View Full Version : Triple B Clays ~ I got spanked (with video)

08-05-2012, 7:31 AM
Not that kind of video.

Yesterday was day one of the So Cal Championships at TBC in So El Monte (CA). With World FITASC right around the corner I decided to shoot the whole tournament according to the rules of FITASC.

Low gun, no movement until I saw the bird, 1oz loads, no pre mounting of the gun.

I managed to eek out an 82, and most of the birds I lost were the first bird on short or fast presentations.

Turns out low gun cost me a few targets (and the sun was in my eyes and I had a pebble in my shoe)

Here's a link to a bunch of random videos I shot. The best one is probably the vid called 5-stand.

08-05-2012, 10:15 AM
Nice! I'll have to watch 'em all.

08-05-2012, 10:12 PM
haha I see Ron and company in a couple of those videos - had three other friends there shooting today...I on the other hand was at Redlands for some good ol' trap :seeya:

08-05-2012, 10:19 PM
I wish I lived closer to Triple B's. I go to LA once in a while but stopping for some skeet then parking in Little Tokyo with a shotgun in the car doesn't sound like a smart idea.

Need to find something closer to me but I really like what I read about Triple B.

Of course I need to save up for a skeet gun, would be great to show up with a desert camo supernova with jungle warpaint on my face and a vest that says TACTICAL on back.

One day Benelli Vinci... one day.

08-06-2012, 12:56 PM
I believe in winners/losers, but seriously, it's just great being out there sometimes.

Wish I'd been able to participate. Looks like fun.

Funny, since I've never participated in a comp at BBB, or taken lessons, I've never been past Station 12 (I think public is actually supposed to stop at 11, but 12 is always a fun one).

08-06-2012, 3:03 PM
Went to shoot sporting clays for the first time last week. It was really a lot of fun. I didn't keep score, but I didn't miss much. I think shooting trap and skeet gave me a good perspective on leading targets.