PDA

View Full Version : OLYMPIC GOLD FOR KIM RHODES

edgerly779
07-29-2012, 6:52 AM
KIM RHODES JUST WON THE GOLD MEDAL IN THE OLYMPICS. SHE IS AN AWESOME SHOT. CONGRATULATIONS TO HER AND HER COACH.

AAShooter
07-29-2012, 6:54 AM
She rocked it.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics/london/shooting/story/2012-07-29/London-Olympics-Kim-Rhode-skeet-shooting/56572554/1

Suvorov
07-29-2012, 6:57 AM
AWESOME NEWS!!!

This is a young athlete that should have the attention of America!

CSACANNONEER
07-29-2012, 7:01 AM
AWESOME NEWS!!!

This is a young athlete that should have the attention of America!

She's not a "young athlete". She's a veteran Gold Medal Winner! That said, I do agree that it's great news!

Suvorov
07-29-2012, 7:18 AM
She's not a "young athlete". She's a veteran Gold Medal Winner! That said, I do agree that it's great news!

She is young compared to me ;)

CSACANNONEER
07-29-2012, 7:22 AM
She is young compared to me ;)

Agreed. She's also cuter than either of us!

sixoclockhold
07-29-2012, 8:28 AM
Congrats Kim, way to represent.

A Cali native too. Gotta love the whole girls and guns thing.

99 out of 100, that's some shooting !

BTW her last name is Rhode....no S, Also an Olympic Gold metal only contains 1.34% of actual gold, 92.5% is silver. How cheesy is that Olympic Committee?

Capybara
07-29-2012, 12:50 PM
So happy for Kim, what an amazing athlete she is. I hope that she, and our beloved shooting sports continue to get lots of positive coverage in the press. We need a hero like Kim to show that shooters can be the best of the best. Hope lots of young girls and boys find their inspiration from Kim's story.

Riksk
07-29-2012, 5:46 PM
Wow, just saw her interview on NBC. She seems so sweet. My wife said she is her favorite olympian just because of how nice and humble she seemed.

That is the kind of person we need advocating shooting sports in America. I can't see the anti's saying anything bad about her. We need to advocate her as the type of gun owner most of us are. Responsible, friendly, and all American.

I hope someone tells her how proud we are of her. Not just for being an amazing athlete, but also for representing us well as American gun enthusiasts.

Good for you Kim!

utvtactical
07-29-2012, 6:56 PM
Kim started shooting skeet the same year I did, she was 11 and I was 35. She would go out and shoot a hundred and spend some time hunting lizards. When it cam time to have a shoot-off, she would stop hunting for lizards and go out and beat most or all of the adults.

She is a true champion and it was amazing to watch her grow as an athlete. Too bad, the main stream media won't give her the credit she is due.

Her parents inspired her to be a champion and the SoCal skeet community was there to watch her every step of the way.

motorwerks
07-29-2012, 10:20 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=601449 :D