PDA

View Full Version : Dem lawmakers to announce bill limiting online ammo sales

vantec08
07-29-2012, 3:42 PM
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/240909-dem-lawmakers-to-unveil-bill-regulating-online-sale-of-ammo

"The lawmakers cite the recent movie massacre in Aurora, Colo. for spurring their bill" - - - -- which has exactly WHAT to do with it?

SanPedroShooter
07-29-2012, 3:44 PM
Yawn....

Lautenberg and McCarthy are two high profile advocates of gun control legislation, but they face an uphill struggle in Congress.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) said last week that he does not intend to bring gun control legislation to the floor and President Obama has been reluctant to press lawmakers to act on the issue in an election year

Arent they ashamed of doing this every time there is a tragedy? You would think people would see through it. Actually, I think they do....

taperxz
07-29-2012, 3:45 PM
Lautenberg and McCarthy are two high profile advocates of gun control legislation, but they face an uphill struggle in Congress.

This is a tad bit of an understatement.

mosinnagantm9130
07-29-2012, 3:45 PM
Good luck getting past the house. :seeya:

Ackrite
07-29-2012, 3:50 PM
Good luck getting past the house. :seeya:

Any the Senate. Harry Reid won't be having it either.

RMP91
07-29-2012, 3:52 PM

They need to accept the fact that they lost. Big time.

They aren't gonna recover from this.

Ackrite
07-29-2012, 4:03 PM
They need to accept the fact that they lost. Big time.

They aren't gonna recover from this.

Exactly. If anything, Lautenberg and McCarthy are just pandering to their constituents in their very safe-for-them districts.

Legasat
07-29-2012, 5:33 PM
Just politics, not going anywhere...

RMP91
07-29-2012, 5:51 PM
Just politics, not going anywhere...

Never say never... Remain vigilant.

Skidmark
07-29-2012, 5:52 PM

Harry's a good man.

What are these idiots Lautenberg and McCarthy peddling, such nonsense as "anonymous" online sales... every online purchase can be tracked to a credit card and an address. How is that anonymous?

SinglePoint
07-29-2012, 6:27 PM

I "2nd" that! Same people that would try to amend an unrelated bill with bogus gun control. And, if they catch us not looking it might sometime be successful. Vote them out!

dantodd
07-29-2012, 6:34 PM

I think Sisyphus had a. Easier task.

nicki
07-29-2012, 6:40 PM
The "Gun Control" issue was something that "Team Obama" and many other Democratic lawmakers wanted to stay under the radar till after the election.

Thanks to our biased MSM, gun rights issues are now out front and center.

Public opinion has been shifting our way consistently, the other side has given us their best shot to try to stir up public outrage and the public isn't swallowing what they are advocating.

What the public is doing is voting with their wallets by buying more guns and many people who were on the fence about CCW permits are now getting them.

The media nationwide will probably limit reporting of the Woolard case in Maryland although it might be news there.

6K rounds of ammo is not the real issue IMHO, what concerns me and probably most people is all the bombs he built and how he set traps and left his apartment ready to blow the whole building up.

Ironically had someone shot this guy dead, he wouldn't have told the police and someone could have entered his apartment and blown the building and everyone in it to kingdom come.

Nicki

kaligaran
07-29-2012, 6:43 PM
Come'on guys. Clearly this will make us safer!

It's not like you can go into walmart and buy this stuff...

:kest:

ICONIC
07-29-2012, 6:51 PM
It takes only one bullet to kill. Just because the Aurora shooter ordered 6,000 rounds doesn't mean anything. Shooters who compete go though that amount in less than a month.

Dutch3
07-29-2012, 7:07 PM
'Lautenberg and McCarthy, who will unveil their new proposal at New York’s City Hall say they intend to “make it harder for criminals to anonymously stockpile ammunition through the Internet.” '

Let's see...how did the authorities know the Colorado shooter purchased ammo on the Internet? Oh, right... he used his credit card and had it shipped to his residence.

