PDA

View Full Version : Just Got an Invite from Leland Yee for Pancakes

Bruceisontarget
07-28-2012, 12:33 PM
This is funny. I just got a flyer from Senator Yee inviting me to a town hall meeting on Sunday, August 5 from 9 to 11 at the Beresford Recreation Center, 2720 Alameda de las Pulgas, San Mateo. Says "Join friends and neighbors for discussions about the State Budget, the current legislative session and issues of local importance." Also free pancake breakfast.
I think I may attend with my NRA hat and Ted Nugent T-shirt with his qoute "If guns cause crime, all mine must be defective." Anyone want a free breakfast?

P5Ret
07-28-2012, 12:44 PM
Wonder how much security for that will cost the state? There are sure to be metal detectors at the doors, along with a CHP security detail too.

CitaDeL
07-28-2012, 12:45 PM
No.

If one was to attend this, I would recommend business casual at minimum and crash the party with the intention of derailing the message that banning gun parts is reasonable. Perhaps with an inquiry as to what parts constitute a conversion kit displaying an assortment of loose gun parts that may or may not make a semi-auto rifle into an 'assault weapon'.

mag360
07-28-2012, 12:52 PM
I agree i would go dressed real nice for the occasion ans challenge the gun legislation on its merits. Id avoid the stereotype 'murrica type messages.

Bruceisontarget
07-28-2012, 12:53 PM
I think we should TEA Party his azz.

huntercf
07-28-2012, 1:29 PM
Go incognito and ask him in front of everyone why he proposed a bill that bans something that is already illegal, is he trying to make criminals out of law abiding citizens? Then ask him if that is a good use of the taxpayers' money. Then finish with "Shouldn't politicians know what they are talking about before they write bills?".

wash
07-28-2012, 1:33 PM
When someone says let's tea party him, I think that's as bad as saying: let's occupy breakfast!

Let's be politically active citizen voters and civil rights activists.

Tea party and occupy are both divisive movements that are not as powerful as a large group of single issue voters from across the political spectrum.

jj805
07-28-2012, 1:37 PM
If I were in your position, I would send an invitation to Brandon Combs, AKA Wildhawker.

haveyourmile
07-28-2012, 1:50 PM
I agree with some of the other posters who say go dressed business casual and not in an NRA hat and a gun tshirt. Present yourself well, have valid points to discuss if you have an opportunity but be calm, pleasant, and enjoy your free breakfast :D

Bruceisontarget
07-28-2012, 2:06 PM
When someone says let's tea party him, I think that's as bad as saying: let's occupy breakfast!

Tea party and occupy are both divisive movements that are not as powerful as a large group of single issue voters from across the political spectrum.

The Tea Party had an enormous impact on the 2010 election. Thanks to the Tea Party, the Republicans took back the House and stopped the steam roll politics that gave us OBAMATAX. You can call that divisive if you want... shrug.

BigFatGuy
07-28-2012, 2:15 PM
You mean Obamacare pissed off enough people that they gave The Republicans back The House and The Tea Part took credit for Obama's work.

As for the suggestions, I agree. Your best chance to be heard is to look like one of Yee's sheeple. THEN you can ask him a hard question about why he's doing what he's doing.

Bruceisontarget
07-28-2012, 2:24 PM
To RSVP or for more information call 650-340-8840.

donw
07-28-2012, 2:32 PM
carefully, politely and respectfully craft your question(s)...and keep in mind: most politicians/legislators do NOT like to be "Challenged".

i would attend just to see "What it's all about" (and the free b'fast...:D)

nicki
07-28-2012, 2:33 PM
Someone needs to ask him the following 2 part question and do it in such a way that Sen Yee thinks he is not dealing with a gun rights activists.

With the recent Supreme court rulings that the second amendment is an individual right for common arms, do you think it is wise for the state of California to be making any new guns laws while many gun laws that we have already are being challenged.

What if we have gun cases and the federal judge on the case decides that the California legislature is acting in defiance against the US Supreme court, we could have a situation where a Federal Judge could massively undo many of California's gun safety laws.

What do you say Sen Yee.

This is a question that is designed to hit him with an "Oh ****" moment, I just ****ed myself with my bullet button bill.;)

Nicki

taperxz
07-28-2012, 2:38 PM
Go incognito and ask him in front of everyone why he proposed a bill that bans something that is already illegal, is he trying to make criminals out of law abiding citizens? Then ask him if that is a good use of the taxpayers' money. Then finish with "Shouldn't politicians know what they are talking about before they write bills?".

Can you prove this the MM is illegal? I bet not.

wash
07-28-2012, 2:53 PM
Nicki, anti politician brains don't work that way.

If they screw up, their only concern is saving face.

They only respond to campaign managers and massive embarrassment.

Maybe we should ask him what he's doing to eliminate prostitution and human trafficking in his district.

If he has any answer, ask him if he has seen the effects on the streets.

FalconLair
07-28-2012, 3:01 PM
ask him what is he doing to get a handle on the shoplifting that is happening in the district and how does he think the shoplifters should be dealt with

Dreaded Claymore
07-28-2012, 3:02 PM
I agree with some of the other posters who say go dressed business casual and not in an NRA hat and a gun tshirt. Present yourself well, have valid points to discuss if you have an opportunity but be calm, pleasant, and enjoy your free breakfast :D

I agree.

wjc
07-28-2012, 3:09 PM
Nicki, anti politician brains don't work that way.

If they screw up, their only concern is saving face.

They only respond to campaign managers and massive embarrassment.

Maybe we should ask him what he's doing to eliminate prostitution and human trafficking in his district.

If he has any answer, ask him if he has seen the effects on the streets.

I saw what you did there.

:43:

Bruceisontarget
07-28-2012, 3:16 PM
OK fine. If I go, I will attend in nice attire and be polite and courteous.. The point of this thread is, we can do more than post our displeasure on CalGuns. How many other CalGunners live in Yee's district like me? Also, I don't think you have to be a constituent to attend... not sure. If we could get enough people to attend, ask him the hard questions, AND POST HIS RESPONSES ON YOUTUBE. I think it could have an enormous impact for California gun rights... No?

emptybottle151
07-28-2012, 3:18 PM
You better have a this on camera for youtube. :D But seriously dress like a professional and speak like a professional.

wjc
07-28-2012, 3:21 PM
You better have a this on camera for youtube. :D But seriously dress like a professional and speak like a professional.

...and don't shout "Wolverines!" in the middle of the town hall meeting. It makes the pro-gun types snicker.

:D

Sonic_mike
07-28-2012, 3:26 PM
Instead of a knife use this
http://images.outdoorpros.com/images/prod/6/Ring-s-Manufacturing-FSXD9102-rw-77161-92628.jpg
With this on it.
http://images.knifecenter.com/knifecenter/kbar/images/9900.jpg

cdtx2001
07-28-2012, 3:26 PM
DO NOT dress like a redneck gun owner. Dress up in something nice.

ojisan
07-28-2012, 3:52 PM

We all have seen sound-bite-style publicity-grabbing statements made by the antis using wrong and often purposely confusing terminolgy to get their message across to Joe Average.

