PDA

View Full Version : Time to Support Commissioner Dan Richards Again!

maidendeth13
07-29-2012, 5:23 PM
As some of you know Dan Richards, current president of the Fish and Game commission, is not liked by the environmental groups and has consistently stuck his neck out for us as hunters and fishermen.

At the next F&G commission meeting the commission will take a vote to remove him from the presidency. If this happens we're f*cked. The next commissioner, almost guaranteed, will stop at nothing to remove fishing and hunting opportunities from California.

Please take the time to e-mail your support for Richards to the F&G commission and let them know you do not support the recent changes made to the rules so that the commission can vote him out.

Even better, also attend the meeting if possible and speak to the commission personally at the meeting to voice your support.

Contact info

http://www.fgc.ca.gov/contact/

Here is the date and location of the meeting if you can make it.........August 8-9*, 2012
Wednesday-Thursday

Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach Hotel
450 E Harbor Blvd.
Ventura, CA

Here is the agenda for FGC Aug 8th meeting. Note 1st order of business. http://www.fgc.ca.gov/meetings/2012/080812agd.pdf

Here is the basis of changes to section 102 ..........The current regulations establish succession provisions to elect the President
and Vice President of the Commission. There were concerns raised about the
continuity of election of officers as outlined in regulations in Section 660, Title 14, CCR, at the Commissionís February 2, 2012 meeting. The Commission is proposing to repeal these regulations to be able to hold an official election of Commission officers. The proposed regulatory action will benefit the Commission with a more democratic process to elect its officers.

Thanks!

Manolito
07-29-2012, 6:00 PM
I sent a letter but I am not sure it will do any good.

Bill

maidendeth13
07-29-2012, 6:47 PM
I'm not sure either, but Richards has consistently supported us so I feel we should do the same...

maidendeth13
08-01-2012, 5:49 PM
Bump. The HSUS is getting sued and there are lawsuits against the MLPA, etc.

If Richards is removed as president he will still be on the commission. We need to show some support for him so he continues to support us.

C'mon guys. It doesn't take long to write a letter. Anything positive helps.

sixoclockhold
08-04-2012, 8:09 PM
Bump. The HSUS is getting sued and there are lawsuits against the MLPA, etc.

If Richards is removed as president he will still be on the commission. We need to show some support for him so he continues to support us.

C'mon guys. It doesn't take long to write a letter. Anything positive helps.

Commissioner Richards is the Real Deal. So, we both like model 66's and having a true sportsman on a commission that is called Fish and Game.

Dan has been a good personal friend of mine for over 25 years and I applaud you for your wisdom.