PDA

View Full Version : SF area - salmon still hitting? recommend a charter boat?

rkt88edmo
08-01-2012, 7:06 AM
Are the kings still hitting hard outside of SF?

anyone have a recommendation for a charter outfit that leaves from SF or the east bay?

Been hearing about how off the chart the catch is this season and I don't fish much but sounds like it would be well worth it to bring home two kings.

Thanks!

21SF
08-01-2012, 9:12 AM
Hit up the Berkeley Marina or emeryville marina....

Whiterabbit
08-01-2012, 9:18 AM
I recommend the Queen of Hearts in Half Moon bay which is not what you were asking persay, but worth the drive if my freezer is an indicator. I don't know if they are still hitting hard.

rkt88edmo
08-01-2012, 8:26 PM
Well, from reports it sounds like the period of boats all limiting out are past for now, but they are still catching, gonna take a ride out of Emeryville on Sunday and give it a go.

Thanks for the input all. HMB is just a tad more of a drive than I'd like to do especially if the boat stays out all day.

scotthmt
08-01-2012, 8:50 PM
they are doing decently, you may get lucky and get a fish, but its far from a guarantee. I would wait another week to pay on a charter.

rkt88edmo
08-02-2012, 5:59 AM
Sadly this coming weekend is my only option for a while. If I had a tow capable rig I'd take you up on your offer.

SteveR213
08-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Too bad I'm not closer. Have a Dodge with a Cummins in it that begs for that stuff.

21SF
08-02-2012, 4:01 PM
they are doing decently, you may get lucky and get a fish, but its far from a guarantee. I would wait another week to pay on a charter.

Wouldnt they be worse in a week? Further into the tributaries on the way inland?

Ism415
08-02-2012, 4:08 PM
I highly recommend hog heaven..... best boat out there by far.... and I know a lot of the big time guys would back me up on it.... Ive booked a few bachelor partys everyones always caught fish... Pm me with any questions...

sean the boat captin is a great guy

scotthmt
08-02-2012, 5:06 PM
Wouldnt they be worse in a week? Further into the tributaries on the way inland?

Theyre beginning to stage outside the gate, then they'll hold there for a few weeks, then make their way inside the bay, hold there for a few weeks, then head up the river.

We are at the beginning stages of the staging outside the gate. Next week we should be midway in to it which will likely result in better fishing.

rkt88edmo
08-06-2012, 6:28 AM
Took the New Salmon Queen out of Emeryville. Very light load with seven passengers and the captains rod.

We took 12 salmon over a full day. 8 very healthy sized, 3 smallish, and 1 whopper. A very nice white sea bass was also landed. Bigger than all the salmon. Lost 5 or 6 salmon near the boat so we were very close to getting limits for all.

Once someone found the salmon there were up to 25 boats all circling the area near a line of buoys. They werent hitting hard but it was slow and steady.

JagerDog
08-06-2012, 7:55 AM
Glad you did well. Shim's a good skipper. I'm not much for the uber high rails on the boat though.

Personally, when I did party boats, I liked going out of Sausalito. No need to waste 2 hours traversing the bay. The Outer Limits with Capt. Jim Robertson.