The Antis certainly don't care about being 100% legal and correct in every way when they are sound-biting.

There is no reason we should not do the same.

I think the question might cause some after-breakfast indigestion to certain people so I am all for it.

choprzrul
07-28-2012, 4:26 PM
Give your invitation to Gene & then he can have Brandon as his date. They could then sit on opposite sides of Yee 'ol politician and out flank him with questions.

Kappy
07-28-2012, 6:23 PM
While I see the comedy in dressing up like a hillbilly and whooping it up... remember that you kind of represent all of us. I would ask some snarky, pointed questions. I'd love to hear why my rifles, even though I am a responsible and law abiding citizen... will be banned. How is my AR a danger to the rest of humanity? How is it more dangerous than him not paying attention to the road while he cruises for a**?

Bruceisontarget
07-28-2012, 6:38 PM
Give your invitation to Gene & then he can have Brandon as his date. They could then sit on opposite sides of Yee 'ol politician and out flank him with questions.

I'm fairly new to Calguns. So I really don't know who is who on this board. I'm really not sure it's worth my effort to attend this Town Hall meeting by myself. Likely, no matter how well dressed and polite I am, I will get the brush off. But If 10 or 20 showed up asking the right questions and filming every response, well, that would give the Senator a bit of discomfort I think.

taperxz
07-28-2012, 7:15 PM
I'm fairly new to Calguns. So I really don't know who is who on this board. I'm really not sure it's worth my effort to attend this Town Hall meeting by myself. Likely, no matter how well dressed and polite I am, I will get the brush off. But If 10 or 20 showed up asking the right questions and filming every response, well, that would give the Senator a bit of discomfort I think.

Let me know. I'm 5 minutes from Beresford.:D

taperxz
07-28-2012, 7:18 PM
We all have seen sound-bite-style publicity-grabbing statements made by the antis using wrong and often purposely confusing terminolgy to get their message across to Joe Average.

The Antis certainly don't care about being 100% legal and correct in every way when they are sound-biting.

There is no reason we should not do the same.

I think the question might cause some after-breakfast indigestion to certain people so I am all for it.

If Yee thinks the MM is currently legal and a law needs to be made to make it illegal, then i say it is currently legal!:D Not one inch on what i think is simply the perfect tool created for the job at hand, releasing the mag with a perfect tool,;)

haveyourmile
07-28-2012, 7:49 PM

Go on the off topic board and see if you can't get a few other members to go with you. I know we have quite a few bay area CGers. Gene Hoffman is the president of The Calguns Foundation, and Brandon Combs (wildhawker) is I think The Secretary of CGF. If it was in my area I'd go in a heartbeat (and I do love a free breakfast :))

Connor P Price
07-28-2012, 7:59 PM
ask him what is he doing to get a handle on the shoplifting that is happening in the district and how does he think the shoplifters should be dealt with

:rofl2:

adrenaline
07-28-2012, 8:15 PM
You better have a this on camera for youtube. :D But seriously dress like a professional and speak like a professional.^^ This....

:popcorn:

taperxz
07-28-2012, 8:21 PM
Im going dressed in camos and a cowboy hat with a dip in mouth, screw this bastard. He is my rep.

mosinnagantm9130
07-28-2012, 8:37 PM

Gene is hoffmang and brandon is wildhawker.

taperxz
07-28-2012, 8:42 PM
Gene is hoffmang and brandon is wildhawker.

For those that don't know. Ed Worley should be there also.

P5Ret
07-28-2012, 9:07 PM
Does anyone honestly think he will answer these questions? In years of dealing with politicians from city council members on up to U.S. Senators, they only will answer questions they have prepared answers for. He will dodge the questions or ignore them, or the all time favorite "contact my office, about this matter".

Changalang
07-28-2012, 9:23 PM
enjoy your poison pancakes :D

huntercf
07-28-2012, 9:36 PM

Sorry, my bad, it is illegal to use it in CA.

arsilva32
07-28-2012, 9:42 PM

this would be great if it worked out, leave him speechless looking like a fool

jj805
07-28-2012, 9:47 PM
Sorry, my bad, it is illegal to use it on a centerfire rifle with "evil" features in CA.

FIFY.

taperxz
07-28-2012, 10:19 PM
Sorry, my bad, it is illegal to use it in CA.

Since when is it illegal to use a tool to remove a magazine with a BB? There is no current case law that says the MM is illegal. Only advice from CGF that a DA could argue that it is.;)

wash
07-29-2012, 8:21 AM
Since when is it illegal to use a tool to remove a magazine with a BB? There is no current case law that says the MM is illegal. Only advice from CGF that a DA could argue that it is.;)
If you use your brain, you can see that a magnet attaches the tool to the rifle which is illegal, just like tying a bullet on a string to the trigger guard (on a featured centerfire bullet buttoned semi-automatic rifle).

When something is attached, it becomes part of the gun, so a mag-magnet becomes a mag release button that can be operated without a tool when it is placed on the bullet button of a featured semi-auto rifle.

Please do not continue to spread the fiction that the mag-magnet does not create an unregistered "assault weapon" when used that way.

wash
07-29-2012, 8:23 AM
enjoy your poison pancakes :D
Please don't say that, not even jokingly.

taperxz
07-29-2012, 8:29 AM
If you use your brain, you can see that a magnet attaches the tool to the rifle which is illegal, just like tying a bullet on a string to the trigger guard (on a featured centerfire bullet buttoned semi-automatic rifle).

When something is attached, it becomes part of the gun, so a mag-magnet becomes a mag release button that can be operated without a tool when it is placed on the bullet button of a featured semi-auto rifle.

Please do not continue to spread the fiction that the mag-magnet does not create an unregistered "assault weapon" when used that way.

This is where minds need to learn to expand^^^ Using a magnetic tool does not mean what you say! If my screw gun has a magnetic tip, does that mean the screw gun is now a part of the screw? Or, apart of the wall as i am using it?The problem here is that those not in the trades or mechanical fields have a problem with understanding what constitutes a tool. There are MANY tools that NEED to attach themselves temporarily for the job at hand. Your opinion on a tool is just that Your Opinion. I use tools everyday and can tell you that when i use a tool sometimes it is in constant contact with the job at hand for very long periods of time. YOU ARE WRONG in your TOOL interpretation.

General
07-29-2012, 8:35 AM
But I don't like Kool-Aid Pancakes.

taperxz
07-29-2012, 8:35 AM
Wash, the law reads "must be removed with the use of a tool" Where exactly does it say "except a magnetic tool"?

That "tool" can still be used and removed after every single removal of the magazine. Just as a bullet can still be fired after being used as a tool.

wash
07-29-2012, 9:40 AM
Re-read my post.

Anything attached to your gun becomes part of your gun.

