PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question on Ammo

Derangerous
07-30-2012, 4:29 PM
Does anyone in Citrus Heights know If its legal to sell reloaded ammo in a business sense. Obviously wouldnt be a huge operation. Since most people dont trust others reloads. ANYWAYS I got an FFL and a Special business licenses already. I do some custom gun repairs from my own home. But I went down to the citrus heights department and they where not very helpful at all and UN-knowledgable about anything gun related. I have a special fire box out in back that has been installed correctly for storing my own personal gun power in. So.. the question is. Can I Sell ammo from my residence with my FFL and Special Business license? Or what else is required? Please help.

Mssr. Eleganté
07-30-2012, 4:49 PM
You need to be a Type 06 or Type 07 FFL to manufacture ammunition as a business.

Derangerous
07-30-2012, 5:39 PM
mkay so I need a higher FFL license. Whats that require for me? Meaning, what are the cost of an said 06FFL?

mydogsmonkey
07-30-2012, 6:27 PM
dont forget insurance

Mssr. Eleganté
07-30-2012, 9:28 PM
mkay so I need a higher FFL license. Whats that require for me? Meaning, what are the cost of an said 06FFL?

The BATFE fee for a Type 06 FFL is $30 for 3 years.

Technically, you are also supposed to register with the State Department under ITAR. The ITAR registration is $2250 per year. Some small manufacturers say that they've never registered under ITAR and haven't been busted yet.

As mentioned above, you'll also need liability insurance. I have no idea how much that costs.

BATFE will also want to see that you have permission from all State and local authorities to operate an ammunition manufacturing business at your location.

Derangerous
07-31-2012, 11:55 AM
Thank you all of the valuable knowledge. I find it funny though is that It wouldnt be no big operation or anything but either way we look at it still gonna cost you a pretty penny. So go big or go home it seems! HAhaa.. anyways thanks again