PDA

View Full Version : Sonoma Patch: Article and poll on bullet buttons

javalos
08-03-2012, 9:52 PM
I liked the article

http://sonoma.patch.com/articles/poll-should-california-ban-the-bullet-button-782f9d8b

Vlad 11
08-03-2012, 10:03 PM
what the?
This has been posted earlier. The results were a landslide for no and so were the comments.

So they reset the poll and comments? Maybe not to their liking?

javalos
08-03-2012, 10:11 PM
what the?
This has been posted earlier. The results were a landslide for no and so were the comments.

So they reset the poll and comments? Maybe not to their liking?

Vote again my friend.

Josh3239
08-03-2012, 10:22 PM
Yep, looks like they reset it. I hit it again :D

77bawls
08-03-2012, 10:47 PM
People all over the state - and across the country - feel passionately about the issue of bans on assault weapons and bullet buttons.

That is simply not true. Well it's true that they don't want an AW ban or have to put BB's on their rifles. And I don't get off where they are calling them assault weapons. By definition because the magazine is fixed it's not.

I think I'm going to build a featureless to make me feel better.

taperxz
08-03-2012, 10:52 PM
This is the SONOMA COUNTY PATCH. The other poll was in the San Mateo Patch.

GOEX FFF
08-03-2012, 11:39 PM
This is the SONOMA COUNTY PATCH. The other poll was in the San Mateo Patch.

^^ Correct.

The "Patch" does this adding different cities to their patches.

Vlad 11
08-04-2012, 12:16 AM
My bad, I see .. its a whole Patchwork of papers. This same poll is everywhere

I like the debate over in Dixon. http://dixon.patch.com/articles/poll-should-california-ban-the-bullet-button-23256462

BigDogatPlay
08-04-2012, 9:04 AM
I left a little nugget in the Sonoma Patch poll....

People bought and built rifles that have magazine locks so that they could fully comply with state law and regulation while enjoying their hobby / sport. The MagMagnet, while legal to purchase, was already a felony to actually use on a compliant rifle. So in response to a ratings sweep story on local TV, Senator Yee used legislative chicanery to change a bill from what it was into a poorly defined attempt to outlaw that MagMagnet from purchase / possession but which would have the effect of opening the door wide to any number of potential legislative attacks on lawful California gun owners.

This when there is, so far as we can tell, no recorded case of a California compliant semi auto rifle being used to commit a violent crime. Makes the crime control argument kind of weak.

Now Senator Yee appears ready to amend his bill again, through more chicanery, to change the laws and regulations which allow the California compliant rifle to exist in the hands of law abiding citizens who choose to own them. The proposed amendments appear to be driving toward making all the hundreds of thousands of legal rifles, again which have not been used to commit violent crimes, illegal and turning all the owners into felons instantly. Destroy your rifle, turn it in to law enforcement without compensation or get it out of the state.

This is our 'democracy' in action.

Finch
08-04-2012, 1:31 PM
These petty polls are, in my own honest opinion, a waste of peoples' opinions. When it comes to the real world, not the fantasy world that all these bureaucratic idiots live in, their opinions, votes, and ultimately their decisions, hold no sway over my actions. I will own what I want to own, and I will train consistently and be superman until I'm dead. My rights shall not be infringed upon, as they are inherent rights, and any decisions that do not abide by my rights are unconstitutional. Should something unconstitutional attempt to be forced upon me by my government, it is my right set forth by the Declaration of Independence, to rise up and alter or abolish it and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.
As a side note, the rights set forth in the declaration of independence precede those set forth in the constitution and the amendments that followed.

- V

Finch
08-05-2012, 12:14 PM
My apologies, I didn't intend to kill the thread. =\

- V

Carnivore
08-05-2012, 12:20 PM
My apologies, I didn't intend to kill the thread. =\

- V

Don't think you did it just ran it's course. When we start to kill a poll no one gets hyped up about it. Only when we are behind does a thread start to liven up. As discussed here before, the polls are really only to generate traffic on their website to bring in more advertising revenue. We are really our own worst enemy on it. If we stopped hitting it constantly then they might not put up as many but DANM IT I want to win lol.

Funtimes
08-05-2012, 1:21 PM
Don't think you did it just ran it's course. When we start to kill a poll no one gets hyped up about it. Only when we are behind does a thread start to liven up. As discussed here before, the polls are really only to generate traffic on their website to bring in more advertising revenue. We are really our own worst enemy on it. If we stopped hitting it constantly then they might not put up as many but DANM IT I want to win lol.

I disagree. As soon as we lose one, we will hear about it.

"XXXCITYHEREXXXX CITIZENS THINK GUNS ARE BAD OUR POLL SHOWS!"