PDA

View Full Version : "No California Bidders"

Bruce
07-29-2012, 3:28 PM
We've all seen the "No California sales" on Gun Broker. They're posted by ill informed sellers who believe that if they don't sell to Californians, it somehow strikes a blow for the RKBA. But the title of this post was in the description of an auction whose seller, "bakopawn", is located in California. If it were for a non-listed handgun, it would be understandable, but the auction is for a Remington bolt action rifle.
It's bad enough the sellers in the other 49 screw with us, but California sellers too? :facepalm:

http://www.gunauction.com/buy/11219931/rifles-for-sale/bolt-action-rifle/remington-remington-mod.-600-.308-win--7e-7e-7eno-reserve-7e-7e-7e-7e

Merc1138
07-29-2012, 3:31 PM
Yes, they do it all the time. You can send them an email explaining their stupidity or just learn to ignore it. Think about all the times people post about something wrong they heard in a gun shop. Auction websites aren't any different.

Cpl. Haas
07-29-2012, 3:36 PM
If I had obscene ammounts of money, I've always wanted to list a very expensive firearm for a ludicrously low price, but add:

"NO OUT-OF-STATE BIDDERS!!! I DON'T KNOW WHAT KIND OF WEIRD GUN LAWS YOUR STATE MIGHT HAVE, AND I'M TOO BUSY TO DO 3 SECONDS OF ONLINE RESEARCH... CA ONLY!!!" :p

microwaveguy
07-29-2012, 3:47 PM
I tried to educate a CA Garand seller last year without success. He had a nice national match M1 Garand and only got $550.00. You just can't reason with stupid sometimes.