PDA

View Full Version : CCW in condor range

Manolito
08-02-2012, 6:19 PM
I am sorry if this has already been discussed but I can't find an answer. I will be going on a hunting trip in the condor range area and I will carry my CCW weapon. This weapon is filled with a lead core round for self defense. Will I have to buy cor bon for my trip or will the Ranger rounds be ok. The last thing I need is a citation.

Thanks for the help I have read the regs twice and still don't feel I have and answer.

Respectfully,
Bill

HokeySon
08-02-2012, 6:27 PM
That is because you are looking the rules for one thing and trying to find an answer for another thing. The hunting rules say you must use lead free when hunting. If you are carrying while not hunting, those rules do not apply. BUT, if you are carrying a pistol while hunting with a rifle, the rules probably would apply because the gun is in the field. I would say you are not going to find an answer in writing until you are asked by the warden to sign your citation.

Manolito
08-02-2012, 6:34 PM
I think you are right I am on my way to cabelas to buy some cor bon and thanks for the comment.

Bill

DirtyDave
08-02-2012, 9:19 PM
If you are carrying it while hunting then you will need to buy a box of cor-bon

wjc
08-03-2012, 2:36 AM
Do a search in the DFG Q&A site. I believe Carrie addressed this issue.

waterdog27
08-03-2012, 5:02 AM
I carry in the condor range and I carry non-leaded bullets specifically for that reason. The question has been answered by DFG.

im2ninja4u
08-03-2012, 8:36 AM
My pistol is loaded with Cor-Bon only when I'm hunting. If I'm not hunting, it's loaded back up with Ranger T's or some other variation of JHP.