PDA

View Full Version : Water For Wildlife. EMERGENCY WATER PROJECT! YOUR HELP IS NEEDED 8/4/12

spectr17
07-30-2012, 12:01 AM
Water for Wildlife

EMERGENCY WATER PROJECT! YOUR HELP IS NEEDED THE WEEKEND OF 8/4/2012!

Society for the Conservation of Bighorn Sheep, needs help with this project.

On July 15th a flash flood hit our Big Gee drinker and we lost 1 tank, a satellite water monitor, our camera and it ripped out all the pipe. There had to be a 4 feet high wall of water come through and damage the drinker and tear out all the trees and brush. The big rocks in the upper canyon were washed away and the road in the lower canyon road is gone.

We need all the help we can get next week end to move rocks from the road to get the water trucks in, we also need to repair the 2” and 4”collection pipes at the rain mats and the dams and the 1”pipe to the drinker. If you have a truck that will carry a water tank and have next Saturday open we can sure use you. If you don’t have a truck come out anyway and help move rocks and repair the pipe.
We will meet at Camp Cady next Friday afternoon and load the trucks with water and tools to repair Big Gee. There is plenty of room in the bunk house and the new air conditioner works OK. We will cook Hamburgers and Brats for everyone Friday night and leave at 5:00 AM Saturday morning.
There is only 1 drinker and a 2 pools in Afton Canyon now to take care of all the sheep in the Cady’s so we need to get Big Gee repaired and full of water. If enough people show up we can have Big Gee repaired and working so the sheep and wildlife can once again drink water there. Thanks for your help in the past Gary. PS let me know if your coming so I will have enough food for everyone.

gary thomas
E-mail Address:
g.cranky@verizon.net
Personal Information:
Phone: 9512066410
Mobile: 9512066410

Spelunker
07-31-2012, 11:55 AM
I'll be going. Friday night after work.

G-forceJunkie
07-31-2012, 6:25 PM
Can you post the location of the area you mention? I, like many others, may not have a clue where this will take place and if we are close enough to help. I recognize Afton canyon, so I am assuming the general Barstow area?

Spelunker
08-02-2012, 2:32 PM
free party in the desert!!!!!!!!

Paper Boy
08-02-2012, 2:47 PM
Wish I could help but am leaving for OKC tonight... Good luck though

spectr17
08-02-2012, 5:33 PM
Can you post the location of the area you mention? I, like many others, may not have a clue where this will take place and if we are close enough to help. I recognize Afton canyon, so I am assuming the general Barstow area?

Most of these calls for help include a POC with them. Why not contact the POC since they are directly involved and can answer most of your questions? As far as where, it's mentioned in the post they are staying at Camp Cady near Barstow and working near Afton Canyon. Google is your friend. If you're after GPS coordinates for the guzzler, sorry, they usually don't give them out due to vandalism and idiots who camp on them and shoot their birds over them.

gary thomas
E-mail Address:
g.cranky@verizon.net
Personal Information:
Phone: 9512066410
Mobile: 9512066410