PDA

View Full Version : Long gun transfer question....

I SHOULD BE FISHIN
08-04-2012, 11:00 AM
I hope this is the right section, a friend of the family is getting rid of his gun collection and he has 2 long guns that where given too him years ago by someone that has since passed away. The gun was never transferred into his name. So my question is what is the proper way to purchase these rifles for myself. He feels that the long guns don't need to go through a transfer and it is only applies to hand guns but I i don't think this is right. This will be my first used long gun transfer and I want to do it right. Thanks guys.

Smokeybehr
08-04-2012, 11:03 AM
Just go to an FFL and do the transfer. He doesn't have to worry about it as the seller. You and he only have to worry if they come back as stolen.

OldShooter32
08-04-2012, 11:05 AM
They over fifty years old? C&R cash & carry.

I SHOULD BE FISHIN
08-04-2012, 11:08 AM
Just go to an FFL and do the transfer. He doesn't have to worry about it as the seller. You and he only have to worry if they come back as stolen.

He is going through a really tough time right now as he just lost someone really close to him and is part of the reason he is selling to raise money. I don't want to bug him to much other than the transfer, is there any way I can run the numbers to find out if they are stolen?

I SHOULD BE FISHIN
08-04-2012, 11:10 AM
They over fifty years old? C&R cash & carry.

One is a Mosin Nagant so maybe.....

Ron-Solo
08-04-2012, 11:21 AM
The Mosin is cash and carry. No need for a dealer

I SHOULD BE FISHIN
08-04-2012, 11:56 AM
The Mosin is cash and carry. No need for a dealer

C.A.I import mark on the Mosin M44, am I still good to go because of the age?