PDA

View Full Version : New to deer hunting

mfroniewski
07-28-2012, 4:51 PM
Like I said, I'm new to deer hunting. I hoping to find someone who would let me tag along with them and show me the ropes. I'm in Sacramento, and have a tag for D3-5. I'd be willing to drive or pitch in for gas. Archery or rifle is fine, though I think archery would be more fun. Let me know if you want to teach a new guy how it's done!

bug_eyedmonster
07-28-2012, 5:04 PM
Hello,

This is always a tough situation. I was in the same boat as you a few years ago, and I ended up just forking over for a guided hunt with a couple of friends who were also new. This way, you are learning from someone with a great deal of experience (assuming he's good) and knowing what to do on your own. I'd look into that in your area and go from there. Either way, good luck, and happy hunting.

Jerry

sharkmansam
07-28-2012, 5:23 PM
i have a tag pick a spot and i will go with you pm me

mfroniewski
07-29-2012, 10:07 AM
If I had the money to go on a guided hunt, but unfortunately, I find myself in that ubiquitous situation of having just graduated college, and not having a full-time job. :(

CSACANNONEER
07-29-2012, 10:13 AM
Years ago, I taught myself how to deer hunt. While not ideal, if you have to, just get out and watch deer whenever and wherever you can. Practise stalking them in parks, watch their movements and learn their language, etc. It only took me a year before I was able to fill a muzzleloading tag. After that, I filled two tags a year for the next 6 years. This was all on well hunted NF in A Zone.

mcmikeblues7
07-29-2012, 8:28 PM
Years ago, I taught myself how to deer hunt. While not ideal, if you have to, just get out and watch deer whenever and wherever you can. Practise stalking them in parks, watch their movements and learn their language, etc. It only took me a year before I was able to fill a muzzleloading tag. After that, I filled two tags a year for the next 6 years. This was all on well hunted NF in A Zone.

Listen to this guy!