PDA

View Full Version : FREE NRA membership

07-31-2012, 1:56 PM
After having spent the better part of the last week reading all sorts of nonsense and anti gun hysteria put out by the national media, I decided it was time to do my part and fight back.

Being an NRA Patron member, my first thought was to do the final upgrade to that of benefactor. While I believe doing so would in my own small way help strengthen the NRA, I decided not to do so.

What I did decide to do was to sponsor 5 Calgun members who are not currently supporting the NRA by paying for their initial one year membership. I just checked the NRA web site, and the current one year adult membership is $35.00.

Accordingly, I will pay (no strings attached) for a one year membership in the NRA for the first 5 Calgunners that contact me via PM with the necessary information.

According to the NRA web site, I will need the name, address and DOB to fill out the necessary membership form.

Please understand, this is an honest no hidden agenda offer. My only request would be that whoever I sponsor, will agree to maintain their continuing membership at their own expense.

While I am making this offer with no expectation of anyone else doing the same, it would be really great if other current NRA members that had the ability to do so did the same.

zfields
07-31-2012, 2:09 PM
Mine just lapsed, want to do mine for a year :) sometimes its hard to tell when its a real renewal notice, or a 6 month warning.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

Montu
07-31-2012, 2:11 PM
good thing your doing, I just signed up for the first time 2 days ago

bigdawg86
07-31-2012, 2:17 PM
PM sent...

Legasat
07-31-2012, 2:53 PM
After having spent the better part of the last week reading all sorts of nonsense and anti gun hysteria put out by the national media, I decided it was time to do my part and fight back.

Being an NRA Patron member, my first thought was to do the final upgrade to that of benefactor. While I believe doing so would in my own small way help strengthen the NRA, I decided not to do so.

What I did decide to do was to sponsor 5 Calgun members who are not currently supporting the NRA by paying for their initial one year membership. I just checked the NRA web site, and the current one year adult membership is $35.00.

Accordingly, I will pay (no strings attached) for a one year membership in the NRA for the first 5 Calgunners that contact me via PM with the necessary information.

According to the NRA web site, I will need the name, address and DOB to fill out the necessary membership form.

Please understand, this is an honest no hidden agenda offer. My only request would be that whoever I sponsor, will agree to maintain their continuing membership at their own expense.

While I am making this offer with no expectation of anyone else doing the same, it would be really great if other current NRA members that had the ability to do so did the same.

What an awesome thing to do! You meet the best people on this site!

billmaykafer
07-31-2012, 3:00 PM
i sent a pm to you.

Yugo
07-31-2012, 3:06 PM
3 YEAR MEMBER HERE....VERY NICE THING YOU'RE DOING HERE :clap:

zfields
07-31-2012, 4:28 PM
Billy....

Hint hint:
You sent a pm to the wrong person.

07-31-2012, 5:12 PM
Wow:

Got a great response to my offer. I have the information for 7 Calgunners. I will fill out the appropriate forms in just a few minutes and the membership to the NRA will be on the way. I know I original said 5, but 7 is fine. Offer closed.

Very happy to do this.

Dick

HowardW56
07-31-2012, 5:29 PM

Wow, a very generous offer...

I am an annual member, but I have reupped so many times that I'm good until 2017....

disturbed1
07-31-2012, 6:04 PM
This is a super awesome idea and nice thing to do. Once I get all my situations cleared up. I may do the same but not on Calguns. Use it as a tool to turn anti gunners or non gunners interested into guns.

ptroxx
07-31-2012, 6:17 PM
Bummer I Just missed out.... Im a new gun owner and have been wanting to get a membership just been putting it off....

Nice offer.... sorry I missed it...

billmaykafer
07-31-2012, 6:22 PM
Billy....

Hint hint:
You sent a pm to the wrong person.

i know,i was so excited. i did end up being number 2 tho'.:D

Yankee Clipper
07-31-2012, 7:07 PM
Great offer Dick! Thanks from all of us NRA gun owners for doing that!

acolytes
07-31-2012, 7:11 PM
You're a good man 003. I just msigned up myself. I also recruited 4 others to join.

secret.asian.man
07-31-2012, 7:19 PM
dang, i just missed it. i want to eventually be a lifetime member.

morfeeis
07-31-2012, 7:38 PM
What a great gift, 2A folks are the best folks....

bigdawg86
07-31-2012, 7:47 PM
I think I was part of the "group" that got in... a million thanks!

stix213
07-31-2012, 7:52 PM
Pretty good of you. I just signed up for a 5 year membership a few weeks ago after I think my last membership just ran out myself. Even just the American Rifleman magazine is worth the regular membership fee, being one of the better gun mags you'll find.

spetsnaz
07-31-2012, 8:01 PM
become a life member man. 300 bucks and you're set for life

in my opinion it might be one of the most important $300 you can spend in your lifetime

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=556869

acolytes
07-31-2012, 8:53 PM
Bummer I Just missed out.... Im a new gun owner and have been wanting to get a membership just been putting it off....