In what reality does that equate to "anonymously"?

Drivedabizness
07-29-2012, 7:09 PM
Harry's a good man.

What are these idiots Lautenberg and McCarthy peddling, such nonsense as "anonymous" online sales... every online purchase can be tracked to a credit card and an address. How is that anonymous?

Harry is a disgrace. He's lucky tarring and feathering are no longer in vogue. His "pro gun" sympathies aside (since he lacks any scruples, it could so easily go the other way) the man is a complete waste of sperm. Period. Get it? Got it? Good!

Aegis
07-29-2012, 7:20 PM
More gun legislation from Democrats....shocking!:eek:

Skidmark
07-29-2012, 7:30 PM
Harry is a disgrace. He's lucky tarring and feathering are no longer in vogue. His "pro gun" sympathies aside (since he lacks any scruples, it could so easily go the other way) the man is a complete waste of sperm. Period. Get it? Got it? Good!

I'm sure there are other places for you to take your antipathy toward Harry Reid.
In this world, where he thwarts obscene gun-control legislation in the U.S. Senate,
he stands as our friend.

dustoff31
07-29-2012, 7:34 PM
I'm sure there are other places for you to take your antipathy toward Harry Reid.
In this world, where he thwarts obscene gun-control legislation in the U.S. Senate,
he stands as our friend.

Yeah, when he's not thwarting pro-gun legislation in the US Senate, i.e., National CCW reciprocity.

mag360
07-29-2012, 8:03 PM
Yeah, when he's not thwarting pro-gun legislation in the US Senate, i.e., National CCW reciprocity.

seriously. he is what kept it from a vote.

dantodd
07-29-2012, 8:06 PM

What is the value in national reciprocity getting a veto?

Intimid8tor
07-29-2012, 8:09 PM

This x 1,000,000.

We have to be careful or we could wake up going WTF. We have to assume every bill will get on the floor and be prepared to react as appropriate.

eeeeman
07-29-2012, 8:16 PM
http://www.infowars.com/establishment-media-circles-the-wagons-on-gun-control/

General
07-29-2012, 9:12 PM
There is no sense in waisting a good tragedy.
Let's put the TSA in all theaters.

Jason_2111
07-29-2012, 9:14 PM
Do you ever get Deja Vu?

Jason_2111
07-29-2012, 9:15 PM
Do you ever get Deja Vu?

Oh... wait...

SickofSoCal
07-29-2012, 9:40 PM

^ I 3rd it!

The time to rest on your laurels? NEVER!

dantodd
07-29-2012, 11:01 PM
how about a law that makes emergency doors all have alarms on them that go off until they are reset

What does that Have do with anything? (hint; doors from the theatre are not emergency exits, they are just exits.)

morfeeis
07-29-2012, 11:36 PM
What does that Have do with anything? (hint; doors from the theatre are not emergency exits, they are just exits.)
Calm down it was a joke

Left Coast Conservative
07-30-2012, 7:19 AM
Exactly. If anything, Lautenberg and McCarthy are just pandering to their constituents in their very safe-for-them districts.

Indeed, it is a PR stunt. They can propose it, and tell their constituents that they are "doing something to stop the violence". When it fails to go anywhere, they can blame the NRA. Then they can ask for a campaign contribution to help counter increasing NRA influence on politics.

SOP. Nothing to see here! Move along, move along.

Wherryj
07-30-2012, 7:40 AM
'Lautenberg and McCarthy, who will unveil their new proposal at New York’s City Hall say they intend to “make it harder for criminals to anonymously stockpile ammunition through the Internet.” '

Let's see...how did the authorities know the Colorado shooter purchased ammo on the Internet? Oh, right... he used his credit card and had it shipped to his residence.

In what reality does that equate to "anonymously"?

I strongly suspect that the purchases I've made a Midway are far more traceable than the purchases I've made at the local gun store. Credit cards keep records. Cash...not so much.