This isn't a philosophical argument, it's a legal argument.

Use a mag-magnet illegally at your peril.

taperxz
07-29-2012, 9:56 AM
Re-read my post.

Anything attached to your gun becomes part of your gun.

This isn't a philosophical argument, it's a legal argument.

Use a mag-magnet illegally at your peril.

define attaching. What law says you can't attach something to your gun? Are we talking permanence, temporary, incidental? What about the magazine argument and permanence of a block? Why the do you need a rivet or epoxy to make a 10/30? You spout off your opinions but never seem to back it up with proof.

taperxz
07-29-2012, 10:00 AM
Wash, based on your analysis, if i strap on a holster, place a gun in it and snap it in,(all mechanically fastened) guess the firearm is no longer a firearm but now a part of me? That would mean LE would have no reason to check my firearm for its condition since its no longer a firearm but a part of my person.

CitaDeL
07-29-2012, 10:26 AM
define attaching. What law says you can't attach something to your gun? Are we talking permanence, temporary, incidental? What about the magazine argument and permanence of a block? Why the do you need a rivet or epoxy to make a 10/30? You spout off your opinions but never seem to back it up with proof.

Define 'detatchable'... In reference to Yee, this is what we ought to be debating... as he seems to have the greatest difficulty in understanding that a magazine that is 'fixed' is not 'detatchable' without the use of a tool. Futher, the language of the bill does nothing to attempt to define new terms such as 'conversion kits', specifically listing and describing the parts that shall be included using this nomenclature.

Put your fight to Yee, not in a fruitless dispute over what already is, or isnt legal among 2A bretheren.

Meety Peety
07-29-2012, 10:33 AM
Eat your share of pancakes, then stand up and complain that the spoon made you fat.

taperxz
07-29-2012, 10:42 AM
Define 'detatchable'... In reference to Yee, this is what we ought to be debating... as he seems to have the greatest difficulty in understanding that a magazine that is 'fixed' is not 'detatchable' without the use of a tool. Futher, the language of the bill does nothing to attempt to define new terms such as 'conversion kits', specifically listing and describing the parts that shall be included using this nomenclature.

Put your fight to Yee, not in a fruitless dispute over what already is, or isnt legal among 2A bretheren.

My fight is towards Yee! 1: the MM is in fact a tool 2: those determining the MM as a felony button may not be familiar with what a tool really is. My opinion is spot on that the MM IS a tool, its NOT mechanically attached, and can be used and removed after each detachment of a magazine. Those who came up with the term "felony button" IMHO did not think this through for what it really is. Notwithstanding, i never said that a DA would lose this case in court. However, using my knowledge of tools in every other aspect of life would tell you that this is simply a perfect tool for the job.

If Yee wants to make something like the MM illegal he needs to say what it is exactly and simply imply that the MM would be an illegal tool to use with a BB. If he does not and the legislature doesn't allow for making it illegal then it is then legal by default as a tool. IMHO

wash
07-29-2012, 10:42 AM
Quick question: do you think a quick detach VFG on a handgun makes it an AOW?

It's easy to remove...

The answer is yes, attached is attached regardless of how permanent it is.

Detachable means something that can be removed without the use of tools.

If something is attached it becomes part of the firearm. Once you attach a mag-magnet, you no longer need a tool to detach the magazine.

The fact that it only attaches through magnetic force is irrelevant. Attached is attached.

Jack L
07-29-2012, 10:44 AM
I heard that Leland Yee will be introducing a bill that pancakes have to be transported in a locked container with no syrup on them. Also, no cakes larger than 4 1/2” x 1/2” will be allowed unless you are a LEO.

taperxz
07-29-2012, 10:46 AM
Quick question: do you think a quick detach VFG on a handgun makes it an AOW?

It's easy to remove...

The answer is yes, attached is attached regardless of how permanent it is.

Detachable means something that can be removed without the use of tools.

If something is attached it becomes part of the firearm. Once you attach a mag-magnet, you no longer need a tool to detach the magazine.

The fact that it only attaches through magnetic force is irrelevant. Attached is attached.

Thank you for showing your ignorance in regards to tools. So, answer my question, If you mechanically attach a firearm to your side, is it now a part of you or are you carrying a firearm?

wash
07-29-2012, 10:52 AM
Oh, how about this IQ test, the Bill you quoted in your signature probably coined the term felony button (after I brought the mag-magnet booth to his attention at the cow palace gun show a while back).

The mag-magnet people were not the first to come up with the magnetic bullet button tool idea, they were just the first to run with a bad idea and market it in a very irresponsible way.

For some reason you want to encourage criminal behavior.

Stop it!

taperxz
07-29-2012, 10:55 AM
Oh, how about this IQ test, the Bill you quoted in your signature probably coined the term felony button (after I brought the mag-magnet booth to his attention at the cow palace gun show a while back).

The mag-magnet people were not the first to come up with the magnetic bullet button tool idea, they were just the first to run with a bad idea and market it in a very irresponsible way.

Stop it!

No one is perfect. Like i said not everyone is well versed in tools. Why won't you answer my question? If you attach a firearm to your side mechanically are you carrying the firearm or is it mechanically attached to you thus making it a part of your person?

DannyInSoCal
07-29-2012, 10:56 AM

Until the OWS movement actually has a representative voted into Congress -

Stating they have the same influence or power is simply inaccurate.

That said - Confrontng Yee on the points mentioned IN PUBLIC ON VIDEO -

Is the best way to help these delusional anti-gunners to STFU....

taperxz
07-29-2012, 10:57 AM

Stop it!

Its opinions like this^^^ that stalls our gun rights progressions. What if the inventor of the BB took your advice if you said the same thing about the BB?:rolleyes: Where would we be today?

tpc13
07-29-2012, 10:58 AM
I second dress appropriate and be nice but and courteous in how u speak. The public is not going to be swayed by your questions or his answer it's about who is more articulate and the tone they have with the crowd. The best way is to have the effect of doubt in people's minds so as to create questions about Yees true agenda and motives. Good luck and you will prevail. Tee will be out of office soon I predict less than 2 years.

wash
07-29-2012, 10:58 AM
Well you seem to be ignorant of legal arguments.

Just because you're a tool and a gun is kind of attached to you when you are holding it doesn't make it legal to use an attached tool to remove a magazine from a featured semi-automatic centerfire bullet buttoned rifle.

taperxz
07-29-2012, 11:00 AM

Just because you're a tool and a gun is kind of attached to you when you are holding it doesn't make it legal to use an attached tool to remove a magazine from a featured semi-automatic centerfire bullet buttoned rifle.

And your case law link is where?

Connor P Price
07-29-2012, 11:01 AM
Thank you for showing your ignorance in regards to tools. So, answer my question, If you mechanically attach a firearm to your side, is it now a part of you or are you carrying a firearm?

