PDA

View Full Version : Email response from Sen.Dianne Feinstein

emptybottle151
07-30-2012, 10:15 AM
Sent a general email to our senators with the concern on the UN Arms Treaty and received a response from her office. So here it is.

Dear emptybottle151:

Thank you for writing to express your concerns about possible ratification of an international treaty aimed at stemming the proliferation of small arms and light weapons worldwide. I appreciate hearing your views on this issue and welcome the opportunity to respond.

I understand you have serious concerns about this proposed treaty. The purpose of the ongoing negotiations is to draft a legally binding treaty on the export, import, and international transfer on conventional weapons. It will not address the personal ownership of guns or gun owners' rights. The actual drafting of the treaty will take place in 2012.

Please know that I strongly support this process. According to Amnesty International, more than 500,000 people per year are killed with conventional arms, and almost 60% of documented human rights violations have involved the use of small arms and light weapons. Further, the Small Arms Survey estimates that there are more than 875 million firearms in the world today, roughly one firearm for every seven people worldwide. These numbers help to underscore the fact that a majority of the deaths in conflicts worldwide are small arms-related.

While we do not necessarily agree on this particular issue, please know that your views are important to me, and I will keep them in mind should the Senate discuss ratification of such a treaty.

Again, thank you for writing. I hope that you will continue to write on matters of importance to you. Should you have any further comments or questions, please feel free to contact my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 224-3841. Best regards.

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator

Capybara
07-30-2012, 10:23 AM
As Seinfeld said, "Yada, yada, yada."

acolytes
07-30-2012, 11:13 AM
Her reply wasn't a shocker.

tackdriver
07-30-2012, 11:37 AM
Did you respond and tell her that it doesn't matter what she wants? Her job is to reflect the view of those she represents.

cdtx2001
07-30-2012, 12:04 PM
Did you respond and tell her that it doesn't matter what she wants? Her job is to reflect the view of those she represents.

This fact has been lost on many career politicians long ago.

Dantedamean
07-30-2012, 12:56 PM
What I got from that " thanks for spewing your crap but I've already made up my mind and I don't give a damn what you sheep think. " ya. I hate that woman so much =.=

ccandgc
07-30-2012, 2:23 PM
I got the same response.

Untamed1972
07-30-2012, 2:28 PM
so does this mean she will immediately act to stop our gov't from selling anymore guns to Mexico?

jshoebot
07-30-2012, 2:34 PM
Tell her that the majority of small arms related deaths are perpetrated by governments, so the UN should ban governments from the use of said small arms.

echo6cavedog
07-30-2012, 2:34 PM
I got the same response too.

me109g4
07-30-2012, 4:22 PM
I would reccomend this be the reply to her,,

Tell her that the majority of small arms related deaths are perpetrated by governments, so the UN should ban governments from the use of said small arms.

wjc
07-30-2012, 5:34 PM
I got the same message.

...and you can't "reply" to her using the address from the letter. They only allow messages via the web form on her web page. I tried to reply just to see what would happen.

me109g4
07-30-2012, 5:44 PM
So you go to her website, cut and paste the original question, her answer, and your reply, takes a little effort but worth it just to needle her. I do it to Sen. Shaheen all the time,,,

GMG
07-30-2012, 6:04 PM
I've given up emailing her, shes such a C**T !

microwaveguy
07-30-2012, 6:06 PM
You really expected something else from Senator Feinstein ?

She will be trying to ban guns until her dying breath ..........Which will also be when she will stop being a Senator of California about 20+ years from now.

She won't change and we can't voter her out ............ :(

Fishslayer
07-31-2012, 10:06 AM

She does. She gets elected time after time by people who want free bread & circuses. She delivers.

tackdriver
07-31-2012, 12:00 PM
She does. She gets elected time after time by people who want free bread & circuses. She delivers.

Good point....sigh....

Root66
07-31-2012, 2:01 PM
The OP illustrates the futility of "writing your congressperson" when their policies on guns are well known and won't change.

TacticalPlinker
07-31-2012, 7:09 PM
When will people learn these responses are copy & paste? She does not care!

Kokopelli
07-31-2012, 7:47 PM
Somebody cue the "Call me senator" YouTube video.

FullAuto
07-31-2012, 8:02 PM
You actually think that was from FiendSteen? That email was sent by one of her hundreds of minions that probably make more than than most people I know. But Kudos to you for sending messages to these clowns. I used to call, write, and email every person in government from the local city level to the top but I stopped not too long ago, because nothing changes. You just get auto response messages like this that have absolutely no real legit personality or character behind them. What a sad government this is, and the saddest part is all the bums are paid by us.

ZirconJohn
07-31-2012, 8:03 PM
Heyyy... that Diane Frankenstein letter reminds me of Charlie Brown's teacher... Miss Offmoore... :laugh:

Hey, maybe Diane really likes you and thinks YOU are somebody special... :yes: :sarcasm: and maybe you could pound Feinstein's erasers... :rofl:

eUyLwXhqlWU

Gryff
07-31-2012, 9:13 PM
How do you know when Dianne is being a lying sack of ****?

Her lips move.

Manolito
07-31-2012, 10:04 PM
I think there may be a way to unseat her. The new law where the two top vote getters are on the ballot. If every Rep. and independant voted for her opponent we could unseat her I think. No republican is going to win anyway so why not put a different dem in the office?

erik_26
08-01-2012, 2:58 AM
One of the biggest problems I have with any representative is that they only represent themselves.

It isn't their personal opinion that should get the representation. It should be that of the majority.

Example1: Personally they hate basketballs. 75% of the people they represent like basketballs. Well they should work to keep basketballs around and available.

Example2: They love NASCAR. 90% of the people the represent despise it. Well unfortunately they need to put their passion aside for it and work on getting rid of it.

She doesn't do that. She only supports legislation that is inline with her personal opinions. Not all 30+ million California residents.

TacticalPlinker
08-01-2012, 11:18 AM
That's exactly the problem with 99.99% of politicians these day and has been for decades now here in California, and most of the rest of the Country.

It needs to stop.

"Non-Representing Representatives"

It frustrates me beyond belief. Make no mistake, the majority of the people in this state and our nation have ZERO say on these types of bills or any government policy/decision. We are ignored. These politicians don't give a flying s**t about what we have to say or what we think. They only do what they want, what fits their agendas and whatever support their bank accounts.

Lifeon2whls
08-01-2012, 11:27 AM
You really expected something else from Senator Feinstein ?

She will be trying to ban guns until her dying breath ..........Which will also be when she will stop being a Senator of California about 20+ years from now.

She won't change and we can't voter her out ............ :(

We should figure out a way all us CG'ers could set up "residency" in her district and vote her out.

CBruce
08-01-2012, 11:45 AM

Has she radically changed her views since being elected? If not, then I'd say she's staying the course with the majority of voting citizens. Ideally, she'd weigh her viewpoints against other viewpoints as well, even those technically in the sub-49% minority...but it would be unethical for an elected official to diverge from the stances that they expressed to get elected in the first place.

A single person cannot reflect the wide and often contrary views of every single citizen...which is why we have a representative government rather than a monarchy. It's not perfect, but it's the best system we've come up with so far.

Noonanda
08-01-2012, 2:59 PM
The Small Arms Survey estimates that there are more than 875 million firearms in the world today, roughly one firearm for every seven people worldwide.

well the question is, how do we are the other 6?

Waste of time, that rotten dried up hag doesnt care what you have to say, she is protecting you from you.