PDA

View Full Version : Anyone order from ableammo.com?

Carbuncle
07-30-2012, 5:07 PM
Like the topic says, has anyone ordered from ableammo.com before?
I've been trying to hunt down a specific SA revolver and they have it listed as in stock, but before I go bugging my local FFL to fax them their license and charging stuff to my card I just want to be sure they aren't the type that only updates their website's listed stock once in a blue moon and aren't going to rip me off or charge me the $550~ for the firearm only to force me to wait the 6~ months till there is another production run.

Sorry if this should have gone somewhere else, just seemed like the most appropriate section for it.

immaculate
07-30-2012, 11:54 PM
I signed up for in-stock notification via email on a 21" Benelli M2 Field on ableammo a year or so ago and when I received the email, I called to confirm availability and then placed my order online. They got my FFL's info and shipped the shotgun within 2 days. Thumbs up from me.

GUNNTZ
07-31-2012, 8:28 AM
Ive made non gun related purchases from the and all has gone well. i would call them to verify before any purchase. is the gun on the roster because they may not ship it due to that.

Carbuncle
07-31-2012, 12:06 PM
It falls under the single-action revolver exemption, so hopefully there shouldn't be an issue. Least I hope there wont be, because I really don't want to wait the 6+/-months my local FFL and Uberti are quoting if I don't have to.
So since, according to you two, I don't have to worry about getting out and out ripped off by them. I'll try getting into contact with them later today to see if it really is in stock.

Carbuncle
08-02-2012, 3:28 PM
Well, placed my order today with Roger from Roger's Relics acting as my local FFL.
Now all I can do is wait for them to process my order of the Uberti conversion of the 1858 New Army and hope they don't sell the only one they had in stock before then.

spetsnaz
08-02-2012, 4:08 PM
ive ordered some cleaning products from them before now i just use amazon or midwayusa

rp55
08-03-2012, 10:47 AM
I ordered an "in stock" Uberti SA from Able Ammo last November.

I received an email stating that it was not in stock and gave me the option to back order it which I did.

It arrived at my FFL Wednesday.

Carbuncle
08-03-2012, 2:59 PM
Well, I've been charged and my order is listed as "preparing to ship".