Your analogy here doesn't hold water. Attaching something to a firearm is regularly understood to modify the legal status of that firearm. Attach a flash hider to your featureless rifle, you have an AW; attach a stock to your pistol, you have an SBR; attach a mag-magnet to your BB'd rifle and you can now drop mags with your finger... you've got an AW.

Attaching something to a persons hip does not have the same effect in any legal sense. It does not somehow change the person.

wash
07-29-2012, 11:06 AM
Why can't the mag-magnet people find a lawyer to say that it's legal to use on an unregistered featured centerfire semi-automatic rifle?

The answer is because any lawyer who can read the penal code and previous legal decisions knows that it is not legal to use that way.

The mag-magnet people are very happy to tell you that they include a letter from their lawyer establishing the legality of the mag-magnet but the letter pretty much says it's legal to sell and own, it doesn't mention use on unregistered featured semi-automatic centerfire rifles.

taperxz
07-29-2012, 11:08 AM
Your analogy here doesn't hold water. Attaching something to a firearm is regularly understood to modify the legal status of that firearm. Attach a flash hider to your featureless rifle, you have an AW; attach a stock to your pistol, you have an SBR; attach a mag-magnet to your BB'd rifle and you can now drop mags with your finger... you've got an AW.

Attaching something to a persons hip does not have the same effect in any legal sense. It does not somehow change the person.

REALLY? Have we not been telling the CA government that a semi auto is not an AW? Have we not been telling the government that looks does not change the ability of the firearm to shoot a bullet? Are you also saying that a person carrying a firearm does not have the inherent ability to protect themselves as opposed to someone not carrying? I always though someone carrying IS a game changer in their abilities to preserve life as opposed to those who do not carry. It does change the persons ability!

wash
07-29-2012, 11:12 AM
Ok Matlock.

taperxz
07-29-2012, 11:12 AM
Why can't the mag-magnet people find a lawyer to say that it's legal to use on an unregistered featured centerfire semi-automatic rifle?

The answer is because any lawyer who can read the penal code and previous legal decisions knows that it is not legal to use that way.

The mag-magnet people are very happy to tell you that they include a letter from their lawyer establishing the legality of the mag-magnet but the letter pretty much says it's legal to sell and own, it doesn't mention use on unregistered featured semi-automatic centerfire rifles.

WHAT previous legal decisions in regards to the BB and or MM are you referring to? Is it the one acknowledging that a bullet is one of the acceptable tools for use on a BB? I think you are basing arguments on advice and not law.

taperxz
07-29-2012, 11:13 AM
Ok Matlock.

OK Leyland

Connor P Price
07-29-2012, 11:17 AM
REALLY? Have we not been telling the CA government that a semi auto is not an AW? Have we not been telling the government that looks does not change the ability of the firearm to shoot a bullet? Are you also saying that a person carrying a firearm does not have the inherent ability to protect themselves as opposed to someone not carrying? I always though someone carrying IS a game changer in their abilities to preserve life as opposed to those who do not carry. It does change the persons ability!

I can't tell if you're intentionally obfuscating or just missed the point, but you seem to only be responding to the portion of my post which you bolded rather than taking it as a whole. I was not in any way referring to ones ability to defend themselves.

Again, your argument takes a fatal misstep in logic by analogizing a firearm to a person. Attaching something to a firearm commonly changes the legal status of that firearm. The same is not true of a person, attachment is not the operative word but rather what one is concealing or carrying.

Experience in the use of tools does not in this case translate to experience in interpreting the way the law works in regards to tools.

taperxz
07-29-2012, 11:21 AM
Wash my whole point on all this is simple. Not One Inch! If we fight Yee to prove that this is in fact a tool, and its accepted as such, what do we have to lose? Wouldn't the next step be that the AW laws in CA are now moot since the perfect tool moots the current laws on BB equipped firearms?

Again, what ever happened to "not one inch?'

If i go to this breakfast, i will bring a plethora of stumping questions for the Senator!!

jj805
07-29-2012, 11:21 AM

I think Taperxz is arguing is how a magnet actually works. Magnetism is an attracting force, not a mechanical bond. If you display your child's A+ test to on your refrigerator door with a magnet, is that "attaching" the paper to your refrigerator? It is a technicality that I don't want to be the test case on, but he dose have a valid point.

taperxz
07-29-2012, 11:23 AM
I can't tell if you're intentionally obfuscating or just missed the point, but you seem to only be responding to the portion of my post which you bolded rather than taking it as a whole. I was not in any way referring to ones ability to defend themselves.

Again, your argument takes a fatal misstep in logic by analogizing a firearm to a person. Attaching something to a firearm commonly changes the legal status of that firearm. The same is not true of a person, attachment is not the operative word but rather what one is concealing or carrying.

Experience in the use of tools does not in this case translate to experience in interpreting the way the law works in regards to tools.

Again, what law limiting what type of tool for use on a BB are you talking about?

njineermike
07-29-2012, 11:23 AM
Bring in a bullet button and a mop. Ask him if he knows which is which.

taperxz
07-29-2012, 11:25 AM
I think Taperxz is arguing is how a magnet actually works. Magnetism is an attracting force, not a mechanical bond. If you display your child's A+ test to on your refrigerator door with a magnet, is that "attaching" the paper to your refrigerator? It is a technicality that I don't want to be the test case on, but he dose have a valid point.

I certainly agree with this! I wouldn't want anyone to be a test subject! Since Yee has decided to take the route he has though, We can certainly use his idea for our gain though.;)

Connor P Price
07-29-2012, 11:32 AM
[/B]

Again, what law limiting what type of tool for use on a BB are you talking about?

The law doesn't work in the way you seem to be suggesting it does. There is not a specific law at this time spelling out what type of tool can be used.

The law regulates detachable magazines. A magazine is detachable if it may be readily removed without the use of a tool. A tool is understood to be something separate from either the person using the firearm or the firearm itself.

In all cases I'm aware of when something is attached to a firearm it becomes an integral part of the firearm as far as the law is concerned. Think flash hiders, vertical foregrips, telescoping stocks etc. Once the mag-magnet is attached to the firearm it ceases to be a tool and becomes an integral part of the firearm in a legal sense, so removal of the magazine then requires only the persons finger and the firearm, no tool.

ETA: Your "not one inch" mentality is admirable, and I agree that Yee must be fought here. See Brandon's thread on a good way to do that, arguing that the mag-magnet is legal is a losing battle and not the right way to go about refusing to give an inch to the opposition.

Vlad 11
07-29-2012, 12:28 PM
I'm sure Senator Yee will have security and armed personnel present for protection at the same time he is denying the same rights for us common law abiding folk.

me109g4
07-29-2012, 2:34 PM
Stop bickering and get back to the task at hand, you have a chance here to pin this chump down in front of his constituents, I would suggest you bring some people who are capable of posing some real questions at him while being able to hold thier own. And i would suggest also you take this to PM and get rid of this thread,,,

CavTrooper
07-29-2012, 2:46 PM

Ooooh... personal attacks... I guess you win!

