PDA

View Full Version : Legality of screw on flash suppressor ???

RCxtra
08-02-2012, 4:39 PM
I’ve completed an 80% AR-15 lower and installed the CA DOJ approved ‘bullet button’. Now working on an 80% DPMS LR308 TM-10 lower and will also install ‘bullet button’ on that as well. Mag is 10 rounds for both. However I’ve read several posts in the legal thread and I’m a little confused, there are references to pre/post ban that I don’t fully understand.

Before I completely assemble my rifle and take it to the range I want to make sure that it’s completely legal. All parts were bought online and came with threaded barrels and simple screw on flash suppressor. With the ‘bullet button’ installed, making it a fixed mag that needs a tool to remove, am I legal with the screw on flash suppressor?

Appreciate your input on this…
RCxtra

alfred1222
08-02-2012, 5:53 PM
Yes ur good

CSACANNONEER
08-02-2012, 5:59 PM
I’ve completed an 80% AR-15 lower and installed the CA DOJ approved ‘bullet button’. Now working on an 80% DPMS LR308 TM-10 lower and will also install ‘bullet button’ on that as well. Mag is 10 rounds for both. However I’ve read several posts in the legal thread and I’m a little confused, there are references to pre/post ban that I don’t fully understand.

Before I completely assemble my rifle and take it to the range I want to make sure that it’s completely legal. All parts were bought online and came with threaded barrels and simple screw on flash suppressor. With the ‘bullet button’ installed, making it a fixed mag that needs a tool to remove, am I legal with the screw on flash suppressor?

Appreciate your input on this…
RCxtra

LMFAO! There is no such thing as a "DOJ approved bullet button (or any other magazine lock)". While you are legal, I would highly recommend that you read the laws for yourself instead of just asking on a public forum. Also, I suggest you study each of the AW flow charts a little bit to further help you understand the laws surrounding AWs in CA.

mdimeo
08-02-2012, 6:58 PM
You can do pretty much anything to a fixed magazine rifle, except short barrel, short overall length, or >10 round magazine.

If you need the muzzle device to make the 16" barrel length, the feds will make you pin and weld it.

Lone_Gunman
08-02-2012, 8:59 PM
While you are at it hit up stopsb249.org. State senator Yee wants to outlaw your bullet button.

Here's the operative text:

"SECTION 1. Section 30515 of the Penal Code is amended to read:
(d)
(1) For the purposes of this section, "detachable magazine" means any ammunition feeding device that can be readily removed from the firearm without disassembly of the firearm action. "Detachable magazine" includes a magazine that may be detached from the firearm by merely depressing a button on the firearm either with the finger or by use of a tool or a bullet.

(2) The Attorney General shall amend applicable regulations to bring those regulations into conformi1y with this subdivision.

(3) This subdivision shall become operative on July 1, 2013."

-Brandon

mmayer707
08-02-2012, 9:12 PM
^^^ This ^^^