PDA

View Full Version : OC Armory rant, sort of :D

nick
08-02-2012, 10:17 PM
It would appear that OC Armory found a way to make those terrible business-killing PPTs profitable - they just do them fast! I was there to transfer a Tantal, and it took all of about 10-15 min. They did several of them in a row for other people, as well. In the process, I noticed a nice S&W in the original box they had in the display case - another 5 min or so to look it over, and another 10 or so min for the paperwork. In the process, we talked about NFA trusts and AOWs, and now I'm looking to get another S&W from them - this time the Governor.

I've rarely seen a more efficient process of separating people from their money, and leaving the said people willing to separate with more money. To those gun stores complaining about PPTs - get off your arse and be efficient, you might make a profit, after all.

Oh, and it took all of my self-control not to get the two Dan Wessons they had on consignment. So, for those of you looking for Dan Wesson 1911s, they had a PM7 for $900 (yep, $900), and a CBOB with 5 mags and a holster for $1200. PM7 had a small scratch on it (but looked to be in a good condition otherwise), CBOB was pristine. If I didn't have those already... I was tempted to buy them anyway, at those prices.

OC Armory is great.

GlennG31
08-02-2012, 10:32 PM
I agree 100%. OC Armory is a great shop. I did a PPT with them last year, and it only took about 15 minutes. Mike and his crew are an awesome outfit, and their shop is right down the street from my office, so that makes it hard to resist stopping by their shop all the time.

badicedog
08-03-2012, 12:31 AM
OC Armory is a top notch outfit...

Ron-Solo
08-03-2012, 1:00 AM
Something to keep in mind for future purchases. Good shops are hard to find. I've bought stuff from them at gun shows, but have never been to their shop

760practicalshooter
08-03-2012, 1:18 AM
I shot a high power match a few weeks ago and the owner, his wife, and a couple of buddies were in the lanes next to me. Nice people and they had some nice equipment.

glbtrottr
08-03-2012, 9:17 AM
Mike got married???

hmmm....and I didnt get invited.

wow.

Ill call his arse when he wakes up...I just feel like a number now :)