Wiz-of-Awd
07-29-2012, 2:49 PM
carefully, politely and respectfully craft your question(s)...and keep in mind: most politicians/legislators do NOT like to be "Challenged".

i would attend just to see "What it's all about" (and the free b'fast...:D)

Yes.

Your goal here is not to intimidate or coerce Yee into a debate perse, but rather to show the rest of the voting people along side you that there is another point of view. One that makes sense and is not from an extremist or gun nut.

Choose not to antagonize the enemy, but rather strengthen your own side with new allies.

A.W.D.

taperxz
07-29-2012, 3:05 PM
The law doesn't work in the way you seem to be suggesting it does. There is not a specific law at this time spelling out what type of tool can be used.

The law regulates detachable magazines. A magazine is detachable if it may be readily removed without the use of a tool. A tool is understood to be something separate from either the person using the firearm or the firearm itself.

In all cases I'm aware of when something is attached to a firearm it becomes an integral part of the firearm as far as the law is concerned. Think flash hiders, vertical foregrips, telescoping stocks etc. Once the mag-magnet is attached to the firearm it ceases to be a tool and becomes an integral part of the firearm in a legal sense, so removal of the magazine then requires only the persons finger and the firearm, no tool.

ETA: Your "not one inch" mentality is admirable, and I agree that Yee must be fought here. See Brandon's thread on a good way to do that, arguing that the mag-magnet is legal is a losing battle and not the right way to go about refusing to give an inch to the opposition.

What law is that? I would love to see some links not just apparent opinion.

The mag magnet tool is what facilitates the ability to use the finger. Are you suggesting that a bullet is not also used by your fingers when disengaging a BB. You do realize that the a bullet won't work unless you are touching it with your fingers don't you? And NO, i disagree with your assessment that the MM is a part of the rifle when with the simple use of two fingers it can be removed time after time after time to disengage the BB. There is no requirement to leave the MM on for it to work.

In fact the MM needs no tool at all for installation or removal, just the use of two fingers. That does not sound attached to the rifle in any permanent way to me. Just as a refrigerator magnet is not part of the refrigerator.

Wiz-of-Awd
07-29-2012, 3:30 PM
There are quite a few things attached to your car that I am sure you would consider to be "part of it."
I'm sure that your rear view mirror is considered by you to be a part of your car. At least up until the point the GOV decides rear view mirrors are illegal...

This mag magnet thing is a real good example of convenient definitions - on both sides.

A.W.D.

The mag magnet tool is what facilitates the ability to use the finger. Are you suggesting that a bullet is not also used by your fingers when disengaging a BB. You do realize that the a bullet won't work unless you are touching it with your fingers don't you? And NO, i disagree with your assessment that the MM is a part of the rifle when with the simple use of two fingers it can be removed time after time after time to disengage the BB. There is no requirement to leave the MM on for it to work.

In fact the MM needs no tool at all for installation or removal, just the use of two fingers. That does not sound attached to the rifle in any permanent way to me. Just as a refrigerator magnet is not part of the refrigerator.

taperxz
07-29-2012, 3:32 PM
There are quite a few things attached to your car that I am sure you would consider to be "part of it."

A.W.D.

They would be mechanically attached though.

liv4spd
07-29-2012, 3:41 PM

:iagree:

Wiz-of-Awd
07-29-2012, 4:07 PM
They would be mechanically attached though.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/mechanical

A.W.D.

Connor P Price
07-29-2012, 4:14 PM

Quoting the law is a pain from my phone but if you check out the AW flowchart you'll see a cite to the statute on the detachable mag portion. The rest is made clear by case law easily found on this site where DOJ admitted that the bullet button is legal so clearly a tool is acceptable.

The closest analogy we can draw to the detachable mag issue is the rest off the AW law. So tell me, if I make a flash hider that attaches to a barrel with a magnet rather than threads would you say that it doesn't trigger AW status? May I attach a VFG to my featureless AR's rail with a magnet? You see where I'm going with this. Again your refrigerator analogy doesn't hold water because there is no analogous body of law relating to refrigerators.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2

taperxz
07-29-2012, 4:24 PM
Quoting the law is a pain from my phone but if you check out the AW flowchart you'll see a cite to the statute on the detachable mag portion. The rest is made clear by case law easily found on this site where DOJ admitted that the bullet button is legal so clearly a tool is acceptable.

The closest analogy we can draw to the detachable mag issue is the rest off the AW law. So tell me, if I make a flash hider that attaches to a barrel with a magnet rather than threads would you say that it doesn't trigger AW status? May I attach a VFG to my featureless AR's rail with a magnet? You see where I'm going with this. Again your refrigerator analogy doesn't hold water because there is no analogous body of law relating to refrigerators.

Flow chart has nothing to do with the type of tool to use.

flash hider attached with a magnet? C'mon safety issue there don't you think? You're also making this stuff up, where the MM actually exists.

If the mag magnet is illegal, is a magnetic screwdriver illegal if you use it on a BB application? The only thing you can point to in question with this tool is that it is magnetic. What if i attach the MM to a part of the gun that is not the BB? What if i use and remove the magnetic tool after each use, never taking my hands off of it?

Sorry Connor, you are clearly tool challenged. As ive stated before, clamps. vise grips, magnetic screw drivers all do a certain job and attach to the job at hand. The only requirement to remove a detachable mag is with the use of a tool. The mag magnet people invented the perfect tool. It is still a tool by definition. It is not an accessory to a featured BB rifle. A MM can have many other uses, even a refrigerator magnet if one wishes to use it as that.

taperxz
07-29-2012, 4:31 PM
I sure hope the Senators office isn't reading all this information.:hide: He will know exactly how the pancake breakfast will be going for sure is they are reading this.

Wiz-of-Awd
07-29-2012, 4:33 PM

flash hider attached with a magnet? C'mon safety issue there don't you think? You're also making this stuff up, where the MM actually exists.

If the mag magnet is illegal...The mag magnet people invented the perfect tool...

...and they clearly state that it is no to use in CA to circumvent the BB.

You are arguing just to argue.

A.W.D.

taperxz
07-29-2012, 4:37 PM
...and they clearly state that it is no to use in CA to circumvent the BB.

You are arguing just to argue.

A.W.D.

WHO? States that?

jj805
07-29-2012, 4:42 PM

flash hider attached with a magnet? C'mon safety issue there don't you think?

If the mag magnet is illegal, is a magnetic screwdriver illegal if you use it on a BB application? The only thing you can point to in question with this tool is that it is magnetic. What if i attach the MM to a part of the gun that is not the BB? What if i use and remove the magnetic tool after each use, never taking my hands off of it?

Sorry Connor, you are clearly tool challenged. As ive stated before, clamps. vise grips, magnetic screw drivers all do a certain job and attach to the job at hand. The only requirement to remove a detachable mag is with the use of a tool. The mag magnet people invented the perfect tool. It is still a tool by definition. It is not an accessory to a featured BB rifle. A MM can have many other uses, even a refrigerator magnet if one wishes to use it as that.

