PDA

View Full Version : Ah Crap... 10/22 Takedown finish+blue locktite = ugly

onegtalon
07-31-2012, 8:33 PM
If you want a pristine condition receiver on your new 10/22 takedown don't use blue locktite on your factory rail. I used a little to much and now I got a nice blue stain on the receiver under the rail. Won't come off with anything.... I tried to use my fingernail to see if it would rub off... guess what? The finish is painted on! So now I got a nice scratch on it with some shinny SST showing through.

Oh well..... it's a tool and I don't plan on selling it but just letting ya know. (the only gun I don't have idiot marks is my P220... eveything else, eh I don't care).

It's just that the scratched 'brushed' SST looked finish on this stands out more than a blued/black gun.

Semi rant off.... :oji: Back to TV..

Readytoroll
07-31-2012, 8:40 PM
That sucks

Merc1138
07-31-2012, 8:48 PM
SST? 10/22 receivers are aluminum(which for some reason ruger chooses to paint instead of anodize...)

onegtalon
07-31-2012, 9:59 PM
SST? 10/22 receivers are aluminum(which for some reason ruger chooses to paint instead of anodize...)

Yea sorry... I didnt do my research and was kinda watching the olypmics n thinking at the same time... You're correct on that. (I'm a 10/22 newb.. Funny how I bought 6 other firearms before that one)....

Anyway live n learn...

Sent from my iPhone...

ns3v3n
07-31-2012, 11:32 PM
You know what you need to do right??? Duracoat the badboy.

onegtalon
08-01-2012, 12:13 AM
You know what you need to do right??? Duracoat the badboy.

Yeah.... in like 10 years when I decicde to sell it..... hah.. until then I get my scope within a week and forget about the s--t under the rail for now.