PDA

View Full Version : New Gun Store SD Gun Launch Party

Wiser Owl Tactical
08-03-2012, 11:17 AM
Come join us for our firearm launch party on August 25, 2012 from 10 am to 7 pm. We will be raising money for the Wounded Warrior Project. We will also have food and refreshments and a Modern Warfare Game Tournament. If you RSVP for the event on facebook, you will get 3% off your firearm purchase!! We will still be running other specials throughout the day!

If you want to participate in the tournament, let us know in advance. Prizes will go to the winner!

info@wiserowl.com

Mr.1904
08-03-2012, 1:46 PM
So you guys are open today for business? I work down the street. Go to that Togos right there frequently

Casual_Shooter
08-03-2012, 2:10 PM
Are you next to Cycle Sector?

TheThousands
08-03-2012, 2:11 PM
Awesome! I'm going to be out of town that weekend but good luck with the party!

GMG
08-03-2012, 2:41 PM
I don't do facebook, but good luck with your party anyway.

Wiser Owl Tactical
08-03-2012, 4:22 PM
We are currently open and selling tactical gear and apparel. However, we won't be selling guns until the 25th! We will be able to do special orders. Hours are Monday, Wednesday - Saturday 10 am to 7 pm and Sunday 12 pm to 5 pm. Closed on Tuesdays! If you mention that you saw this on Calguns, we will also give you the 3% discount. Military, Police, and EMS will always get a 5% discount on firearms. The 3% does not get applied to any other discount available. In addition, if you pay with cash we will give an addition 1% discount!!

Arkangel
08-03-2012, 11:16 PM
Will you be doing SSE?

FourLoko
08-03-2012, 11:38 PM
bleh

too many good shops too far south

DeCloaK
08-03-2012, 11:45 PM
I will definitely be their to show my support. I went in a couple of weeks ago and it was a cool shop. Glad to see you will finally be able to sell firearms. One question can I bring in a ringer (my kid) for the COD tournament.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Wiser Owl Tactical
08-04-2012, 10:19 AM
ArkAngel, for SSE we are thinking about doing it. We have to consult with the distributors and our armorers to get their opinions and what we can do. We will do our best to accommodate anything you need or want in a timely manner.

DeCloak, of course your kid can play. However, the prize may be adjusted for age appropriateness.

As soon as we get the final DROS equipment (hopefully by Aug. 15), we will be able to place special orders for firearms/items. Firearms that are special ordered will receive an additional discount (availability may vary; may be long wait times).

Hope to see you here soon!

Fishslayer
08-10-2012, 1:38 PM
I shop on Miramar all the time.

You guys dog friendly? He's more a 1911 kinda dog but I've trained him not to chew up the boxy black tactical stuff... :D

sunborder
08-10-2012, 2:39 PM
Love that a new gun store is opening in SD. Looks very nice.

A quick word about your website, however:

As a technical writer and editor, I have to say that you have some usability issues on the web page that are going to prevent customers from easily browsing for products.

Limiting the page to 12 items at a time when searching through your products is going to turn away a lot of internet customers. I just spent 5 minutes looking at your reloading components, and clicking through page after page to look at your inventory was frustrating, especially when you see there are 53 more pages in that prticular category.

I'm not sure who did your web store, but as a general rule you want customers to be able to view a large number of items at a time, not just 12. If the issue is page loading speed, you may want to crank down the size of the product images. Imagine walking into a brick and mortar store with many small rooms, and each one held only 12 products. Wouldn't you want your customers to see as many items as possible, so that something tickles their interest and they buy something?

Anyway, good luck with the store, and I know I'll be by at some point to browse in person.

Elite Armory
08-10-2012, 9:37 PM
Congrats!

Arkangel
08-10-2012, 10:06 PM
I can't make it on the 25th but I will stop by on Monday and bug you guys for a while :) I need some prices on parts for an AR Pistol that I'm working on.

BucDan
08-10-2012, 10:08 PM
I plan on stopping by sometime.

Wiser Owl Tactical
08-17-2012, 10:55 AM
Hey everyone,

We just wanted to remind everybody that we here at Wiser Owl Firearm and Tactical are 1 week out from the gun launch party. We have hired on some gunsmiths, so we can pretty much do anything you need! Anybody who mentions seeing us on Calguns or likes us on facebook can receive a 3% discount off of a firearm sale. Specials will be going all day off of gear and ammo! We tried to price the ammo as cheap as possible so even without a discount it is cheap. We will be also raising money for the Wounded Warrior Project. All of the profits from our WWP gear goes directly to the WWP! We will have free food and refreshments as well as a COD tournament in our lounge. We have a projector to play on so it should be fun. If you can beat me! Hope to see everyone next weekend!

