PDA

View Full Version : Another robbery halted by armed store owner in my neighborhood.


gorenut
08-02-2012, 8:12 AM
Just happened yesterday. There was another attempted robbery not too far either where it was again halted by an armed store owner.

GARDEN GROVE, Calif. (KABC) -- A Garden Grove jewelry store owner opened fire on five masked armed robbers who stormed into the shop, thwarting what police say was likely a smash-and-grab heist.

The entire incident happened in 1 minute. Surveillance video shows a white Ford SUV backing into a handicap parking space at the front of the store. One by one, the suspects dressed in dark clothing rushed into the store with guns drawn.

As two of the suspects aimed their weapons at employees and a single customer demanding everyone drop to the ground, the three other suspects opened pillow cases and demanded cash.

The storeowner was in the back of the store and apparently saw what was happening through a small window in a wall that separates the rooms.

"She felt that these suspects where possibly going to injury the employees or the customer, so she fired two rounds from her handgun towards the suspects, which caused them to flee the store," said Garden Grove Police Lt. Jeff Nightengale.

The suspects stumbled and ran into each other as they clamored to escape the storeowner's blazing gun. One suspect fired off a round that hit the ceiling before exiting. The suspects jumped into the getaway car and left.

"Obviously, we are leery of recommending that storeowners take immediate action. It's all going to have to be based on the circumstances at hand," Nightengale said.

The store workers and customer were not injured.


http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news%2Flocal%2Forange_county&id=8758565

Footage of the attempted robbery in the link.. luckily they were a bunch of buffoons and were doing their best Benny Hill impersonation.

All I gotta say is "you go girl!"

gumby
08-02-2012, 8:22 AM
The 2nd amendment at work. I too live in Orange County and this sort of thing has been happening throughout our county. Westminster, Garden Grove, Mission V. , Laguna , HB--where next?

tay
08-02-2012, 9:08 AM
Another incident in OC:

http://www.ocregister.com/news/robinson-366375-walker-knauerhaze.html

gorenut
08-02-2012, 9:52 AM
Another incident in OC:

http://www.ocregister.com/news/robinson-366375-walker-knauerhaze.html

Hah.. yea.. thats the other one I mentioned. I know exactly where that spot is too. If they woulda just gone to the back of the mall.. there's at least half a dozen jewelry stores and an exit route right there. Then again.. probably more security guards to contend with.

Just a poor spot all together to decide to rob.. especially if you're African-American. Not to be racist.. but they completely stick out in that area and was probably put on high alert as soon as they entered the parking lot. It's like 90% Vietnamese there and the other 10% is at least 9% of other Asian descent.

tay
08-02-2012, 10:54 AM
If they parked in the back, trying to get out of that "mall" would be more diffcult, not to mention parking...


Hah.. yea.. thats the other one I mentioned. I know exactly where that spot is too. If they woulda just gone to the back of the mall.. there's at least half a dozen jewelry stores and an exit route right there. Then again.. probably more security guards to contend with.

Just a poor spot all together to decide to rob.. especially if you're African-American. Not to be racist.. but they completely stick out in that area and was probably put on high alert as soon as they entered the parking lot. It's like 90% Vietnamese there and the other 10% is at least 9% of other Asian descent.

MiddleKingdom
08-02-2012, 11:09 AM
Hmmmmmmm. I see a number of hoodies. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, be sure to have your 12-gauge ready.