The question is, what is magnitism? Is it an attaching force, a repeling force, or a so called "act of god"? Lets think about that a little deeper. Gravity is a force of nature. Could you concider it an attaching force if you lay your BB rifle on its side and set a CGN approved tool in the bullet button? It won't detach from the BB untill an outside force is applied. The same theroy applies to magnitism. It is a naturally occuring force. It is not a form of attachment.

American Heritage Dictionary:
mag·net·ism

Home > Library > Literature & Language > Dictionary
(măg'nĭ-tĭz'əm)
n.
1. The class of phenomena exhibited by a magnetic field.
2. The study of magnets and their effects.
3. The force exerted by a magnetic field.
4. Unusual power to attract, fascinate, or influence: the magnetism of money.
5. Animal magnetism.

http://www.answers.com/topic/magnetism

Thordo
07-29-2012, 5:32 PM
We got the same post card yesterday. My wife and I will try to make it.

Thordo

Wiz-of-Awd
07-29-2012, 7:45 PM
WHO? States that?

http://ar-magmagnet.com/i-8599449-1-mag-magnet-gen2.html

They do. Reading is fun.

"Mag Magnet Legal

For use in California, do not leave Mag Magnet on rifle at any time. Mag. Magnet is intended to be used as a magazine tool to comply with Title 11 California Code of Regulations Section 5469(a) and California Penal Code 12276.1. Leaving Mag. Magnet on firearm may designate it as an illegal assault weapon in violation of California law. The CA Dept. of Justice has not taken action on the Mag. Magnet.

Do not use Mag. Magnet in California on magazines with capacities greater than 10 rounds. It is advised that Mag. Magnet users become familiar with California DOJ requirements and updated interpretations of existing laws and regulations.

We shall not be held responsible in any way for the inappropriate use of the product by the user. User assumes all liabilities and risks associated with ownership and use of this product.

Product description is provided by the manufacturer, National Gun Supply makes no claims as to the Mag Magnets use or legality. Use of the Mag Magnet is at your own risk. The Mag Magnet should never be left on your gun, doing so may result in a less than favorable legal situation, if caught, you may be charged with a felony weapons charge."

A.W.D.

taperxz
07-29-2012, 8:02 PM

They do. Reading is fun.

"Mag Magnet Legal

For use in California, do not leave Mag Magnet on rifle at any time. Mag. Magnet is intended to be used as a magazine tool to comply with Title 11 California Code of Regulations Section 5469(a) and California Penal Code 12276.1. Leaving Mag. Magnet on firearm may designate it as an illegal assault weapon in violation of California law. The CA Dept. of Justice has not taken action on the Mag. Magnet.

Do not use Mag. Magnet in California on magazines with capacities greater than 10 rounds. It is advised that Mag. Magnet users become familiar with California DOJ requirements and updated interpretations of existing laws and regulations.

We shall not be held responsible in any way for the inappropriate use of the product by the user. User assumes all liabilities and risks associated with ownership and use of this product.

Product description is provided by the manufacturer, National Gun Supply makes no claims as to the Mag Magnets use or legality. Use of the Mag Magnet is at your own risk. The Mag Magnet should never be left on your gun, doing so may result in a less than favorable legal situation, if caught, you may be charged with a felony weapons charge."

A.W.D.

Stick around a while, you will soon learn a little about the law. Their own disclaimer is NOT an admission. There is simply no case law to say if it is legal or not. Don't jump to conclusions and believe everything you read as gospel. Their disclaimer is a CYA just like a pharmecutical company might state. THERE IS NO CASE LAW!!! Quit pretending like you KNOW!

taperxz
07-29-2012, 8:07 PM
Here is another bit of intel for you wiz of awd:rolleyes: CGF at this point in time can't verify the legal status of the mag magnet! Ask them yourself. They will advise that they won't represent as defense in the event of prosecution however. That doesn't mean the tool is illegal. Welcome to calguns. NO ONE ON THIS FORUM INCLUDING LAWYERS KNOWS IF THE MM IS LEGAL OR NOT UNDER CA STATE LAW? :D

CitaDeL
07-29-2012, 8:16 PM
I sure hope the Senators office isn't reading all this information.:hide: He will know exactly how the pancake breakfast will be going for sure is they are reading this.

Yeah. Two gunnies will be distracted by their peristant and contentious debate over the legality of the MM and it will be all pancakes and political softball. ;)

jj805
07-29-2012, 8:21 PM

They do. Reading is fun.

"Mag Magnet Legal

A.W.D.

They also say it is ok for rimfire, featureless, and RAW applications in CA. See the second paragraph.

http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p532/jeremyaj2001/Capture.png?t=1343621751

http://ar-magmagnet.com/i-8599449-1-...gnet-gen2.html

ssaction
07-29-2012, 8:32 PM
They also say it is ok for rimfire, featureless, and RAW applications in CA. See the second paragraph.

Yeah, and you don't need a Bullet Button for rimfire, featureless, or RAW. So why would you spend money on their product?

taperxz
07-29-2012, 8:40 PM
Yeah, and you don't need a Bullet Button for rimfire, featureless, or RAW. So why would you spend money on their product?

Because it has not been determined as illegal and worse case, those with BB rifles won't need to change out their system when traveling to a friendly state.

taperxz
07-29-2012, 8:46 PM
Pretty interesting how much effort is being put into 249 and yet everyone wants to prove to me how illegal the MM is. No on 249 is a group (headed by Brandon) trying to stop making the MM illegal. Wow how convoluted are we?

bohoki
07-29-2012, 8:57 PM
how about a law that makes emergency doors all have alarms on them that go off until they are reset

jj805
07-29-2012, 8:59 PM

I own one lower and one upper. I have a 5.56 BCG and a .22 BCG. I also have 5.56 and .22 Mags. Why do you think. ALL you have to do to convert to rimfire is change the BCG and the Mag. So, you think I should take the time to remove the BB and then install a standard release when I take my 7 year old daughter shooting? I think not. What I am doing is perfectly legal.

07-29-2012, 9:09 PM
:yawn:

Connor P Price
07-29-2012, 10:43 PM
Pretty interesting how much effort is being put into 249 and yet everyone wants to prove to me how illegal the MM is. No on 249 is a group (headed by Brandon) trying to stop making the MM illegal. Wow how convoluted are we?

