PDA

View Full Version : CCI Whisper ;-)

pennys dad
07-29-2012, 8:17 AM
Hey has anyone seen or used this ammo yet? I havent seen it on the Turners shelves and am wondering if it has any trouble cycling a rifle.

http://www.cci-ammunition.com/whatsnew/newproducts.aspx

GUNNTZ
07-29-2012, 8:42 AM
Most low capacity ammo will not cycle a semi or not reliably. They can be used, just be aware that some extra work is required.

Here's the disclaimer at the bottom of the page:

NOTE: These cartridges may be used in semi-automatic firearms, however manual
cycling of the action may be required.

secret.asian.man
07-29-2012, 9:16 AM
i have some, i also have the super colibri. the CCI Quiet is 210fps faster than the super colibri. i only use it in my 16" barrel bolt action rifle or my ruger LCR. it was recommended not to exceed an 18" barrel with this type of ammo.

bonesurf
07-29-2012, 9:46 AM
Won't cycle my 10/22 AR22 or gsg5.

pennys dad
07-29-2012, 6:49 PM
well, i think you all answered my question. thx

roushstage2
07-29-2012, 7:03 PM
How is everyone liking it? I have a box I bought a little while back, but can't find the time to get out and try it! Grrrr!

bonesurf
07-29-2012, 7:59 PM
How is everyone liking it? I have a box I bought a little while back, but can't find the time to get out and try it! Grrrr!

Well....if I didn't have to run my semi autos like bolt actions I would like it a lot more. Pretty accurate. Pretty eerily quiet. But racking my in between every shot w some snarled shells etc....annoying

secret.asian.man
07-29-2012, 8:42 PM

it's quiet enough to play in your backyard. just keep an eye on your surroundings, especially behind your target.

roushstage2
07-29-2012, 8:52 PM
Well....if I didn't have to run my semi autos like bolt actions I would like it a lot more. Pretty accurate. Pretty eerily quiet. But racking my in between every shot w some snarled shells etc....annoying
I prefer my bolt action anyways, so cycling (or lack of) isn't an issue. I bought 'em to have some quiet sniper :TFH: :p rounds.

Ogre8472
07-31-2012, 1:17 AM
Hey all,
These do not cycle my savage 64fxp. However, they do well for accuracy in my h001 and Mk II FV. Great for knocking out ground squirrels quietly :)

dougolupski
07-31-2012, 1:32 AM
I have cycled them through my Henry lever action. They're fun little buggers and cycle clean. My Walther p22 just laughs at me if i try to run tem through it.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

TMcC
07-31-2012, 9:13 AM
The 29 grain version (http://www.cci-ammunition.com/products/detail.aspx?use=1&loadNo=0038) wont cycle in a 10/22, neither will the Colibri. Have not tried these yet, looks like I'm going to need to add some. The info on the CB Long states that they will not cycle in a semiauto, these say they might require manually cycling. Thanks Pennys Dad , these do look interesting.

desertjosh
08-02-2012, 1:22 PM
Thanks for the thread, i was wondering about these as well. I currently use CB longs on my property during fire season so the neighbors wont be concerned with fires. (Yes I know lead doesnt spark, but I doubt my neighbors do). Anywho they work great, but are kinda dirty and wont cycle my 10/22.

dpop24
08-03-2012, 11:00 AM
I bought 10 boxes. They won't cycle my Colt M4 .22 but are pretty accurate out to about 50 yards. They make very little noise out of my rifle, but are pretty darn loud out of my single six - almost as loud as a regular velocity round from my rifle.

On my property, I shoot these from my rifle and regular Colibri's from my revolver. Sounds like a hand clap.

roushstage2
08-09-2012, 12:35 AM
Finally got to shoot some of this today. It was quiet out of the 10/22 and 795 and a bit quieter out of my XT-22. Sounded like a loud clap IMO when it was shot.