YubaRiver
07-30-2012, 8:00 AM

sarcasm follows-

How about millions of cameras mounted everywhere like is done is Great Briton?

Glock22Fan
07-30-2012, 9:19 AM

And so, presumably, you prefer Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi, Barbara Boxer, Diane Feinstein, etc, etc, etc,?

Capybara
07-30-2012, 9:20 AM
I truly, deeply HATE politicians, they are scum eating bottom feeders.

I read that the Aurora shooter got off 250 rounds, tops. So what difference does it make if he bought 300 rounds or 3 million rounds? Don't understand the logic, the "pitch" that they are making. I hope that they all get voted out.

Glock22Fan
07-30-2012, 9:21 AM

They are both.

missiondude
07-30-2012, 10:11 AM
What is the value in national reciprocity getting a veto?

Pretty tough to remain "under the radar" when you veto legislation. I would welcome a veto, it would be the signature where he was signing up for unemployment insurance...:43:

Untamed1972
07-30-2012, 10:12 AM
How would purchasing ammo in person at a gunstore with cash be any less anonymous then buying ammo over the internet with a credit card, supplying your address, and having to sign for it when it arrives? :rolleyes:

cdtx2001
07-30-2012, 10:15 AM
How would purchasing ammo in person at a gunstore with cash be any less anonymous then buying ammo over the internet with a credit card, supplying your address, and having to sign for it when it arrives? :rolleyes:

Don't ever confuse the issue with logic and reasoning!!!

They've got a good tragedy they don't want to waste and wish to use it well.

Legasat
07-30-2012, 10:23 AM

Always Vigilant. But I only worry about the things that are likely or even remotely likely to threaten us.

This particular bill at this particular time is NOT one of those things.

vantec08
07-30-2012, 10:58 AM

Right. I heard one "journalist" (cant recall which one) refer to the theatre shooter's "secret ammo stash."

Chameleon Loco
07-30-2012, 11:32 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/white-house-gives-cool-welcome-bill-restricting-online-182934423.html

I hope it does not pass and hopefully I am the first one to post this so it is not a dupe.

1BigPea
07-30-2012, 11:34 AM
Ugh...they just never stop with the BS.

Casual_Shooter
07-30-2012, 11:36 AM
Same thing here?

www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=601577

Chameleon Loco
07-30-2012, 11:36 AM
It seems like after one of their laws designed to make us "safer" does not pass they come up with another one to protect us from the people with guns.

EchoFourTango
07-30-2012, 11:41 AM
Sad

CSACANNONEER
07-30-2012, 11:46 AM
Oh no! Someone bought two 525 package of .22lr. We must report him.

Yugo
07-30-2012, 11:53 AM
last time ammo ban almost came into affect prices doubled.... do you guys see this happening again? Do you guys think it will pass this time?

the86d
07-30-2012, 11:54 AM
If they keep this up with all the trickery and BS commie-control stuff, someone is going to get a coup going!

This is ridiculous, over, and over, on the daily!

Let's ban stupid politicians that try to control every aspect of our lives, hold them accountable, then vote their pinko-backsides out!

Good thing that Obama and the other commies are the best firearm salespeople ever, we have more and more people on our side. I doubt it is enough to vote these bastages out though.

Yugo
07-30-2012, 11:58 AM
If they keep this up with all the trickery and BS commie-control stuff, someone is going to get a coup going!

This is ridiculous, over, and over, on the daily!

Let's ban stupid politicians that try to control every aspect of our lives, hold them accountable, then vote their pinko-backsides out!

I understand there are millions of gun owners and like minded people but a civil war, I doubt that will happen or that it would be successful because of the pu**ified population but maybe im wrong and am not giving us enough credit.

the86d
07-30-2012, 12:04 PM
I understand there are millions of gun owners and like minded people but a civil war, I doubt that will happen or that it would be successful because of the pu**ified population but maybe im wrong and am not giving us enough credit.

