PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in SF bay trying to fishing on sunday for salmon FOR FREE?!

scotthmt
08-01-2012, 7:54 PM
Only catch is that you have to tow my boat, 20ft bayliner trophy, and have your own fishing license. I'll cover everything else. But if you want to bring gear or a pole im open to that to. I am located in oakland, i plan on launching out of richmond, making a ride to muir beach and salmon fishing, leaving my house at 5:30 am and returning to the dock at around 3 or 4.

pmoradi2002
08-01-2012, 8:08 PM
Come to OC :(

maidendeth13
08-01-2012, 8:36 PM
Not this weekend, I'm in Berkeley for another month of so though and always looking to fish. Picking you and your boat up in Oakland would be easy, although my fishing stuff is in SLO right now :(

What sort of power on the boat and what's your experience on the water if you don't mind me asking?

JonS
08-01-2012, 10:07 PM
Can my 96 V6 4runner tow it? I'd be interested if it is.

scotthmt
08-02-2012, 4:10 PM
I have a 92 bayliner trophy with a 175 mercury 2 stroke, with a 8hp honda kicker, I also have a vessel assist if you're worried at all. I go out fishing nearly every weekend on this boat, but i usually have a buddy to tow it or i borrow a truck from someone, im just looking for other options to get this boat out fishing while i don't have my own tow vehicle. I will be getting my own truck soon. As far as gear, you dont really need to bring anything honestly, i have all the salmon gear, 3 really good setups with 1 decent one. and 4 rods is the most i really like to fish on this boat anyway, more is just a pain.

And a v6 4runner should be able to tow it.

tpuig
08-02-2012, 4:39 PM
If I were available on Sunday I'd be all over this. Only been salmon fishing a couple times, and have NEVER, repeat NEVER caught a salmon...

I'm sure my cummins would be up for the tow...

StefanJanowski
08-02-2012, 5:03 PM
Can i call dibs on a future trip?

scotthmt
08-02-2012, 5:27 PM
maybe next weekend guys, i will keep you updated. I'll refer to this post and send out PM's. we only have 5 weeks of salmon fishing left so i will be keeping everyone updated. I have been out for salmon 6 times this year, ive atleast hooked a fish each time, last trip i got bit 3 times, hooked one and lost it at the boat. trip before that i got a 17lb and a 25lb fish. You just gotta have the tow truck, i'll bait up and set it all up, hook the fish and toss you the rod! the rest is up to you!