more OT to me, but that's just my opinion :rolleyes:

dieselpower
08-06-2012, 2:06 PM
The antis LOVE gangs. Gangs are the reason they can spout off misleading statistics every day.

Brady Campaign loves to talk about how many people die every day due to gun shot wounds and they use that number to scare people into thinking they are in danger. The reality is that a huge chunk of those people are gang bangers so the average person is not in nearly as much danger as they suggest and most Americans aren't terribly concerned with gang bangers shooting eachother or being shot by the police.

Antis also love to talk about the number of "kids" killed by guns. They try to make it sound like they are all accidental shootings by kids that find inherently dangerous guns. In reality most of those kids are 16 and 17 year old gang bangers well on their way to becoming hardened criminals.
Then we have bs claims like this about "mass shootings" that are mostly gang bangers shooting eachother over drugs.

the Brady camp counts allpersons under the age of 21 non-adult.

JeepFreak
08-06-2012, 5:22 PM

Yeah, they love suicide for the same reason. They neglect to mention that nearly 60% of all firearm related deaths in the US are from suicide!
Billy

jdberger
08-06-2012, 7:21 PM
Sorry for the delay. Here's the link to the Brady Campaign PDF.

http://www.bradycampaign.org/xshare/pdf/major-shootings.pdf

They include gangland/drug war shootings, yet imply that all the incidents are like Aurora.

Par for the course.

Gunsmith Dan
08-06-2012, 7:44 PM
Don't forget they also counted all murder/suicides as well, if you notice every liberal has been using that number .... their "talking points" for the week.

I wonder how they would react if someone said " We need to have stronger motorized vehicle control laws because of all the mass killings they are used in" If we used the Brady Complain group's way of counting stats there would be 100's of mass killings in the last year alone with motorized vehicles.

or

"We need to have stronger food control laws because of all the mass killings infected food was used in" could go on and on about how dumb they are when there is other things that kill alot more people than guns do.

Connor P Price
08-07-2012, 2:33 AM

Do you have a source for that? It would be immensely helpful in a little debate I've been involved in.

davbog44
08-07-2012, 3:35 AM
Recently ( on Fox News ) Jesse Jackson's daughter
has been all over fox news shows claiming that there has been "60 mass murders" since the Gabby Gifford AZ shooting,

60 mass shootings sounds like an average weekend in Ms. Jackson's home town of Chicago, where gun control is the law of the land.

It'll never happen, but if I were interviewing her and she made that claim, I would ask, "So, you're saying that mass shootings are way up since President Obama took office? What do you think it is, specifically about this President and his policies, that is causing so many people to become so unhinged?"

Or how about, "Do you think that the policies of this President and his Attorney General encouraging gun violence along our Southern border have perhaps contributed to gun violence North of the border as well?"

Finally, "Do you think this President's divisive policies and rhetoric that sharpen the divide between economic classes and racial groups have resulted in an ugliness that is now spilling over along the fringes into violence?"

Sorry, I just wanted to try thinking like a Democrat. I need a shower now.

Sgt Raven
08-07-2012, 4:11 AM

IIRC I've read reports where they count anyone 24 or under as a child.

"Lies, damned lies, and statistics" Mark Twain

morfeeis
08-07-2012, 7:28 AM

Anyone have a link pointing to a quote or something? 18, 21, or 24?

vantec08
08-07-2012, 7:31 AM
Liberals count their fantasies as reality.

rrr70
08-07-2012, 7:44 AM
Sorry for the delay. Here's the link to the Brady Campaign PDF.

http://www.bradycampaign.org/xshare/pdf/major-shootings.pdf

They include gangland/drug war shootings, yet imply that all the incidents are like Aurora.

Par for the course.

Wow! Brady's are really a POS group!

Oakland, CA
04/02/2012
Seven people were killed and three others wounded in a shooting rampage Monday at an Asian religious vocational school in east Oakland; police later detained the suspected gunman. (7 Dead, 3 Wounded In Shooting At Oakland Religious School; Gunman In Custody, CBS San Francisco, April 2 2012)

It's that a medical school shooting?

JeepFreak
08-07-2012, 8:16 AM

The GunFacts.info ebook mentions 24 year olds being considered as "children" and cites the FBI Uniform Crime Statistics. I've been looking all over that site and their reports and I can't find any mention of it or any place where it would make sense to be included. They brake things down by age, but not just by children/adults. I would really like to have the source on this too.
Billy