PDA

View Full Version : savage mk2 or cz 452?

sigma6
08-04-2012, 9:59 PM
I have my malin 795 for appleseed. Now I want to get into more precision plinking if thats even possible. My marlin is accurate but the trigger isn't that great. I'm looking for a great out of the box total package under $500. I like the look of the savage better but if the CZ can consistently shoot better, I'll spend the extra money. I'm really interested in shooting out those repair dots you get with shoot N sees at 50 yards.

Excaliburr
08-05-2012, 12:19 AM
Even your 795 should do that as I do it all the time with mine. By out of the box package, do you mean with a scope? I think others will chime in, but my opinion is the CZ first, Savage second. If you are buying a scope, then you may have to go with the Savage because I would want you to spend $200 for a decent scope.

Izzy43
08-05-2012, 6:59 AM
I have my malin 795 for appleseed. Now I want to get into more precision plinking if thats even possible. My marlin is accurate but the trigger isn't that great. I'm looking for a great out of the box total package under $500. I like the look of the savage better but if the CZ can consistently shoot better, I'll spend the extra money. I'm really interested in shooting out those repair dots you get with shoot N sees at 50 yards.

You will not regret buying either the CZ or the Savage. Long term I think you will appreciate the CZ more due to its superior design, better metal work and accuracy. I have both and while I like the Savage I like the CZ more due to it not being so picky about ammo and superior receiver and action. Many CZ owners find that CCI SV shoots as well as Wolf MT at 2/3 the price (no promises as any .22 rifle can be very picky on ammo).

If you are going to scope the rifle the CZ American or Varmit is the best way to go as they are built for a scope while the UltraLux, Trainer and LUX are built for iron sight use (but can be scoped). I suggest you do some research over at Rimfirecentral.com on both the CZ and Savage rifles. Lots of info over there. Either rifle will fit in your budget of $500, sans scope.

I would also suggest that you budget at least $200 for a decent scope, more if possible. You will not regret it. An excellent rifle with a crappy scope becomes a crappy combination.

bubbala
08-05-2012, 7:38 AM
rework that trigger it's not difficult ,follow the link and search u tube for marlin 60 trigger .http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=357575