PDA

View Full Version : Citizen saves cop

freethemouse
08-01-2012, 5:30 PM
Saw this on /r/guns over at reddit and a quick search didn't reveal anything posted about it on Calguns. Thought some of you might find it interesting.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/08/daniel-zimmerman/defensive-gun-use-of-the-day-just-lending-a-hand-edition/

Though I'm hesitant encourage any citizens to use firearms except in self defense against imminent threat of grievous bodily harm or death, I think this is one of the few exceptions.

gumby
08-01-2012, 6:00 PM
This should be sent to FOX for nationwide broadcasting.

BigStiCK
08-01-2012, 6:08 PM
Good Stuff!

bsg
08-01-2012, 6:23 PM
glad the good guys won, and are alive today.

phdo
08-01-2012, 6:25 PM
Nice. Another point for the good guys.

bruceflinch
08-01-2012, 6:45 PM
Nice! :clap:

Bobby Ricigliano
08-01-2012, 6:50 PM
Saw this on /r/guns over at reddit and a quick search didn't reveal anything posted about it on Calguns. Thought some of you might find it interesting.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/08/daniel-zimmerman/defensive-gun-use-of-the-day-just-lending-a-hand-edition/

Though I'm hesitant encourage any citizens to use firearms except in self defense against imminent threat of grievous bodily harm or death, I think this is one of the few exceptions.

This use of a firearm definitely constituted a defense against imminent threat of grievous bodily harm or death. It just happened to be someone else's life.

Still just as valid.

Arkangel
08-01-2012, 7:09 PM
It's a good day when the good guys win.

Kappy
08-01-2012, 7:54 PM
Tagged.

freethemouse
08-01-2012, 8:22 PM
This use of a firearm definitely constituted a defense against imminent threat of grievous bodily harm or death. It just happened to be someone else's life.

Still just as valid.

Yes, I agree. But if the cop was a civilian, there's serious risk that this man shoots the wrong person. Unless he knows with certainty who the wrongful assailant is, I don't think he should engage.

m98
08-02-2012, 2:41 AM
Yes. +1 for the good guys.

m98
08-02-2012, 2:44 AM
Yes, I agree. But if the cop was a civilian, there's serious risk that this man shoots the wrong person. Unless he knows with certainty who the wrongful assailant is, I don't think he should engage.

I think in this case, its very obvious whos the bad guy. In the case where there is uncertainly, then one should know what the right thing to do.

JBaus
08-02-2012, 7:34 AM
SHARED....We need to share this link with everyone on all social networks/forums.

A-J
08-02-2012, 7:36 AM
The only thing I'd be worried about is another officer arriving at the exact wrong time and thinking I was shooter #2. But I don't think I'd let that stop me from helping.

Side note - quote of the day from another article on thier site:

“After he shot me, I looked him straight in the eye,” said Leone. “He says, ‘Don’t kill me. Don’t kill me… I’ve got a daughter!’ I said, ‘f- you … pow, pow, pow, pow!’”

Gotta love those tough old birds!

JBaus
08-02-2012, 10:18 AM
The only thing I'd be worried about is another officer arriving at the exact wrong time and thinking I was shooter #2. But I don't think I'd let that stop me from helping.

Side note - quote of the day from another article on thier site:

Gotta love those tough old birds!

Yeah, I read that other story as well. What I love is that the intruder called 9-1-1 a few miles down the road and said he shot himself in the chest......3 times. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

ZirconJohn
08-02-2012, 10:28 AM
OP... Hit the quote button on right, and copy/paste the YouTube link to your post... then I'll delete the VID here on this post once you done that... :thumbsup:

This VID deserves a lofty position... :yes:

4g1n8cmwhIY

goofcat
08-02-2012, 12:03 PM
Wow! 5 rounds on target with a revolver at 165+ while dodging fire! Was that HICKOK45?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn2XX81_kPU

JamesY
08-02-2012, 12:19 PM
If you were in the same situation IN California, would you help? I don't think i would.

erik_26
08-02-2012, 3:06 PM
If you were in the same situation IN California, would you help? I don't think i would.

Well, first it is nearly impossible in certain parts of the state to have a LTC.

Since it would be very unlikely most could carry, they would be forced to either be a victim or watch helplessly as innocent people and LEOs die.

However, if I was able to help I would. If LEOs were pinned down and unable to make the shots from their position or were injured by fire and no longer able to respond to the shooter and I had the ability to take a shot to end the threat, I would.

Honestly though, as soon as I heard shots, I think I would do like most people (including internet tough guys) and flee for cover.