PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul bill/ amendment

gobler
08-02-2012, 12:10 PM
Ok I heard about a bill or amendment to this cyber security bill that Ron Paul created which would eliminate the NICS check and add a few other pro freedom tidbits... Any one know about this??

Sent from somewhere in space & time...

Rock6.3
08-02-2012, 12:11 PM
Bill was defeated, and included a ban on magazines with a capacity of more than 10 rounds.

stix213
08-02-2012, 1:05 PM
Yet another thing Ron Paul has proposed that was DOA rather than focusing on anything practical where there is any expectation of positive results.

Liberty1
08-02-2012, 1:50 PM
Yet another thing Ron Paul has proposed that was DOA rather than focusing on anything practical where there is any expectation of positive results.

Ron's steadfast resolve and dedication to first principles (434 v 1 votes and presidential/tea party efforts) has done more to inspire America's present rebirth of conservative/libertarian ideas then any other sitting elected official. I congratulate him for decades of unimpeachable selfless service and wish him a very joyful retirement and many thanks!

:patriot:

Audit the FED! http://www.campaignforliberty.com/

stix213
08-02-2012, 2:12 PM
Ron's steadfast resolve and dedication to first principles (434 v 1 votes and presidential/tea party efforts) has done more to inspire America's present rebirth of conservative/libertarian ideas then any other sitting elected official. I congratulate him for decades of unimpeachable selfless service and wish him a very joyful retirement and many thanks!

I don't doubt his convictions and efforts, what I doubt is his results. Besides non-quantifiable things like spreading ideas (which any guy on the radio can claim to do as well), can you please name one thing he has set out to do and actually accomplished?

Dantedamean
08-02-2012, 2:14 PM

Kinda sounds like he did that last minute to offset the magazine ban. I think it's very smart. He throws all these outrageous progun amendments on there that way Democrats may not want to vote for it. If this info is true that is, I didnt hear or read anything about him amending it.

Syntax Error
08-02-2012, 3:30 PM
I don't doubt his convictions and efforts, what I doubt is his results. Besides non-quantifiable things like spreading ideas (which any guy on the radio can claim to do as well), can you please name one thing he has set out to do and actually accomplished?

If you rate a legislator's success based on the number of laws he/she has passed, you might start to make sense.

Personally, I rate a legislator's success based on the numbers of laws he/she tries to block, stop, or otherwise not introduce. It just means less government intrusion in our lives and less meddling into affairs that would otherwise make it worse if the State did get involved.

So yes, Ron Paul is an accomplished legislator. He stands for liberty.

desertjosh
08-02-2012, 3:47 PM
If you rate a legislator's success based on the number of laws he/she has passed, you might start to make sense.

Personally, I rate a legislator's success based on the numbers of laws he/she tries to block, stop, or otherwise not introduce. It just means less government intrusion in our lives and less meddling into affairs that would otherwise make it worse if the State did get involved.

Yup. I agree even though I'm not going to vote for him.

RP1911
08-02-2012, 4:31 PM
Poison pill. Dantedamean I think got it right.

City Hunter
08-02-2012, 9:56 PM
Bill was defeated, and included a ban on magazines with a capacity of more than 10 rounds.

So the Cybersecurity bill is dead? Well that's one less thing to worry about for now.

If only we had more like him in the house and senate

Stonewalker
08-02-2012, 10:03 PM

Word, even if I don't vote for him this time around, he's still the only politician I trust and was a major influence in my journey toward liberty. I think he's doing the same thing for millions of other people as well. He's more of a leader than any other current politician I'm aware of.

kaligaran
08-02-2012, 10:26 PM
Word, even if I don't vote for him this time around, he's still the only politician I trust and was a major influence in my journey toward liberty. I think he's doing the same thing for millions of other people as well. He's more of a leader than any other current politician I'm aware of.

QFT!

m03
08-02-2012, 10:33 PM

Sooo...you'd rather the magazine ban had passed then?

dustoff31
08-02-2012, 10:43 PM
Does anyone have a link, or some verification that any such amendment was introduced?

I can't anything about a NICS amendment attached to this bill at all.

nicki
08-03-2012, 1:05 PM

I will agree that Ron Paul may not have done practical things, but right now the American People are looking seriously at the Federal Reserve Bank.

In fact the house voted to finally audit the Fed.

Ron Paul has reached the youth and the campaign for Liberty is just starting. Ron Paul has laid the seeds for needed change in this country.

The real impact of Ron Paul will start to be felt in the near future. Many of the youth who thought Obama was the one now view him as done.

It is too bad that Romney is just so "dull", he doesn't inspire people.

The Ron Paul supporters have been doing the legwork to reshape the republican party at state and local levels all across the country.

The real effect of Ron Paul will start coming in the 2014 and 2016 elections, as more Ron Paul type candidates get elected and take over positions in the republican party, things will start shifting in the republican party.

Old school Conservatives and new school Libertarians agree on many issues and once they work together, they will start to purge out the NEOCONS and the "Moderate Republicans" out of the republican party.

The republican party will actually start moving and practicing what they have been preaching, "less government, more freedom".

The republican convention will be interesting in that if Ron Paul is shut out, I believe Romney will lose the election.

If Romney was smart, he would nominate Ron Paul as his VP. That would send a shock wave and make the election interesting.

I would love to see a debate between Ron Paul and Joe Biden.

Nicki

Some Guy
08-03-2012, 3:50 PM
I don't believe Ron Paul would want to be associated with a Romney administration. It would be interesting though.

hvengel
08-03-2012, 3:57 PM
I will agree that Ron Paul may not have done practical things, but right now the American People are looking seriously at the Federal Reserve Bank.

In fact the house voted to finally audit the Fed.

Ron Paul has reached the youth and the campaign for Liberty is just starting. Ron Paul has laid the seeds for needed change in this country.

The real impact of Ron Paul will start to be felt in the near future. Many of the youth who thought Obama was the one now view him as done.

It is too bad that Romney is just so "dull", he doesn't inspire people.

The Ron Paul supporters have been doing the legwork to reshape the republican party at state and local levels all across the country.

The real effect of Ron Paul will start coming in the 2014 and 2016 elections, as more Ron Paul type candidates get elected and take over positions in the republican party, things will start shifting in the republican party.

Old school Conservatives and new school Libertarians agree on many issues and once they work together, they will start to purge out the NEOCONS and the "Moderate Republicans" out of the republican party.

The republican party will actually start moving and practicing what they have been preaching, "less government, more freedom".

The republican convention will be interesting in that if Ron Paul is shut out, I believe Romney will lose the election.

If Romney was smart, he would nominate Ron Paul as his VP. That would send a shock wave and make the election interesting.

I would love to see a debate between Ron Paul and Joe Biden.

Nicki

To some extent this was also true for Barry Goldwater in the early 1960s. He didn't win the election in 1964 but it can be argued that he had a big hand in getting the modern conservative movement going.

stix213
08-03-2012, 4:41 PM
Sooo...you'd rather the magazine ban had passed then?

Magazine ban wasn't going to pass either way

Well you do have a point there

POLICESTATE
08-03-2012, 4:43 PM

^ :thumbsup:

Yeah, look at the CA legislature, the more they accomplish the worse off we get. Fed legislature is just pretty much the same.

Yugo
08-03-2012, 4:50 PM
:popcorn: