PDA

View Full Version : looking into going to gun show in fresno

Czsp-01-9mm
07-29-2012, 1:30 AM
well be wanting to go to a gun show for awhile but never get around to it been wanting to buy some reloaded ammo and give it a try, my question is the gun show is in fresno sept 15-16 at the fresno fair grounds and i was wondering if theres an entry fee? or parking fee? i know its a dumb question but i dont like surprises, and can any one suggest any good booths for reloaded ammo, lowest price best quality, ammo will be for plinking and paper shooting,

easy
07-30-2012, 5:39 PM
No parking fee. Door entry is $9.00 last time I went, good for Sat and Sun with a hand stamp.

Most gunshow commercial reloads shoot dirty. Lots of cleaning when range day is done.

Czsp-01-9mm
07-31-2012, 2:04 PM
Thank you, dont mind dirty ammo to much I clean after every range trip usually, but would you recommend any reloads that are any good? Keep hearing about bullet man911 dunno If it's at gun shows, but any better than others

xCaliChris
07-31-2012, 5:49 PM
I too am interested in some cheap reloads. Any quality .40 reloads?

G60
07-31-2012, 6:11 PM
Stay away from the bagged reloads...I'm sure more than one stand sells them, but try to visually inspect the rounds before you buy.

One of my friends bought some bagged 10mm reloads and there were several split cases in the bag of 50 he bought. bad, bad news.

I hear the LAX reloads are ok.

xCaliChris
07-31-2012, 7:08 PM
Stay away from the bagged reloads...I'm sure more than one stand sells them, but try to visually inspect the rounds before you buy.

One of my friends bought some bagged 10mm reloads and there were several split cases in the bag of 50 he bought. bad, bad news.

I hear the LAX reloads are ok.

I know practically nothing about reloads, but I have heard that LAX rounds were ok. Anything in particular to look for in good/bad reloads?

CaliforniaLiberal
07-31-2012, 7:41 PM
Miwall reloads are reliable and a good price. They'll be in Fresno in September.

http://www.miwallcorp.com/index.php?route=information/calendar

xCaliChris
07-31-2012, 7:46 PM
Muchos gracias

JohnGibson
07-31-2012, 10:18 PM
Ammo from Bulletman911 is good stuff. He is a member on here. Lots of people including myself have bought 1000's of rounds from him.

Czsp-01-9mm
07-31-2012, 10:25 PM
I have his number but haven't called him yet, keep hearing good stuff about him, wish his website was up and working

leocrrnz
07-31-2012, 10:38 PM
Ammo from Bulletman911 is good stuff. He is a member on here. Lots of people including myself have bought 1000's of rounds from him.

I agree bullet_man911 makes great stuff. I've bought a few thousand rounds from him and so far I haven't had any problems. He's also a great guy to do business with as he met me at a location that was more convenient for me.

JohnGibson
07-31-2012, 11:03 PM
I have his number but haven't called him yet, keep hearing good stuff about him, wish his website was up and working

No need for a website. He has a thread that list what ammo he offers and price or you can just call or e-mail and ask. From my experience you can trust him. I send him an e-mail that payment is sent and what I want and the next day or so he ships without even getting my payment. Maybe not as a fist customer but once you start doing business with him that's how fast he would ship. Shipping is also fast, Fedex 1-2 business day after.

Czsp-01-9mm
08-01-2012, 8:32 PM
Emailed him last night hasn't responded must be a busy guy

snook135
08-02-2012, 6:31 PM
Honestly guys if your shooting often you'll be surprised how much you can save by learning to reload. not too mention you can taylor each load to a specific firearm for better accuracy... Starting with 45acp is the best and for the low pressure. any thing besides straight walled pistol cases takes a bit more preparation.

Czsp-01-9mm
08-02-2012, 8:31 PM
I would love to reload I don't have the room or the money for the supply and press

JohnGibson
08-02-2012, 9:48 PM
He'll get back to you, he gets a lot of e-mails and phone calls every day and since you would be a new customer maybe he doesn't recongize your e-mail at first.

I thought about the reload as well. Then I thought about buying the setup and then the product to reload. Also I would need to have brass or buy one shot brass. Not sure how much time consuming this is but time is also money. For now I am good with reloads, maybe in the future if I keep on shooting the expensive stuff I'll think of reloading. I would actually like meet someone local that does reload and experience it first hand to see if it's worth it for me.