PDA

View Full Version : Had an 870 and sold it, looking to pick up another!

deviljon
07-31-2012, 9:41 AM
Hi everyone,

Earlier this year I purchased a used 870 from another forum member and not too long after, sold it off. Had all the tacticool stuff hanging off of it and now I just want a simple setup. Thinking of a hogue shorter LOP stock and fore-end with a mag extension, nothing else.

I remember seeing a thread about the newer 870's getting makeovers and not allowing users to simply add the extensions on. Is is still possible to purchase a new older model?

Also, where is the best place to purchase one locally? I'm in SoCal and considering Big 5 or Turner's. A nice 18" barrel configuration is all I'm looking for.

Thanks.

hcbr
07-31-2012, 10:50 AM
Bought mine from big 5 a while back, should be able to get an 870 from an older stock.

deviljon
07-31-2012, 11:06 AM
Cool, I'll check out Big 5 after work. Thanks.

fishboy
07-31-2012, 11:28 AM
i bought one from gunbroker.

CK_32
07-31-2012, 12:19 PM
Did the same sold off mine with all the bells and whistles and just picked up a 26" express magnum with the wood furniture. After a long good convo with aippi figured out it was the best bang for the buck. Big 5 is eh best spot to buy I've found is tuners when they go one sale with the rebate. Behind them was big 5 I think. Call around and find out the pricing.

Planing getting a ext tube and maybe 18"er for it and maybe a side saddle and leaving it at that. The only ones I've heard you can't add a ext tube with is the tactical with the like one piece ext tube they offer. Heard it was junk but if you have a standard 4 shot like mine you just drill or sand down the dimples and ext tube goes right on.

This is the tube I'm talking about it doesn't work on (looks like a nice boob on the end of your tube)
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p14/sportin3s/c2e74016.jpg

Should be fine on the other factory tubes.

deviljon
07-31-2012, 12:42 PM
Cool thanks. I'm not interested in that whole Knoxx pistol grip stock so it shouldn't be a problem. Okay with a regular express model.

NYCShooter
07-31-2012, 5:00 PM
Don't forget to add a light, which is mandatory on an HD gun, IMO.

jyo
07-31-2012, 5:28 PM
Check the Calguns for sale ads---maybe post a "want to buy" ad (they're free)---try to find an older 870---they are the best! Take your time, the right deal will come along.