You can still start with an annual membership for $35.00. A few of my friends that didn't have the money for a lifetime membership did this. I think I saw on the NRA's page where you can also make monthly payments on a lifetime membership.

GOEX FFF
07-31-2012, 9:07 PM
What an AWESOME gesture!! Props to ya 003!!

wisefire
07-31-2012, 9:13 PM
Very nice of you for this offer and extending it to 7 calguners as well. Hats off to you.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Eat Dirt
07-31-2012, 9:17 PM
Hat's off to you Sir..........003

Great thing you are doing .............

and I'm seeing that it's newer Cal-Gun members getting in on this

Anchors
07-31-2012, 9:23 PM
Very, very cool thing to do. Best way to drop $245 on getting people involved!

IrishPirate
07-31-2012, 9:32 PM
calgunner of the year :thumbsup:

new1911
07-31-2012, 9:56 PM
christmas came earlier for 5 lucky calgunners!

BomarFab
08-01-2012, 10:09 AM
Very nice thing of you to do. I got a letter from them a few weeks ago, so I sent my check out this week to join for the first time.

XD40SUBBIE
08-01-2012, 10:29 AM
christmas came earlier for 5 lucky calgunners!
Actually 7...anyone else wanna be as generous? I'm thinking of joining, but life is getting in the way of paying the 300 or even the $35. But if someone where to do me the solid, I promise I will get the lifetime when that one expires next year.;)

08-01-2012, 11:16 AM
To:

Randy in Brea
Nathaniel in Cupertino
Paul in Madera
Peter in Rancho Santa Fe
William in San Diego
Nick in Grand Terrace
John in Cypress

Your NRA membership application has been completed and submitted. You should be contacted by the NRA and receive your membership packet in the near future. If you have any questions, you can call the NRA membership line at 1-877 NRA-2000.

Lifeon2whls
08-01-2012, 11:22 AM
That's pretty awesome and you deserve a big thanks from everyone for going way above and beyond.

Its on my list but I just donated $100 to CGN as well as becoming a CRPA member. I figured I would start "locally" and then get my NRA membership.

surfguy
08-01-2012, 11:23 AM
A one year membership is $25 and includes a duffle bag or pocket knife. Who couldn't use either of those?! Of course being a member of a large group lobbying for our rights is also a big bonus.

readysetgo
08-01-2012, 12:31 PM
To:

Randy in Brea
Nathaniel in Cupertino
Paul in Madera
Peter in Rancho Santa Fe
William in San Diego
Nick in Grand Terrace
John in Cypress

Your NRA membership application has been completed and submitted. You should be contacted by the NRA and receive your membership packet in the near future. If you have any questions, you can call the NRA membership line at 1-877 NRA-2000.

@003

Would you be willing to post your process for accomplishing this?
For example, did you use the "gift membership" site to sign up and exactly what info did you need from the "receiver" and from yourself.

I'd appreciate more details. :) Oh and great job!

A one year membership is $25 and includes a duffle bag or pocket knife. Who couldn't use either of those?! Of course being a member of a large group lobbying for our rights is also a big bonus.

Where's this deal? Do you have a link or is it mail in etc.?

I've been thinking along these lines for awhile now and this thread really got the wheels in my head turning. I think we could pull off something pretty big... but gotta think it out a little more first.

foesgth
08-01-2012, 12:52 PM

Here is a link through ShootingUSA. (http://www.shootingusa.com/LATEST_UPDATES/NRA_news/NRA_Membership/nra_membership.html) They pay $10 of your membership. What is stopping you now?

surfguy
08-01-2012, 1:03 PM
https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?campaignid=bonusgiftwy&EK=Y2GRPPBD&pubID=148.30&hid=15248585

acolytes
08-01-2012, 1:29 PM

I know some people who signed up just so they can get those items. lol For $25, you become an NRA member for a year, and get to chose between one of those items. It's a no brainer.

08-01-2012, 3:59 PM
To answer the question about the process, it is very simple and straight forward. I called the NRA membership service number, 1-877-NRA-2000 and told them I wanted to sponsor 7 new members. I gave them my membership number, and the name and address of those I wished to sponsor. They did ask for the DOB, phone number and e-mail address of the new members; since I only had the name, address and DOB, I was unable to provide the other information, which was not a big deal. They then hit my American express card for the required dues and the process was completed. As noted by another Calgunner, they are currently running a “special”, so the membership was only $25.00 per person, which saved me a few bucks. Total cost to me for sponsoring 7 new NRA members was $175.00. Money I believe well spent.

acolytes
08-01-2012, 4:20 PM
To answer the question about the process, it is very simple and straight forward. I called the NRA membership service number, 1-877-NRA-2000 and told them I wanted to sponsor 7 new members. I gave them my membership number, and the name and address of those I wished to sponsor. They did ask for the DOB, phone number and e-mail address of the new members; since I only had the name, address and DOB, I was unable to provide the other information, which was not a big deal. They then hit my American express card for the required dues and the process was completed. As noted by another Calgunner, they are currently running a “special”, so the membership was only $25.00 per person, which saved me a few bucks. Total cost to me for sponsoring 7 new NRA members was $175.00. Money I believe well spent.