You may find Jason Davis' legal analysis of SB249 an interesting read and it may clear up the confusion on exactly what SB249 does. (Hint: its nearly impossible to know.) You may quickly find that Jason's analysis, and thereby STOPSB249's reasons for opposing the bill differ greatly from what you suggest, "stop making the MM illegal."

http://stopsb249.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/sb249_analysis.pdf

Most notable in the legal analysis is Mr. Davis' discussion of the Mag-Magnet which in no uncertain terms suggests that its use in CA on a featured rifle constitutes illegal manufacture and possession of an AW. When you find yourself in disagreement with Jason Davis on a matter of California firearms law, it's usually because you're wrong.
Some companies have designed and sell magazine locking device accessories, such as the “Mag
Magnet,” that attach to “Bullet Buttons” and other magazine locking devices to render the “non-
detachable magazines” as “detachable” for lawful use. For example, such magazine locking
device accessories are designed for lawful use on firearms without the listed features. Proper
use, however, requires removal of listed features prior to installation of magazine locking device
accessory.
This type of magazine locking device accessory was recently featured in a CBS television
broadcast in which the news correspondent attached a “Mag Magnet” to a magazine locking
device without first removing the listed features from the firearm – thereby conceivably5
unlawfully manufacturing and possessing an unregistered “assault weapon.”

greasem0nkey86
07-29-2012, 11:52 PM
MY GOD! you guys need to take the bickering to OT, new thread, or PM.

Connor P Price
07-30-2012, 12:13 AM
MY GOD! you guys need to take the bickering to OT, new thread, or PM.

The legal issues surrounding Yee can't be separated from the bill that he has proposed or the items that his legislation may effect. OT seems an inappropriate area for discussion of matters of importance in most cases. I actually like taperxz, he's a great calgunner and a valuable poster so I don't view our disagreement as anything other than a healthy argument amongst fellow travellers.

Discussing legal issues is what makes us better than our opponents. Don't mistake a healthy discussion for bickering.

Hallucinosis
07-30-2012, 1:42 AM
Ted Nugent Shirt will send the wrong message. I'm pro gun, support the NRA, Calguns Foundation, and CRPA, but I've never been a fan of Ted Nugent and his public persona.

taperxz
07-30-2012, 7:14 AM
Connor, i know exactly what Jason Davis wrote. I still think his statement is wrong in context about the MM being part of a gun v tool.

More importantly, i also know exactly why Jason is worried about the language in the bill and everything that could be construed as a conversion kit. Talking about botched up non sensical bill!

I know the lawyers rarely come on here but, knowing Jason's back ground in the industry, i bet in a one on one he could actually understand and argue both points. The MM however is not worth litigating financially.

It still doesn't change my opinion of using it as a tool. Again, there is zero legal precedent on what a tool is or isnt and i would never advise any calgunner to use it. CGF would not defend the action.:)

The Wingnut
07-30-2012, 8:12 AM
Poor little guy, pancakes must be street for crack!

AfghanVetOrcutt
07-30-2012, 8:36 AM
Maybe I'll go dressed in my Class As (fancy uniform) I have sitting in my closet, although I do believe that is a no-no as I am out of the Army and didn't retire. I'm an ******* and would have no issue asking him the hard questions and ensuring I keep his attention and get answers. I also have a camera that can take video.

In reality, if you go and ask questions be sure to link the video here so we can all watch the look on his face when you ask him and he has NO idea how to respond. He's a useless tool. I would also like to meet Adam Kegwein (or whatever that douche's name is) and ask him why he follows Yee around like a little puppy dog.

mud99
07-30-2012, 9:03 AM
In case any of you didn't get an invite:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=161716&stc=1&d=1343667771

bwiese
07-30-2012, 9:08 AM
Connor, i know exactly what Jason Davis wrote. I still think his statement is wrong in context about the MM being part of a gun v tool.

If it sticks, it's part of the gun.

THe lack of constructive possession does mean that when something is actually part of the gun it's gonna be regarded as an AW.

When Jason Davis and a ton of other folks tell you you're wrong, you'd better rethink things.

Your money, your ***. Don't expect CGF to bail you out. Hell, (doubt it) but there may possibly even be tactical reasons to assist your prosecution to get clarity on other matters.

As for Yee's pancake dinner: dress up in tuxes and do the food fight scene from the Blues Brothers? If the individuals attending ONLY 'assault' each other with pancakes and decline to file charges against each other, I think at best it's disorderly conduct and perhaps an interesting case could be made for free speech expression ;-)

bwiese
07-30-2012, 9:11 AM
I notice Yee/Keigwin have scheduled this for early Sun morning.

Lots of people will be in church or sleeping in.

Meaning he'll pack the house with his shills.

We can mob this place with gunnies and get a free breakfast to boot!

There may be BACON, folks. And gun rights.

taperxz
07-30-2012, 9:30 AM
If it sticks, it's part of the gun.

THe lack of constructive possession does mean that when something is actually part of the gun it's gonna be regarded as an AW.

When Jason Davis and a ton of other folks tell you you're wrong, you'd better rethink things.

Your money, your ***. Don't expect CGF to bail you out. Hell, (doubt it) but there may possibly even be tactical reasons to assist your prosecution to get clarity on other matters.

As for Yee's pancake dinner: dress up in tuxes and do the food fight scene from the Blues Brothers? If the individuals attending ONLY 'assault' each other with pancakes and decline to file charges against each other, I think at best it's disorderly conduct and perhaps an interesting case could be made for free speech expression ;-)

We usually agree on most things:)

If science was brought into this (i know the MM is not worth it) It could still be proven to be considered a tool that is not part of the weapon. I have my scientific sources. (huge thing if this ever met a court room) Again i have only referred to this as "the perfect tool" maybe to perfect;)

I have already stated that being a test for this is totally unadvisable! HOWEVER! My point has always been, if Yee brings this stuff up, why not take the opposite stand.

Jason P
07-30-2012, 9:34 AM

The law does not tell you what you can do, it tells you what you can't do or specifies the way in which something must be done. No specification or prohibition means no precedent.

Flash hider = threaded
VFG = threaded or tension clamped into rail
Stock = bolted on
Bullet on string = Knotted, knife (tool) probably required for removal, thus attached

Mag Magnet = A tool, removable without the use of a tool.

The magnetic screwdriver seems to hold water as an analogy...

Jason P
07-30-2012, 9:42 AM
BTW, I would never use one of these, don't have the time or money to be the test case, but mechanically speaking, it's a tool.

taperxz
07-30-2012, 9:49 AM
BTW, I would never use one of these, don't have the time or money to be the test case, but mechanically speaking, it's a tool.

This is my opinion also. I know its not PC to disagree with a CGF board member, they are all great people!! However a tool is a tool. Jason Davis and his background may agree with me in one aspect. Jason Davis the lawyer, wants to protect me and more importantly, advance gun rights the proper way in California. (no i have not spoken to JD) This is :TFH: speculation.:D

CBruce
07-30-2012, 9:55 AM
This is funny. I just got a flyer from Senator Yee inviting me to a town hall meeting on Sunday, August 5 from 9 to 11 at the Beresford Recreation Center, 2720 Alameda de las Pulgas, San Mateo. Says "Join friends and neighbors for discussions about the State Budget, the current legislative session and issues of local importance." Also free pancake breakfast.
I think I may attend with my NRA hat and Ted Nugent T-shirt with his qoute "If guns cause crime, all mine must be defective." Anyone want a free breakfast?

