PDA

View Full Version : Wheres a good place to get Ammo boxes?

Sanderhawk
07-29-2012, 6:52 AM
I need a few of the 50 cal. boxes. I went to army navy and they want $16 a pc. for them and they looked pathetic. I know the gun show has them but once you pay admission they really aren`t that good of a price. Anyone know where to get them at a decent price? I`m Orange County. Any info would be great. Thanks

DisturbedAle
07-29-2012, 7:04 AM
In OC, I went to the Army Navy store in the Orange Circle and those looked great.

Vlad 11
07-29-2012, 12:08 PM
Costa mesa gunshow. Usually there are stacks for like 8-10 bucks

canative
07-29-2012, 12:14 PM
I got mine at a local surplus store and they were in pretty good condition. I got .30 cal cans for 11.99 each.

Intimid8tor
07-29-2012, 12:31 PM
Got my last 10 at the gun show. If you only want to buy one or two, then take your pick. You'll pay more. To get deals, pay the fee at the gunshow and buy extra. Ammo cans are like guns safes. Once you own them you will fill them up.

bsg
07-29-2012, 1:46 PM
i've seen good deals here on the Calguns forum in the marketplace; keep your eyes open.

i've gotten some very good deals on ammo cans at antique flea markets. the big Long Beach Antique Flea Market is fairly close to you. it's on the 3rd sunday of the month. some negotiating may be in order, as frequently the sellers don't know the value of the ammo cans, and overprice them. but most everything is negotiable out there, with feelings rarely getting hurt or rubbed the wrong way. even if you don't get the ammo cans... you will find something there that you just have to have.

Javi
07-29-2012, 1:47 PM
Should be a decent price at Ammo Bros Cerritos, no?

tpuig
07-29-2012, 1:58 PM
Major Surplus in Gardena has always been good to me...

mycrstuff
07-29-2012, 3:18 PM
The Costa Mesa show is the best place to get them. There is a guy in the center aisle of the west building that sells near new 3 packs for less than $20. Don't forget the 30 cal cans. They are great for good for a single trip to the range. One can for each caliber you are shooting so you don't have to lug around the bigger cans.

The other dealers at the show who sell cans are mostly over priced like the army navy store you went to.

Sanderhawk
07-29-2012, 3:56 PM
The Costa Mesa show is the best place to get them. There is a guy in the center aisle of the west building that sells near new 3 packs for less than $20. Don't forget the 30 cal cans. They are great for good for a single trip to the range. One can for each caliber you are shooting so you don't have to lug around the bigger cans.

The other dealers at the show who sell cans are mostly over priced like the army navy store you went to.

Good idea on the 30 cal boxes I`ll just pick some up from the next gun show then. Thanks for the info.

Cuda440
07-29-2012, 6:21 PM
The last 13 boxes I got were found in the middle of the desert....

Really, next to the canal in glamis- we were running along in the buggies when I saw a box and thought it might have tools or something, so I nailed the brakes. We ended up finding 12 linked .308 boxes (mixed ball and tracer), 3 carriers that lock 4 boxes together, and one rocket propelled flare box (that still had two good flares in it). The 308 boxes were all full of dirt and duct taped into pairs with chem-lights on them, and there were spent flares all over the area. It looked like they had been air dropped for some sort of training, judging by how old the duct tape looked it was probably a few months old.

I ended up with enough boxes to last a little while, at least ;)