PDA

View Full Version : Incredible!!! 2 million shotshells in her life

VFX_man
08-01-2012, 2:38 PM
Impressed for sure! Hope she doesn't hunt . . . cause there would be only 1 out of 100 things left alive. ;)

Talk about dedication, glad to see that in this day and age!

http://www.fieldandstream.com/photos/gallery/guns/shotguns/ammunition/2012/07/kim-rhode-wins-gold-medal-womens-skeet-makes-us-olym?cmpid=enews080112&spPodID=020&spMailingID=4677620&spUserID=MTMxMDk0NDEwODcS1&spJobID=280299953&spReportId=MjgwMjk5OTUzS0

toby
08-01-2012, 6:36 PM
She is a Great person, I use to shoot at the same gun range she attended, I always thought to my self why does that girl always have two men standing next to her and loading her rifles, so one day I just asked, hey who are you and who are those guy's? she laughed and said my name is Kim and I am a professional shooter I am also trying out for the olympics well I was just floored at the time she was shooting a 22-250 and getting ready to go to Africa with her Dad, yep a 22-250........ for small game of course, I then would watch her shoot clays and trap. She would shoot 500 rnds per day, so her coaches said. She was trying out for the Olympics for the first time she was very young when I met her.

180ls1
08-01-2012, 6:55 PM
Im curious what her brain looks like with all those explosions so close to her head. That many rounds going off cant be the best for your health. I wonder if she will have any mental issues like the nfl guys have.

Good for her though she is killing it.

rkt88edmo
08-02-2012, 4:55 AM
Its not like she is mounting the shotgun on her forehead, I seriously doubt the recoil forces are anywhere near damage levels. Otherwise we'd all be concussed getting bounced on an adults knee as babes.

zfields
08-02-2012, 5:12 AM
Its not like she is mounting the shotgun on her forehead, I seriously doubt the recoil forces are anywhere near damage levels. Otherwise we'd all be concussed getting bounced on an adults knee as babes.

There is quite a bit of force. I know a retired cop who messed up a retina due to the recoil of a shotgun. Granted it was with full bore Buck, but either way some of that force still knocks your nogging around.

Sent from my fingers, to your face.

Olav
08-02-2012, 5:23 AM
I wonder if she does any dry fire practice?

tony270
08-02-2012, 5:31 AM
273 sheels every day for 10 years, I didn't add fraction.

sd_shooter
08-02-2012, 6:35 AM
The real question is, did she buy her ammunition online?

J/K, it's good to see shooting sports are still mainstream!

mif_slim
08-02-2012, 6:54 AM
I think anyone who is not a kid gets hurt from shooting is because their not mounting the gun right.

Wish I can shoot that much. Haha.

bassboss
08-03-2012, 10:26 AM
The real question is, did she buy her ammunition online?

J/K, it's good to see shooting sports are still mainstream!

:rofl2:

Citadelgrad87
08-03-2012, 10:54 AM
They aren't mainstream. I was watching the coverage, I think it was Saturday when she shot that 99/100 and set a record for consecutive Olympic medals. The NBC coverage was of a 4 HOUR women's bicycle road race. They covered it all. They broke away for just long enough to show her break a single clay, giver her score, and say she medaled. Update over, back to the 32d mile of a 100 or so mile race.

The next day there was a little more coverage, then it snowballed. Not sure what the cange was from, but this wasn't even a speedbump in the mainstream when it happened.

Rusty_Buckhorn
08-03-2012, 11:25 AM
Im curious what her brain looks like with all those explosions so close to her head. That many rounds going off cant be the best for your health. I wonder if she will have any mental issues like the nfl guys have.

If you've ever shot one of todays newer semi-auto's, you know there's not really much recoil at all. I imagine her guns are specially made for her, and probably have even less than the off the shelf guns we'd get.

Thefeeder
08-03-2012, 11:39 AM

Mounting a well fitted shotgun reduces felt recoil. Plus the weight of the guns are in the 9 lbs range and shells are 7/8 oz of shot

If you ever shoot a well fitted shotgun, its like butter.

tony270
08-03-2012, 2:06 PM
Hey I calcuated one million shells for 10 years in that other thread. If she fired two million shells that would be roughly 576 sheels every day for 3,650 days, that's 10 years, and it comes out to 1,996,550 sheels, almost two million.

Is that possible at her age?

Rusty_Buckhorn
08-03-2012, 3:30 PM
well, this is her 5th Olympics, so she's got 20yrs, and that would only be since her 1st Olympics, not counting any of the shells fired before.

180ls1
08-03-2012, 4:19 PM

If you've ever shot one of todays newer semi-auto's, you know there's not really much recoil at all. I imagine her guns are specially made for her, and probably have even less than the off the shelf guns we'd get.

Mounting a well fitted shotgun reduces felt recoil. Plus the weight of the guns are in the 9 lbs range and shells are 7/8 oz of shot

If you ever shoot a well fitted shotgun, its like butter.

Well im talking more of the shock waves produced from the blast rather then so much the push of recoil, regardless of the gun.

lewdogg21
08-03-2012, 4:45 PM
Trap loads don't hurt. It's like a BB gun compared to waterfowl or turkey loads. The force of the blast is a lot less.

180ls1
08-03-2012, 8:16 PM
Trap loads don't hurt. It's like a BB gun compared to waterfowl or turkey loads. The force of the blast is a lot less.

well yeah, im not talking hurt like physical pain.

Thefeeder
08-03-2012, 8:29 PM
Well im talking more of the shock waves produced from the blast rather then so much the push of recoil, regardless of the gun.

I see your point. The shock wave tend to be forward and to the sides of the muzzle, but yea, your getting some too.

Yikes, wonder about the 150w sub woofers some drivers are blasting.