PDA

View Full Version : Bowing low to the People of the Gun

vantec08
07-30-2012, 7:15 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/news/washington/14037774-452/bowing-low-to-the-people-of-the-gun.html

"The People of the Gun win, once again."

yep . ... . as it should be

and for some balance . .. . . http://washingtonexaminer.com/bloomberg-becomes-a-laughingstock/article/2503446

surfguy
07-30-2012, 7:49 AM
If only "Assault rifles" were as easy to buy as buttered popcorn at the movies. The sun times article is full of fail. Mrs. Washington calls for elected leaders to do something like ban "assault rifles". I was under the impression that they were banned from regular citizens, long ago.

jonkull
07-30-2012, 7:49 AM
With the exception of Aurora all the shootings they list took place with handguns and shotguns. I'd like to know how they can get away with attributing them all to 'assault rifles'. Unfortunately I don't see a way to add comments.

Swatter911
07-30-2012, 7:56 AM
I'm astounded by what passes for journalism these days.

ewarmour
07-30-2012, 8:31 AM
Bow lower libskank. :43:

DannyInSoCal
07-30-2012, 8:34 AM
I left a comment for the naive delusional anti-gunner hack......

JackRydden224
07-30-2012, 8:57 AM
To those people all rifles are assault rifles. I bet you they think all missiles are nuclear missile. Nobody dare to say that if James Holmes wanted to he could have threw a bomb or two in there to kill more people. He definitely has the wits to do it.

Krak
07-30-2012, 10:36 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/news/washington/14037774-452/bowing-low-to-the-people-of-the-gun.html

"The People of the Gun win, once again."

yep . ... . as it should be

and for some balance . .. . . http://washingtonexaminer.com/bloomberg-becomes-a-laughingstock/article/2503446

If we really want to stop non-sense articles like these, we need to stop posting them. By giving this article views, we are helping this journalist keep her job and ensuring that she writes something else. If we stop giving the article views, she might stop writing about the subject and maybe even lose her job. Let's stop giving the anti's the attention they so desperately crave.

vantec08
07-30-2012, 12:00 PM
If we really want to stop non-sense articles like these, we need to stop posting them. By giving this article views, we are helping this journalist keep her job and ensuring that she writes something else. If we stop giving the article views, she might stop writing about the subject and maybe even lose her job. Let's stop giving the anti's the attention they so desperately crave.

Suit yourself. I prefer to post the s___ here to get countered, ridiculed, and lambasted.

bwiese
07-30-2012, 12:10 PM
Laura Washington is a noted antigun columnist.

She was complaining (in essence) a year or two ago that we gunnies were having too much fun - i.e, BBQs, fun social activities etc - while the antis sounded like shrill scorns. And if you've ever seen an antigun gathering, it's boring as hell.

Dreaded Claymore
07-30-2012, 12:20 PM

She was complaining (in essence) a year or two ago that we gunnies were having too much fun - i.e, BBQs, fun social activities etc - while the antis sounded like shrill scorns. And if you've ever seen an antigun gathering, it's boring as hell.

Was she saying that the anti-gun crowd needed to have more fun events if they wanted to win?

Gray Peterson
07-30-2012, 12:21 PM

Whining is all they have left.

oni.dori
07-30-2012, 12:31 PM
With the exception of Aurora all the shootings they list took place with handguns and shotguns. I'd like to know how they can get away with attributing them all to 'assault rifles'. Unfortunately I don't see a way to add comments.

Honestly, there really is no such thing as an "assault rifle", as any rifle can be used to assault someone. It is a made up term, loosely defined, based on arbitraryarbitrary features. I am so tired of seeing this term (along with the "weapons" variant of it), we REALLY need to stop using it.

Mr.Sandman
07-30-2012, 1:45 PM
Was she saying that the anti-gun crowd needed to have more fun events if they wanted to win?

Personally I hope they keep using fear and hatred to pursue their goals, their numbers will surely continue to decline :D