PDA

View Full Version : Discussing in detail sensitive information

calAWBsux
08-03-2012, 8:57 PM
Is it a good idea to discuss in detail how/why some of the bills that the ANTIs write are vague/ineffective/wrong?

I've recently become active again in trying to help out the cause by donating $100 to stopSB249 and will be writing letters and passing out flyers, so don't think that I'm just here criticizing those that are trying to get **** done.

So, should we just dial back the information a bit? Or do you guys think it doesn't matter? It pisses me off that we may be helping the ANTIs a little by being so detailed in our discussions here.

candidviews
08-03-2012, 9:16 PM
Check

calAWBsux
08-03-2012, 9:19 PM
Check as in you agree?

pointedstick
08-03-2012, 10:14 PM
http://wildpariahpark.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/loose_lips2.jpg

XD40SUBBIE
08-03-2012, 10:28 PM
Is it a good idea to discuss in detail how/why some of the bills that the ANTIs write are vague/ineffective/wrong?

I've recently become active again in trying to help out the cause by donating $100 to stopSB249 and will be writing letters and passing out flyers, so don't think that I'm just here criticizing those that are trying to get **** done.

So, should we just dial back the information a bit? Or do you guys think it doesn't matter? It pisses me off that we may be helping the ANTIs a little by being so detailed in our discussions here.

Actual, meaningful strategy as in giving Yee and his pals the Stop SB249 play book? Yes, no, let's not do that. However, there are about a handful of people privy to that information. We can complain, brainstorm ideas, most of the ones I've read are pretty repetitive and we all seem to see eye to eye, on why we hate the bill, what needs to get done on a foot soldier level. But the grand mastering of the great plan to hit this? We don't know.

The only adverse thing I can see, it that Yee's clowns are likely reading our opinions to see what and which buttons they are pressing that's causing us pain. They are also likely to be weighing that pain to see how much it is and how they may possibly break up our ranks by conceding some of those provision.

With that said, some misinformation and some end around, off speed pitches can throw off their game. This will then invalidate their data and would fall for the rouse. It is not unlike the ally invasion of Normandy with Patton.;)

freonr22
08-03-2012, 10:30 PM
There is always the pm (private message a member directly) I have contacted many many people I don't know on here... All were kind.

XD40SUBBIE
08-03-2012, 11:34 PM
I want to write my own bill...SB or AB, depending on who gets it, XXX - The Ban Senator Yee bill. Why ban the good senator from San Francisco? He would haphazardly, without any supporting data, proof or study decide to criminalize and infringe upon the rights of California residents. That should be a crime and there should be a law against that!

nicki
08-04-2012, 12:21 AM
The so called AW ban is a game California has been playing since 1989.

The real underlying issue was to get Americans used to banning some guns so that it would open the door to ban more guns.

In 1982, the antis suffered a huge defeat with the failure of prop 15, a proposition that would have effectively banned new handguns in California.

The first AW ban squeeked through the assembly by 1 vote and it was a compromise bill to ban specific models of guns.

The Robeti Roos bill lead to the import ban of many foreign made guns and it set the stage for the Fed AW ban.

AB23 was modeled after the Fed ban except that it allowed no so called military features if a semi auto had a detachable magazine.

Where we are today is many people liked the ergonomics and the cosmetic features of the AWs, kinda like someone who likes a car with a spoiler or a hood scoop.

The bullet button and mag lock allowed us to modify our so called AWs into arms that had attachable mags. We gave up the rapid mag changes because we wanted the other features.

Of course since we are limited to 10 rounds, there really is no difference in lethality. One could argue that a mini 14 is more deadly that a bullet button AR because the mini can change mags and can use pre ban mags also.

The way Yee and the antis see it, we are using "loopholes" to get around the so called AW ban. It is kind of like driving 60mph in a 65mph zone to avoid speed traps.

Semi auto rifles are common arms, frankly when the facts are presented in courts, not the hype, the facts, the ban on "EBRs" should be ruled unconstitutional.

I think the courts will uphold our right to own common guns, even if they are "Ugly". The next issue will be magazine capacity because that effects function.

Restricting magazine capacity unduly burdens the "self defense" capability of arms, especially if you are defending yourself from an armed attacker(s).

The smart thing for our legislature to do is put a hold an any new gun laws, but our guys just want to keep plugging away.

You would think the national Democratic party would plead to the guys in our legislature to please lay off, especially in an election year.

Gun Control wasn't supposed to be an election year issue, but thanks to Zimmerman/Martin, the Aurora shooting and now our intelligent legislature, it will be.

It is too bad Romney's campaign seems to be so ****ing clueless, this is something they could really hammer Obama on.

Nicki

yellowfin
08-04-2012, 3:29 AM
Actually here can be a great place to organize efforts in specific detail. For example, who would be up for having a protest outside LCAV's building next Tuesday morning?