PDA

View Full Version : 2 more days!!

cbsdd00
07-30-2012, 10:24 AM
Until I go and pick up my Remington 597 heavy barrel. First thing I'll need is a scope, then I'll most likely buy the Volquartseen exact edge extractor and the target hammer after I shoot it a bit. Can't wait though.

shovelon
07-30-2012, 11:39 AM
Until I go and pick up my Remington 597 heavy barrel. First thing I'll need is a scope, then I'll most likely buy the Volquartseen exact edge extractor and the target hammer after I shoot it a bit. Can't wait though.
I know the feeling. You start modifying before you even have it while you are going mad waiting.;)

JackRydden224
07-30-2012, 11:43 AM
I know the feeling. You start modifying before you even have it while you are going mad waiting.;)

I contribute that to the 10 day waiting period. Many of us buy accessories and whatnot during the 10 day jail time. It really makes me wonder how much accessories people in free states buy :D

cbsdd00
07-30-2012, 12:49 PM
You guys have and recommendations for a good scope that costs under 150?

Izzy43
07-30-2012, 1:51 PM
You guys have and recommendations for a good scope that costs under 150?

Yes, but depends on the use of the rifle. Hunting or plinking or target work? Don't skimp on the scope, you will eventually be sorry. If its made in China, pass on it. They work for a while but then fail, sooner or later.

cbsdd00
07-30-2012, 8:09 PM
I'm gonna check out what bass pro has. I have a $25 gift card that I need to use there. I just going to use it to plink and maybe hunt rabbits.

The Right to Bear Arms
07-30-2012, 8:48 PM

I can sense the enthusiasm ! Congratulations !

Shoot Well,

XVIga_Rob
07-30-2012, 10:06 PM
Yes, but depends on the use of the rifle. Hunting or plinking or target work? Don't skimp on the scope, you will eventually be sorry. If its made in China, pass on it. They work for a while but then fail, sooner or later.

If you could bump your budget up, just a bit (BP gift cert). I'd recommend a Leupold, or a Redfield (owned by Leupold). Both are American made, quality glass, and lifetime warranty.