It would be a scary world...

Yugo
07-30-2012, 12:09 PM
It would be a scary world...

yes it would....if the only dictatorship country left looses control of its people sheeple.

these bastards make me sick!

MixedMotives
07-30-2012, 12:28 PM
what about primers and powder and bullets?
is time to start re-loading partys

Dantedamean
07-30-2012, 12:30 PM

Hell ya.

the86d
07-30-2012, 12:31 PM

I party like this by myself, about weekly... :)

No to mention this is soo phreakin' stupid! How many Internet-rounds are purchased yearly, and how many of those are used in crimes?

I'll bet doughnuts to raisins that most crime-relate-ammo is purchased locally, as it is a spur of the moment thing... wild-hair-<somewhere> mixed with w/drug-use for the most part.

This IS the same as "Let's ban guns" stuff.

BucDan
07-30-2012, 12:32 PM
Time to pick up a reloading set.

corrosively_armed
07-30-2012, 12:35 PM
The last ammo ban did pass and was signed. Fortunately a judge in Fresno overturned it. Had it not been for that we'da been screwed.

last time ammo ban almost came into affect prices doubled.... do you guys see this happening again? Do you guys think it will pass this time?

Untamed1972
07-30-2012, 12:36 PM
It requires anyone selling ammunition to be a licensed dealer.

It requires ammunition buyers who are not licensed dealers to present photo identification at the time of purchase, effectively banning the online or mail order purchase of ammo by regular civilians.

It requires licensed ammunition dealers to maintain records of the sale of ammunition.

It requires licensed ammunition dealers to report the sale of more than 1,000 rounds of ammunition to an unlicensed person within any five consecutive business days.

And such things will still do NOTHING to prevent any crime from ever occuring.

Must be a "licensed dealer" of what to sell ammo? Didn't know there was such a thing as licensed ammo dealer.

Who are these records being maintained for....who will be looking at them? Who will sales over 1000rds be reported to? So a person could still "amass a stock pile" by just buying ammo ever 6 days?

And most importantly.....the current position of this administration is "it's illegal to require ID to vote......but it's ok to require ID to exercise your other rights?"

Untamed1972
07-30-2012, 12:38 PM
The last ammo ban did pass and was signed. Fortunately a judge in Fresno overturned it. Had it not been for that we'da been screwed.

This ban is being proposed on the federal level though.....it would affect the entire country. Which is why it will prolly not go anywhere. This crap passes in CA cuz we dont have a strong enough pro-2A lobby/constiuency. That's not the case on the federal level though.

MixedMotives
07-30-2012, 12:44 PM
Im sure Midway usa and Cabela and Brownells alread got calls in to their Lobbyist

Yugo
07-30-2012, 12:46 PM
This ban is being proposed on the federal level though.....it would affect the entire country. Which is why it will prolly not go anywhere. This crap passes in CA cuz we dont have a strong enough pro-2A lobby/constiuency. That's not the case on the federal level though.

zMRrNY0pxfM

Norsemen308
07-30-2012, 12:50 PM
I love it... the encomony is in the ****ter and their aiming to take MORE jobs... AWESOME!

when the fawk did we stop electing REPRESENTATIVES to SPEAK OUT FOR THE voices of the people and start electing people to dictate the quality of our lives?

so over this crap

morfeeis
07-30-2012, 1:00 PM
It getting struck down was the only thing that kept me from getting into reloading.......

nicki
07-30-2012, 1:06 PM
1000 rounds of .223 weighs 28 pounds.

I don't think many people can lug around 168 pounds of ammo and if you put that ammo in magazines, the weight would be in excess of 170 pounds.

The 6K stockpile is nothing compared to all the bombs he had built.

As the media digs into this story more, it will become self evident that whatever laws we pass won't stop a determined mad man.

