PDA

View Full Version : S. 3458 and H.R. 6241 - Federal Ammunition Sales Ban Legislation

CycloSteve
08-04-2012, 12:46 AM
NRA Legislative Alert just arrived in my Inbox...here we go again.

On July 30th, U.S. Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-N.J.) and U.S. Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-N.Y.) introduced legislation that would impose sweeping new--and not so new--restrictions on ammunition sales.

The bills, S. 3458 and H.R. 6241, are known as the “Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act.” The bill itself has four elements: (1) A federal licensing requirement for ammunition sellers; (2) Recordkeeping on all ammunition sales; (3) Reporting of all sales of more than 1,000 rounds of ammunition to anyone without a federal firearms license within five consecutive business days; and (4) A photo identification requirement for all non-licensees buying ammunition, “effectively banning the online or mail order purchase of ammo by regular civilians.”

The full information can be found here:

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/federal-legislation/2012/anti-gun-lawmakers-push-ammunition-sales-ban.aspx

Jack L
08-04-2012, 6:01 AM
It will not end there. The next thing would be that it would be a crime if you possess more than 1000 rounds of ammo.

huntercf
08-04-2012, 6:15 AM
It will not end there. The next thing would be that it would be a crime if you possess more than 1000 rounds of ammo.

Fixed it for ya!

tuolumnejim
08-04-2012, 6:27 AM
And look who the co sponsors are, I'm shocked SHOCKED I tell you. :rolleyes:

COSPONSORS(3), ALPHABETICAL [followed by Cosponsors withdrawn]: (Sort: by date)
Sen Akaka, Daniel K. [HI] - 7/31/2012
Sen Boxer, Barbara [CA] - 7/31/2012
Sen Feinstein, Dianne [CA] - 7/30/2012

Cnynrat
08-04-2012, 6:43 AM
You guys don't get it: This is Obama's plan to stimulate the economy before the election. By stimulating the well known fear and hoarding response among gun owners this threat of new regulations on ammunition sales will generate huge sales of ammo in advance the final vote on this bill. Ammo manufacturers and dealers will be overwhelmed with demand will hire many new employees as a result. Shortages will likely occur which will allow dealers to jack up ammo prices increasing profit margins significantly. The response could be large enough to drop the unemployment rate by 1.5 points.

In the end the bill won't pass which, like a rolling wave, will set them up for a new round of fear and hoarding stimulation in 18 months or so.

[/Sarcasm]

Carnivore
08-04-2012, 6:51 AM
Obama has nothing to do with it. It is Frankenstein trying to become relevant again and "prove" to the brain dead masses that she and the ultra liberal puppets deserve another term in office. This is one of those "see I am trying to protect you" moves. It wouldn't hurt Obamie but he isn't behind it. Well not directly anyway.

Jack L
08-04-2012, 7:25 AM
Without ammo, firearms are useless. Their new moves will be go after ammo. That’s almost scarier than going for our guns.

vincewarde
08-04-2012, 7:40 AM
Without ammo, firearms are useless. Their new moves will be go after ammo. That’s almost scarier than going for our guns.

Definitely the next tactic that the antis will use. Most non-shooters do not understand that 500 rounds of .22 can easily be consumed in one day of shooting by one person. When they hear that someone has 10,000 rounds of ammo, they see that as a threat to public safety - while we see it as a case lot of .22 and a few cases of centerfire. People who would never back restrictions on guns will back them on ammo.

Jack L
08-04-2012, 8:36 AM
Definitely the next tactic that the antis will use. Most non-shooters do not understand that 500 rounds of .22 can easily be consumed in one day of shooting by one person. When they hear that someone has 10,000 rounds of ammo, they see that as a threat to public safety - while we see it as a case lot of .22 and a few cases of centerfire. People who would never back restrictions on guns will back them on ammo.

I agree. And the BS part of this is a few 20 round boxes of ammo is all a gangster or psycho killer needs to go crazy on the public. It's another useless bill regarding real crime control. I feel another NRA donation coming on today.

gobler
08-04-2012, 11:41 PM
Looking through this bill and holy hell this is bad news!! Crappy thing is our senator is the dip ***** who helped write it and my congress critter is Chu. I feel truly screwed.

Sent from somewhere in space & time...

Emdawg
08-05-2012, 12:14 AM
This will not go anywhere. I feel for the people of Aurora, but there will be no nonsense gun control measures passed. If that nut in Tuscon could kill a federal judge and severly cripple a US congresswoman with no major legislation passing, then nothing will come of the Aurora shooting, like this bill. Gun control has really lost its punch, but we, gun owners, should stay frosty none the less.

mossy
08-05-2012, 12:19 AM
i am gonna call it now and say this bill is going nowhere. we need to focus more on SB249.

mosinnagantm9130
08-05-2012, 1:55 AM
Definitely the next tactic that the antis will use. Most non-shooters do not understand that 500 rounds of .22 can easily be consumed in one day of shooting by one person.

Hell, some people go through 500 rounds of .22 an hour.

But this bill will go nowhere. SB249 should have our attention right now.

tpc13
08-05-2012, 12:55 PM
Call the governator, call Boxer/Feinstein and Call all the US senators. Now is the time to Voice your opinion. I did now its your turn!!

City Hunter
08-07-2012, 11:09 PM
Anybody receive this email?

https://secure.freedomdonations.com/ccrkba/ammo_ban/?a=6332-n-ag

I don't know how effective their faxes are, but donating to any organization that SAF's Alan Gottlieb is a part must be good.

Sunday
08-08-2012, 12:59 PM
It will not end there. The next thing would be that it would be a crime if you possess more than 1000 rounds of ammo. Add reloading to the list. All this is nothing new, just more in the open as more people are waking up.

Sunday
08-08-2012, 4:21 PM
Ever notice the same politicians always make anti gun laws??? They are always reelected.