We will put another reminder next Friday! :)

Elwood_Blues
08-17-2012, 10:58 AM
Which COD? So I can start practicing :D

BenHa
08-17-2012, 11:04 AM
I shall drop by :D

L4D
08-17-2012, 11:18 AM
Location?

You guys setup with a lathe? :)

Wiser Owl Tactical
08-17-2012, 11:46 AM
MW3 COD is the game of choice!!

Our gunsmiths would know more about what equipment they have and don't have. I am guessing probably not because that is a big piece of equipment that we can put on our wishlist at the moment. Still, I will pass the question along and see if they have access to it!

By the way the party is on August 25th from 10 am to 7 pm!

bsg
08-17-2012, 6:24 PM
thanks for the heads-up and info. good luck with your launch party, and your business.

SURVIVOR619
08-17-2012, 10:38 PM
Cool deal sporto! Glad to see another LGS here in the S.D.! Can we buy ammo now? Any steel cased .223? :43:

Wiser Owl Tactical
08-18-2012, 10:15 AM
Yes ammo is available now!! We have steel cased .223 on order and we have brass 5.56 available now. We can also special order you anything you need!

Wiser Owl Tactical
08-18-2012, 1:51 PM
sunborder,

Thank you so much for the comments about the online store. We are still working on the layout and such. If you want something, please feel free to call me and I can find it for you. Otherwise, we should have the website working better soon! I am sorry you had a hard time navigating. I promise we are working on a fix!

SURVIVOR619
08-18-2012, 3:12 PM
^great, thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk🔫

Ford8N
08-18-2012, 5:50 PM
sunborder,

Thank you so much for the comments about the online store. We are still working on the layout and such. If you want something, please feel free to call me and I can find it for you. Otherwise, we should have the website working better soon! I am sorry you had a hard time navigating. I promise we are working on a fix!

Will you sell mag kits and AK parts? That's all I buy on the internet.

Wiser Owl Tactical
08-19-2012, 4:22 PM
Ford8N,

We should have a variety of those items on our website, depending upon availability, at any given time. However, we do not have any in stock at the store at this time. Please feel free to come by or message us any time if you ever want us to special order anything for you. Remember, if you see anything on our website and would like to bypass shipping costs, we can have it sent to the store for free for you to pick up. Thanks!

Spoilerv2
08-20-2012, 9:20 PM
My friend and I stopped by earlier today to check the store out. Selection was small, but I'm sure that will change with time. I walked away happy with a spyderco :clap:

Just wanted to welcome Brian and his store. It's refreshing to see new gunstores opening up. Good luck!!

Wiser Owl Tactical
08-22-2012, 12:07 PM
Thank you so much for stopping by the store! We appreciate you sharing your experience on Calguns, as well. Our selection will continue to grow over the next month, and remember that we are offering an additional discount on all firearms not in stock. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to better assist our customers. Thanks!

- Bryan and Casey Adamson

Wiser Owl Tactical
08-24-2012, 11:22 AM
I promise this is the last time we will mention the party. We just want to get the word out.

We will be having our gun launch party all day tomorrow from 10 am to 7 pm with 3% off all firearm sales. Additional discounts on ammo and gun accessories will also be going on all day. We will have a parking lot BBQ at 12 pm and a COD MW3 tournament at 1 pm or so. Prizes will be given to the winner(s). We will also be raising money for the Wounded Warrior Project and selling WWP gear. All proceeds go to the WWP. Please join us for some fun, music, food, and games!

RazzB7
08-27-2012, 11:22 AM
Stopped by on Saturday with my wife. Casey and Bryan are great people and I'm sure their customer service will shine through! Selection was a little thin, but they're new and growing. Best of luck, guys!

Wiser Owl Tactical
08-27-2012, 7:01 PM
We would like to thank everyone that came out and supported us on Saturday, especially those that provided helpful advice and encouragement. We also appreciate everyone who donated to the Wounded Warrior Project or purchased a WWP product. We count ourselves blessed to have had such nice people through our doors.