Based on the way the public is reacting(more gun sales), the position the public is taking is the government can't protect me and my family, so I better suck up and get the tools and training to protect myself.

We have a opportunity to educate John Public because John Public is looking at what options they have.

Nicki

DEVOREGUNNER
07-30-2012, 1:43 PM
WHAT! A photo id to buy ammo, but NO photo id to Vote. WTF!!!!!! Racists.

SilverTauron
07-30-2012, 1:59 PM
nicki, its not about crime. These bills were waiting in Chuck Schumers file drawer marked "USE IN CASE OF VIOLENT TRAGEDY". These clowns know if they tried to advance this mess last month they'd be pilloried , but now that some folks got murdered in Colorado the time is ripe to introduce some good old fashioned post-massacre gun control.

The strategy worked in the UK and Australia because there were no constitutional protections on gun rights, and the citizens were biased by their media structure to support a general gun ban. In the US today our Constitutional rights have been affirmed, and gun stores have lines from so many customers. This crap legislation will circle the toilet bowl where it belongs.

Hopalong
07-30-2012, 2:03 PM
What do expect from opportunist politicians?

Ripon83
07-30-2012, 2:07 PM
Don't be shocked to see some gun shops to support it. They'd love to force their customers into 20-50 rnd boxes at retail price.

ipser
07-30-2012, 2:36 PM
White House spokesman Josh Earnest said Monday that President Obama will "evaluate" a new bill that would ban online ammunition sales in the wake of the shooting massacre in Aurora, Colo. That left 12 dead and dozens more injured.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2012/jul/30/obama-will-evaluate-bill-ban-online-munition-sales/

Plisk
07-30-2012, 2:51 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/white-house-gives-cool-welcome-bill-restricting-online-182934423.html

Big surprise, the new laws are starting to funnel down.

dieselpower
07-30-2012, 2:53 PM
not new...

keenkeen
07-30-2012, 2:54 PM
not new...

And it will not pass...

Kyle1886
07-30-2012, 3:14 PM
Here more on the subject.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/30/obama-gun-laws-online-ammunition_n_1720122.html

Kyle

Ripon83
07-30-2012, 3:30 PM
I have faith the Republican congress will stop this - for now.

SilverTauron
07-30-2012, 3:56 PM
President Obama will "evaluate" a new bill that would ban online ammunition sales in the wake of the shooting massacre in Aurora, Colo. That left 12 dead and dozens more injured.

http://www.roadtrafficsigns.com/img/lg/K/No-Wake-Zone-Sign-K-7023.gif

wjc
07-30-2012, 4:10 PM
I have no faith in the government. I'd like to know for sure that this won't pass.

RP1911
07-30-2012, 4:37 PM
All Boehner has to do is table it by holding it in committee.

or turn the table and bring it to vote so there will an accounting of who voted how and to be used for or against at the upcoming elections.

vincewarde
07-30-2012, 5:22 PM
Harry's a good man.

Yes and no. His personal votes on gun issues have mostly been good. However, his support of hostile appointees to SCOTUS has the potential to do great damage to our cause.

1) It can be done - in exactly the same way possibly illegal contributions were funneled to Obama in 2008: Gift cards. Use a false name. Have it shipped somewhere (like a house where someone is at work all day) and hang out, waiting for the UPS truck. Sign with phony name. Done.

2) How is this different from walking into a store and buying a case of ammo with cash? Answer: It's a lot harder!

We need to check this bill carefully, I bet it includes some kind of restrictions on face to face sales to - or it will be added if the bill gains traction.

stitchnicklas
07-30-2012, 7:49 PM
just the massive amount of money lost would kill many online outlets

Skidmark
07-30-2012, 8:11 PM
just the massive amount of money lost would kill many online outlets

Local gunshops would certainly not cry over that.

RRangel
07-30-2012, 9:11 PM
Yes and no. His personal votes on gun issues have mostly been good. However, his support of hostile appointees to SCOTUS has the potential to do great damage to our cause.

