PDA

View Full Version : New gun laws will do nothing to stop mass shooting attacks

eagle eye
07-30-2012, 6:41 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/07/30/new-gun-laws-will-do-nothing-to-stop-mass-shooting-attacks/

Dantedamean
07-30-2012, 6:56 PM
Great article. It's the first one I saw that referenced the unreliability of 100 round mags and inferred that they saved lives because it caused a jam.

Whatisthis?
07-30-2012, 7:54 PM
Fantastic article with ALL truth! :thumbsup:

Too bad Obama is probably just using gun control to get re-elected. Even if not, he is judging 100% without any knowledge on the subject. Great practiced morals and ethics from our current president! :facepalm:

TurboChrisB
07-30-2012, 8:13 PM
I noticed John Lott was the author.

bohoki
07-30-2012, 8:24 PM
yep its like banning jet fuel to prevent airline crashes

harden potential target areas

Bri
07-30-2012, 8:55 PM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/484013_452227258144250_531668232_n.jpg

:rolleyes:

Rider1k
07-30-2012, 9:10 PM
Ask one politician that is trying to ban firearms anything about a certain firearm and I'll bet they are lost! The don't know the difference between fully auto, tri burst and semi, let alone a bolt action or a pump. Hell, for that matter, they don't know the difference between a rim fire or a center fire or 9mm and a 50 BMG, an AR from an AK, a Glock from a Colt...... If it shoots its bad!! Worse yet if it looks like a military type its the devil! It makes me sick when they call our Cal BB AR's machine guns or military assault weapons. If you want to ban something then educate yourself on what your trying to ban!!!!

Oneaudiopro
07-30-2012, 9:30 PM
Ever notice when they try and pass more gun control legislation, they always try and punish those that had nothing to do with the incidents?

CGT80
07-30-2012, 9:34 PM
I was talking to my mom about this topic. I asked her if AK 47's should be banned. She said maybe. She isn't anti gun. She owns a gun and shoots competitions. I asked her what an AK 47 was. She couldn't even describe it.

I am not familiar with AK 47's. Full auto weapons are basically banned in California, as well as mags over 10 rounds. If you bought an AK 47 with 10 round mags in a semi auto configuration, it wouldn't be much different than my mini 14. The AK looks smaller and seems to have better grips for maneuvering the gun, but it doesn't seem any more deadly than many of the other rifles out there. An OLL AR is pretty similar to the mini 14 as well. Actually I don't need a bullet button either.

I am pro gun and look at what I do know and come up with an opinion that AK's and other so called assault rifles are no different than non-assault rifles in California, if they follow the same laws that are already in place. The anti's or less active gun people think the assault rifles must be bad, but don't know why.

People think my truck is an old clunker gas guzzler. What is a gas guzzler? There is no simple explanation. I think it does good to get a 5500 pound truck around at 10 mpg with a small block carbed engine that makes 420hp and 525 tq, all with the aerodynamics of a brick. I can tow 15000 pounds total (truck and trailer) and get 6mpg. Stack 4 more prius's behind the first one. Tie them all together, and see what kind of mileage it gets, or if it even moves. It is all based on opinion.

3-30 round mags instead of a single 100 round mag would have saved so many lives. Yeah right. I can change my pistol mag in about 2 seconds, maybe 5 second for my rifle mags. The shooter would have to pause for 4-10 seconds for 100 rounds fired from his rifle, while surrounded by wounded, unarmed citizens.

It might have made a very small difference in a situation with one gun. That would be like banning average citizens from driving personal cars (cars would only be used for businesses and government), because people drive drunk and take lives. Why would we punish the general population for the actions of just a few individuals? The cost benefit analysis just doesn't add up.