We will continue to build our inventory over the next couple of months to better satisfy our patrons. For now, we are offering a standing discount on all special order firearms and will be deeply discounting a different special order pistol or rifle daily. We are now able to offer gunsmith and paint services in-store, as well.

Again, thank you to everyone and please let us know if we can be of any assistance.

Wiser Owl Tactical
08-27-2012, 7:02 PM
We would like to thank everyone that came out and supported us on Saturday, especially those that provided helpful advice and encouragement. We also appreciate everyone who donated to the Wounded Warrior Project or purchased a WWP product. We count ourselves blessed to have had such nice people through our doors.

We will continue to build our inventory over the next couple of months to better satisfy our patrons. For now, we are offering a standing discount on all special order firearms and will be deeply discounting a different special order pistol or rifle daily. We are now able to offer gunsmith and paint services in-store, as well.

Again, thank you to everyone and please let us know if we can be of any assistance.

Wiser Owl Tactical
08-27-2012, 7:02 PM

Flintlock Tom
08-28-2012, 12:08 PM
Can you tell me how much you would charge for an out-of-state purchase/transfer?
Thank you!

Wiser Owl Tactical
08-28-2012, 11:42 PM
Flintlock,

We charge $35 to cover the cost of DROS, as well as our payment processing fees and labor. We do not feel that it is necessary at this time to charge an additional fee to make it more costly for those who order from out-of-state sellers.

Our Calguns account should be upgraded by tomorrow to allow us to advertise our rates for gunsmith services, painting, transfer fees, and to post our discounts and specials.

Please let us know if there is anything else you might need from us. Thank you for your time!

Flintlock Tom
08-29-2012, 2:12 PM
Flintlock,

We charge $35 to cover the cost of DROS, as well as our payment processing fees and labor. We do not feel that it is necessary at this time to charge an additional fee to make it more costly for those who order from out-of-state sellers.

Our Calguns account should be upgraded by tomorrow to allow us to advertise our rates for gunsmith services, painting, transfer fees, and to post our discounts and specials.

Please let us know if there is anything else you might need from us. Thank you for your time!

Let me make sure I understand you correctly. $35 total, out-the-door (not counting sales tax) for DROS AND fees for an out of state transfer?

If so, that is the lowest in this half of the state.

Thank you!

Wiser Owl Tactical
08-29-2012, 2:29 PM
Flintlock,

That's it, $35. As mentioned, we don't think we need to charge any extra "storage fees" at this time. We have enough room and find it unnecessary. However, if we have to pay anything upon delivery of the gun we will transfer that to the buyer. We don't foresee that though.

Any other questions, just let us know. We are working on getting the fee schedule/policies online for everyone to read. Thank you!

pc_load_letter
08-29-2012, 2:49 PM
Wow, that's great news! Hope you can keep it at that price. I just paid $40 at a local competitor and I believe Parallax charges $45 for receivership of a transferred firearm.

Flintlock,

That's it, $35. As mentioned, we don't think we need to charge any extra "storage fees" at this time. We have enough room and find it unnecessary. However, if we have to pay anything upon delivery of the gun we will transfer that to the buyer. We don't foresee that though.

Any other questions, just let us know. We are working on getting the fee schedule/policies online for everyone to read. Thank you!

Socal858
08-29-2012, 2:59 PM
Dammit i missed the bbq!!!!

Its good to see more shops in north county, hope to stop by soon

Flintlock Tom
10-15-2012, 9:37 AM
I was in the WiserOwl store this week-end. Casey was happy to do an out-of-state transfer for me. They called me promptly when the gun came in.
When I pulled up to the store, on Sunday, I was greeted before I even walked in the door.
The store is very small, but neat and tidy. The stock is well displayed and clearly marked with prices.
What they lack in size they more than make up for with customer service. They made me feel welcome and treated me like I was the most important person in the store.
I was transferring an Uberti model 1885 (Browning High-wall) in 45-70. The young man who helped me seemed genuinely interested in the rifle and how I was going to use it.
They were efficient in doing the paperwork and I was in and out in about 20 minutes. They also charge the lowest transfer fee in southern California: $10!
I asked about AK47 parts and was told that they would be getting some in, but they could order anything I needed.
They also had an AR15 stripped receiver (Yankee Hill, I think) on display for $100.
All in all a very pleasant experience and I will definitely be going back.