1) It can be done - in exactly the same way possibly illegal contributions were funneled to Obama in 2008: Gift cards. Use a false name. Have it shipped somewhere (like a house where someone is at work all day) and hang out, waiting for the UPS truck. Sign with phony name. Done.

2) How is this different from walking into a store and buying a case of ammo with cash? Answer: It's a lot harder!

We need to check this bill carefully, I bet it includes some kind of restrictions on face to face sales to - or it will be added if the bill gains traction.

Via the culprits, the media is reporting (http://www.pagunblog.com/2012/07/30/ammunition-bill-details/) that only "dealers," will be allowed to sell ammunition. And that anything more than a 1000 round purchase is "reported."

It looks to be something that anti-gun cities like Los Angeles have passed but nationwide. There would be IDs and records kept for every purchase which looks like registration of buyers.

Rider1k
07-30-2012, 9:12 PM
time to order a **** ton

corrosively_armed
07-30-2012, 9:31 PM
270 bucks for 5000 rounds of 22 LR.

http://www.targetsportsusa.com/p-884-cci-standard-velocity-22-long-rifle-40-grain-lead-round-nose-ammunition.aspx

22 LR btw will be the currency of the future... just you wait.

ShooterMcFly
07-30-2012, 10:11 PM

Hopefully this provides some good case law.
-but-
Hopefully it doesn't have to be used.

nbdyfcnsqnc
07-30-2012, 10:12 PM
Harry's a good man.

I think he's one of the worst. If gun rights rest on him, it's only a calculation to stay in office so he can do other horrible things. It's interesting how they manipulate Americans to fight among ourselves, yet the net result is a gradual loss of rights.

eeeeman
07-30-2012, 10:52 PM
http://capwiz.com/gunowners/issues/alert/?alertid=61611571

advocatusdiaboli
07-31-2012, 6:18 AM
This is a bit off-topic but it concerns the justification for having over a 1,000 rounds in a caliber. Next time an anti-firearm relative or friend tells you that "no one has a need for 1,000 or more rounds at a time", ask them the following.

Ask them how many golf balls they had to hit to become proficient. How many times they had to use a clutch to become proficient. I'll bet it's more than that. Then remind them that CostCo is popular because bulk buying saves money. It's kept them speechless so far for me.

Cnynrat
07-31-2012, 6:32 AM
Hopefully this provides some good case law.
-but-
Hopefully it doesn't have to be used.

I afraid it won't. The previous law failed on the vagueness inherent in defining handgun ammo vs. long gun ammo. The proposed law avoids this issue by covering all ammo.

Skidmark
07-31-2012, 6:49 AM
270 bucks for 5000 rounds of 22 LR.

http://www.targetsportsusa.com/p-884-cci-standard-velocity-22-long-rifle-40-grain-lead-round-nose-ammunition.aspx

22 LR btw will be the currency of the future... just you wait.

Ammoez of most any kind will hold good value in desperate times.

CDFingers
07-31-2012, 6:55 AM
I agree with others that a) it won't pass the House and b) it is election year politicking,

CDFingers

Cowboy T
07-31-2012, 8:21 AM
Time to pick up a reloading set.

Yep. I've been advising people to do that for a few years now.

Mesa Tactical
07-31-2012, 8:46 AM
White House gives cool welcome to bill restricting online ammo sales (http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/white-house-gives-cool-welcome-bill-restricting-online-182934423.html?_esi=1)

President Barack Obama has called for a common sense response to the slaughter in Aurora. But the White House has played down his appetite for new legislation as opposed to tightening or toughening existing measures—such as background checks—to keep firearms out of the hands of criminals or the mentally ill. And the president has underlined his support for the Second Amendment to the Constitution.