It's awesome seeing people like you, and Robert step up for the cause. Kudos to you.

readysetgo
08-01-2012, 4:24 PM

Thanks 003!

dang, i just missed it. i want to eventually be a lifetime member.

Actually 7...anyone else wanna be as generous? I'm thinking of joining, but life is getting in the way of paying the 300 or even the $35. But if someone where to do me the solid, I promise I will get the lifetime when that one expires next year.;)

I'll pick up 3 total, first dibs goes to these posts above that missed out, if they're still wanting, if not I'll open a slot to someone else.

Same terms as 003 posted, PM me your name, address and DOB. I'll PM the following three, if they don't respond by tomorrow night I'll open their slots for someone else:

1. ptroxx (info received)
2. secret.asian.man (info received)
3. XD40SUBBIE (info received)

I'll call it in when I get all three's info and comeback here to post confirmation.

ETA: Got all the info from all three calgunners, I'll try NRA now, if they're not open, I'll call 'em in first thing in the morning.

That's 10 new members in an afternoon! Passing the torch... who will pick it up? I know 003 didn't expect any others to participate but I wonder how far we could go with this. 20+ by tomorrow, it's obviously doable, we've proved that right here. :thumbsup:

trew10
08-01-2012, 4:42 PM
Nice thing you did sir. Just imagine if the NRA did the same gave a free initial year with atleast two year continued membership the number of new member's would go through the roof. Just a thought

readysetgo
08-01-2012, 6:05 PM
Ugh... can I just vent a little, they need to make that $25 offer available through a web site, that call I just made wasn't the worst I've ever had to make but it wasn't the best either. Actually they do have a site setup for gift membership but it doesn't show the $10 discount.:o

Anyways, to confirm the following three are now official NRA members:
1. ptroxx
2. secret.asian.man
3. XD40SUBBIE

The rep said could take 4-6 weeks to get your membership package. They did give me your membership numbers and advised those would be active within a few days, I'll pm each of you that info.

To add info about the "process":
1. I was only required to give NAME and ADDRESS
2. They also asked for DOB, telephone, email info. They said this is not required though. For the :TFH: (just playing, I was even leary of taking DOB info, but I'll make sure to delete any personal info they gave as a precaution).
3. They do ask for a choice of magazine subscription (I just chose American Riflemen for all)
4. You can call in when you get your packet and change the magazine option and update any personal info if need be.

Cheers to all!

BenHa
08-01-2012, 6:09 PM
Time for me to join the NRA :]

ptroxx
08-01-2012, 6:16 PM
Ready you are awesome.... Thank you for making this possible for use that missed out on 003's offer... I cant wait to get my package from the NRA...

Thanks 003!
I'll pick up 3 total, first dibs goes to these posts above that missed out, if they're still wanting, if not I'll open a slot to someone else.

Same terms as 003 posted, PM me your name, address and DOB. I'll PM the following three, if they don't respond by tomorrow night I'll open their slots for someone else:

I'll call it in when I get all three's info and comeback here to post confirmation.

ETA: Got all the info from all three calgunners, I'll try NRA now, if they're not open, I'll call 'em in first thing in the morning.

That's 10 new members in an afternoon! Passing the torch... who will pick it up? I know 003 didn't expect any others to participate but I wonder how far we could go with this. 20+ by tomorrow, it's obviously doable, we've proved that right here. :thumbsup:

XD40SUBBIE
08-02-2012, 9:26 AM
Thanks 003!

Thanks Ready for your generosity to perfect strangers.

SocomM4
08-02-2012, 9:48 AM
I'll throw my name in the "help a brother out" hat.

secret.asian.man
08-24-2013, 7:23 AM
a year ago you gave me the gift of a NRA membership, and i once again thank you. yesterday i renewed my membership and gifted a membership to a stranger/person as you did while i was at the gun counter.

thank you.

2nd Mass
08-24-2013, 6:32 PM
Well done!

pitbull30
08-24-2013, 8:15 PM

Very nice of you. You are CGN contributor material. You should consider it.

readysetgo
08-24-2013, 9:42 PM
a year ago you gave me the gift of a NRA membership, and i once again thank you. yesterday i renewed my membership and gifted a membership to a stranger/person as you did while i was at the gun counter.

thank you.

Whoa, necro thread! It's worthy to bring it back though, I think. Thanks for the update. When you give a gift membership the NRA sends a reminder before it expires and I wondered what had become of you guys. Hope everyone else renewed.

Good job secretasianman! :thumbsup:

BB-Stacker
08-24-2013, 9:53 PM
Your a great American!