View Full Version : Humane Society finally gets taken to court....Great news

07-31-2012, 9:21 AM
This is the best morning I've had in a while

also see www.humanewatch.org great info regarding the suit

07-31-2012, 9:30 AM
This is gonna be interesting.

07-31-2012, 9:59 AM
I watched Big Miracle.....not to be mean but I told my wife, its people like the charactor Drew played that messes everything up for us...her maliputive ways regulated many of our freedom to do anything outdoors.....

Im happy this is happening!

07-31-2012, 10:11 AM
Oh this is going to be good!

07-31-2012, 10:52 AM
I like the charges. Finally someone calling a spade a spade - it is indeed a racket.

Let's see how it goes once they are treated like the common criminals instead of pretending to be political prisoners and getting away with the slap on the wrist.

07-31-2012, 10:57 AM

07-31-2012, 11:52 AM
High Fives all around. Maybe I wont have to watch their pathetic commercials anymore.

07-31-2012, 2:29 PM
I hope the idiots do some REal jail time with the real cons and not get the royal treatment like what martha stewart got. I doubt it though, but taking down an criminal organization like this is still awesome.............maybe god does care about our 2a rights+ hunting

07-31-2012, 2:55 PM

They complained to DMV, and said the plates were offensive, and needed to be turned back in. DMV told them to pound sand.

07-31-2012, 4:19 PM

07-31-2012, 5:09 PM
Damn! I really hope this works out in our favor.

I'm very skeptical they won't weasel their way out of it and turn this against us in some way though.

Still better than nothing though! :thumbsup:

07-31-2012, 5:44 PM
Now they just need to be tried for all of the other problems they have created in the past i.e the harris ranch truck burnings a couple months ago

07-31-2012, 8:21 PM
So did PETA infiltrate and take them over?

P.S. I like to define PETA as . . . People Eating Tasty Animals ;)

07-31-2012, 8:44 PM
xtra 870 I am the last to stand up for the humane society but I think you will find the harris ranch burning of their trucks is far worse than the humane society. I think you will find some local grown terrorism. The police are holding this investigation very close to the chest right now.

07-31-2012, 10:01 PM
I'm very skeptical they won't weasel their way out of it and turn this against us in some way though.

Even if they do, it's a warning shot. Dodging a bullet is not a smart long-term strategy. They are officially on notice now.

08-01-2012, 7:43 AM
They deserve this for their role in supporting SB 1221. Well, they deserve it for a lot of things but especially for that.

08-01-2012, 8:33 AM
Poorly written article. It's an opinion piece, not journalism. It would be nice to see this kind of news reported by legitimate journalistic sources that can write spin-free. Anyone that supports the HSUS would dismiss that article outright as coming from a "fair and balanced" source. (not be confused as specifically connected with fox news).

Doesn't matter that that is a straw man fallacy. But just as I discount spin-based writings from other orgs I do not support, I recognize that the folks that disagree with me can and do do the same when spin-based news is reported that I DO agree with.

Which is why I would have been much happier if this report was written to higher journalistic standards.

08-01-2012, 11:05 AM
are they the ones making those commercials exploiting tragic animals?

08-01-2012, 12:55 PM
That's a stupid question. My point is that WE discount any genuine argument or valid evidence "they" have because they couch it in terms of exploited tragic animals. We do not support lead bans because with little exception (guy working with dfg doing a great job) it's a message lost in videos of dying bald eagles.

And because the focus of the reporting is the spin, not the data, we discount EVERYTHING. And I believe we are right to do so, straw man or not.

Which is why I am sad to see THIS hsus article couched in the same spin. Opinion based commentary buried throughout the article. Comments that will alienate fence sitters leaning to the hsus side.

My point is that because we are (or should be) aware that bad journalism results in a lost message, we should not participate in it. That bad journalism invites the Straw Man to destroy the good news.

Which IMO is exactly what happened in the article above. THAT is what saddens me.

08-01-2012, 1:18 PM
Comments that will alienate fence sitters leaning to the hsus side.

In this case, the article is irrelevant - it's the legal proceedings that have started that matters. If the article was about getting the message out in the main stream media, I would agree with you. This is, of course, unless the facts about the proceedings were fabricated, which would be a problem...

08-01-2012, 1:33 PM
High Fives all around. Maybe I wont have to watch their pathetic commercials anymore.