"He believes in the second amendment of the constitution, in the right to bear arms," Earnest said again Monday. "But he also believes that we should take robust steps, within existing law, to ensure that guns don't fall in the hands of criminals or others who shouldn't have them.

tpc13
07-31-2012, 2:50 PM
Ya stupid politicians bleeding off Colorado shooting they (politicians) should be ashamed of themselves.

NorCal Mtn Flyer
07-31-2012, 3:21 PM
Harry's a good man.

I was wondering about the "anonymous" part of this... I am more anonymous if I buy from my LGS or WalMart! And then I don't pay shipping!
Just another attempt by Lautenberg to try to get his camel nose under the edge of the tent...

CBruce
07-31-2012, 3:41 PM
Arent they ashamed of doing this every time there is a tragedy? You would think people would see through it. Actually, I think they do....

I do. There's no logical connection between ordering bulk purchases of ammo from an online dealer and this particular shooting or any shooting, other rampage killing...certainly not terrorism.

Not a fan of when anyone, right or left, trots out the 'terrorism' pony to further their agenda. If you can't make a valid arguement for your case without resorting to 'but terrorists might do it!' then you're just a stupid person with a stupid agenda.

Lord help us! Terrorists! Must stop the terrorists! Terrorists might buy ammo online and do terrorist things with it!

Skidmark
07-31-2012, 4:10 PM
I was wondering about the "anonymous" part of this... I am more anonymous if I buy from my LGS or WalMart! And then I don't pay shipping!
Just another attempt by Lautenberg to try to get his camel nose under the edge of the tent...

It's not going to happen, you can bet on it. Even if such nonsense passed out of the House (unlikely) Reid would block it in the Senate.

True, LGS prices, while higher than online, do save us shipping charges. But - dam - the taxes! I need to make a drive to Oregon, soon...

Cylarz
07-31-2012, 7:20 PM
Another link to the story here: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/07/30/lautenberg-has-bill-to-end-online-ammo-sales-to-regular-americans/

What a great idea! Let's put the websites who sell ammo online, out of business and cause them to let all their employees go. Because unemployment is so low right now that firing a few thousand more people won't affect local economies at all, right?

Because the shooter only had 6,000 rounds, which a lot of people burn up in only a few months time, not to mention that he only got off around 250 of them, which means the other 5,750 of them didn't do him any good.

Because he bought all that ammo "anonymously," except he paid with a credit card under his own name and had the stuff delivered to his address...

I'm so sick and tired of incidents like this being exploited for political gain. Oh, it's going nowhere in Congress you say? Great. Meanwhile I'm wondering why legislation like this is being introduced in a country with a 2nd Amendment in the first place.

Cylarz
07-31-2012, 7:31 PM
Another link to the story here: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/07/30/lautenberg-has-bill-to-end-online-ammo-sales-to-regular-americans/

What a great idea! Let's put the websites who sell ammo online, out of business and cause them to let all their employees go. Because unemployment is so low right now that firing a few thousand more people won't affect local economies at all, right?

Because the shooter only had 6,000 rounds, which a lot of people burn up in only a few months time, not to mention that he only got off around 250 of them, which means the other 5,750 of them didn't do him any good.

Because he bought all that ammo "anonymously," except he paid with a credit card under his own name and had the stuff delivered to his address...

I'm so sick and tired of incidents like this being exploited for political gain. Oh, it's going nowhere in Congress you say? Great. Meanwhile I'm wondering why legislation like this is being introduced in a country with a 2nd Amendment in the first place.

Deadon
07-31-2012, 7:43 PM
Hahaha I bet ammo manufactures are licking their chops after hearing this! Time to order more ammo thanks dems.

Clownpuncher
07-31-2012, 8:31 PM
Sooooo glad I started reloading.

Lugiahua
07-31-2012, 9:11 PM
Sooooo glad I started reloading.

next they will claim reloaders are secret suppliers of "untraceable" ammo to criminals.

FalconLair
08-01-2012, 12:32 AM
feels like Ground Hog day sometimes around here :)