PDA

View Full Version : Proposed Sturgeon Reg change....

jmonte35
07-29-2012, 6:15 PM
If you guys haven't looked check it out....I like some things and don't like the others.....I really like that slot will be changed from 40"-60" but you measure from tip to fork of the tail. I think this will take a lot of question out of the measurement. Depending on how you lay the tail used to change length by a couple inches.

There are a few other key changes too....like you can't take grossly oversize fish out of the water. AND you CANNOT use a SNARE period.

The only part I really hate is Barbless hooks and you can only have 1 on the line. I don't really agree with that.

http://www.fgc.ca.gov/regulations/2012/5_80regs.pdf

taperxz
07-29-2012, 6:26 PM
I like the fact that you know so much about sturgeon (something i have never caught) and will be sharing some meat for me to try. :D

jmonte35
07-29-2012, 6:35 PM
I like the fact that you know so much about sturgeon (something i have never caught) and will be sharing some meat for me to try. :D

I still have a few packs of meat left.....I could always use a new place to hunt for a day............

winxp_man
07-29-2012, 9:16 PM
These ancient fish are wonderful to catch! My last season that I fished for them I got 3. This was back in 07. Now its 3 per season from when last read the DFG Reg.

bambklr
07-29-2012, 10:04 PM
As someone that has caught more sturgeon then I care to admit to, I have seen the fishery go down hill over the last 40 years so I think these new rules will help but it will also depend on enforcement and public education of fisher people to have an impact.
I would also like to see the money collected from report cards used for a hatchery program to help the fishery and maybe one day the regs could be relaxed a bit

taperxz
07-29-2012, 10:10 PM
I still have a few packs of meat left.....I could always use a new place to hunt for a day............

You bring up I'll cook it;).

winxp_man
07-29-2012, 10:11 PM
As someone that has caught more sturgeon then I care to admit to, I have seen the fishery go down hill over the last 40 years so I think these new rules will help but it will also depend on enforcement and public education of fisher people to have an impact.
I would also like to see the money collected from report cards used for a hatchery program to help the fishery and maybe one day the regs could be relaxed a bit

+ 100000 but we know that it will not happen! As broke as this state is its just gonna fund some other bull crap and make some A-hole richer!

Also all the reports of people being busted on illegal fishing well we know that person probably caught more then 3 per year limit..........

Ism415
07-30-2012, 3:41 PM
(3) (C) It is unlawful to use lamprey or any type of shrimp as bait.

Does this mean only for river fishing or for the bay as well..... wtf? I hate DFG

Paper Boy
07-30-2012, 3:48 PM
If you guys haven't looked check it out....I like some things and don't like the others.....I really like that slot will be changed from 40"-60" but you measure from tip to fork of the tail. I think this will take a lot of question out of the measurement. Depending on how you lay the tail used to change length by a couple inches.

There are a few other key changes too....like you can't take grossly oversize fish out of the water. AND you CANNOT use a SNARE period.

The only part I really hate is Barbless hooks and you can only have 1 on the line. I don't really agree with that.

http://www.fgc.ca.gov/regulations/2012/5_80regs.pdf

Looks like they are mimicking OR regs...
I limit out every year up there, how’s the CA fishing?

NytWolf
07-30-2012, 3:55 PM
Does this mean only for river fishing or for the bay as well..... wtf? I hate DFG

That (C) is a subsection to (1), which states:
(1) It is unlawful to fish for any sturgeon on the Sacramento River from Keswick Dam to the Highway 162 Bridge.

So that restriction is for that area only. It means since you're not supposed to fish for sturgeon in that area, you cannot use lamprey or shrimp within that area (for anything).