I would really love to undersand why Yee and other people of a similiar mindest seeking to erradicate these 'assault weapons' have chosen to fixate on them? I can't find any statistic that points to them as being more dangerous or more often used than other types of weapons. In fact, they seem to be far less used than other firearms or even other non-gun weapons.

Why aren't they pushing for more laws to restrict handguns? Those are used much more often in crime and murder than all types of rifles. They're easier and cheaper to get, much easier to conceal and carry on your person, and more than capable of killing a human being. Despite having the extra hoops to jump through, the extra level of certification, the higher age restriction...they're still the weapon of choice for crime. Does this suggest we need more laws and restriction or does it suggest that laws and restrictions don't do much to curtail criminal activity?

BTW, maybe showing up in your "gun-nut uniform" is the best way to get yourself patently ignored if not outright barred from the premisis. Might think about what kind of statement you're really trying to make.

njineermike
07-30-2012, 9:59 AM
I would really love to undersand why Yee and other people of a similiar mindest seeking to erradicate these 'assault weapons' have chosen to fixate on them? I can't find any statistic that points to them as being more dangerous or more often used than other types of weapons. In fact, they seem to be far less used than other firearms or even other non-gun weapons.

Why aren't they pushing for more laws to restrict handguns? Those are used much more often in crime and murder than all types of rifles. They're easier and cheaper to get, much easier to conceal and carry on your person, and more than capable of killing a human being. Despite having the extra hoops to jump through, the extra level of certification, the higher age restriction...they're still the weapon of choice for crime. Does this suggest we need more laws and restriction or does it suggest that laws and restrictions don't do much to curtail criminal activity?

Maybe showing up in your "gun-nut" uniform is the best way to get yourself patently ignored if not outright barred from the premisis.

Maybe they aren't going after handguns right now because they don't have the public scare factor they need to get support as of yet.

bohoki
07-30-2012, 10:03 AM
They are both.

make them those one way turnstyle cages then

mud99
07-30-2012, 10:07 AM
I will be attending this event, I just called in my RSVP.

I will be wearing a business suit, do we have any pins or anything that we could use to identify ourselves in the crowd?

Should I wear an unfinished 80% lower as a necklace?

Wiz-of-Awd
07-30-2012, 10:07 AM
sarcasm follows-

How about millions of cameras mounted everywhere like is done is Great Briton?

Who says there aren't already? :)

A.W.D.

Jason P
07-30-2012, 10:11 AM
This is my opinion also. I know its not PC to disagree with a CGF board member, they are all great people!! However a tool is a tool. Jason Davis and his background may agree with me in one aspect. Jason Davis the lawyer, wants to protect me and more importantly, advance gun rights the proper way in California. (no i have not spoken to JD) This is :TFH: speculation.:D

I could care less about being PC. I like Bill and Brandon and everyone a great, and appreciate what they do. But I have a right to my opinion, and as a guy with many thousands of dollars worth of tools, I'm calling this one like I see it.

Still won't use one until someone else wins the test case:)

someR1
07-30-2012, 11:07 AM
ask him how much he paid those hookers down town

bwiese
07-30-2012, 12:26 PM
CA state Sen. Leland Yee, author of the SB249 bill that will redefine legality of a slough of gun & parts ownership
issues, will be holding a pancake breakfast Sunday, 9-11AM, Aug 5 2010, at San Mateo's Beresford Park.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=161716&stc=1&d=1343667771

Gunnies should be there if they can.

THIS IS A NEIGHBORHOOD AREA SO PLEASE DON'T UPSET LOCAL RESIDENTS. [They can't help
Leland Yee chose that location!]

Yee chose this location to act like he has community outreach but picked an hour when relatively few
will attend - folks will be sleeping in, at breakfast or at church. This means they don't have to buy
many pancakes or coffee.

This means gunnies can take over and plan "Occupy Yee" and be fed out of his funds, esp if they're
early in line.

IF YOU ARE A GOOD COOK AND GET IN AND VOLUNTEER AND CAN HELP DISPENSE THE FOOD QUICKLY
SO IT RUNS OUT QUICKLY, ALL THE BETTER. Feel free to pose as an antigunner to accomplish this.

IMPORTANT...

DON'T wear camoflauge or gun-Tshirts or politically incorrect stuff. DO BE decently and
casually dressed for a picnic. Your first goal is to GET IN and not be ejected!

If queried on entry, don't talk SB249, etc. at first. Statements such as (or variations on)
"I want to hear what my representative is working on..." can't be rejected otherwise
it shows this "meet the constituents" gathering is a sham.

If you live in Yee's district, great. If not, pick an appropriate N. Peninsula zipcode and
mailing address if queried.

[Leland Yee has supported an 'open government' bill and supported rights for LGBT folks that
you can - legitimately! - praise him on to get in.]

DON'T carry pocketknives, regardless of legality.

DON'T have any firearms/ammo in your car or yourself, regardless of having a carry permit:
ensure you and car "sterile" in case of any search, illegal or otherwise.

DON'T MAKE ANYTHING THAT CAN BE CONSTRUED AS A THREAT, but be politically aggressive.
DON'T BE STUPID - AVOID ANYTHING THAT CAN BE REMOTELY INTERPRETED AS RACIST/anti-Asian,
because they will play that card if they can, and that just skews good people away from our side.

If you see a gunnie that's gonna do something stupid like this, get him the F*** outta there.

Be NICE to any LEOs attending: they are most likely there not under their own volition but under
legislative courtesy request.

Get video, however, if they are using law enforcement restraint of political free speech. That means
they've crossed the line, and we may be able to play ball with that.

Please - let's NOT have "problems" in San Mateo, given it's a sitting target for other gunrights litgation ;-).

Do NOT assail other *visitors* (even if you think they're shills) for their viewpoints. They have right to
free expression, and we should support that.

As things progress, ENGAGE and monopolize staffer time -esp. his aide ADAM KEIGWIN.

There may be an opportunity to set up a "Suntan Oil Donation Basket" for the homeless. Bring a small bottle
of suntan oil, esp pocket/hotel-sized. [DON'T BRING A BIG BOTTLE, there could be misassumptions on
vandalism, etc.] Do not bring anything else (canned food, soaps, etc.) - suntan oil only is significant.

If you are ejected or prevented from attending because you have a small bottle of suntan oil, have a
compatriot get it on VIDEO. It's a good newsworthy item.

There will be activities focused on getting informational flyers of area massage parlors to which Leland can
be directed, so staffer Adam Keigwin will not have to fend for Leland whenever he's observed picking up
Capp St. hookers in SF - and can instead focus on his district's interests given he's paid $90+K by State of
California.

DO NOT LITTER. Help pick up any litter. Be NICE to attendees. SMILE.

Don't deviate from the above recipe.

Connor P Price
07-30-2012, 12:30 PM
Awesome. I only wish I was closer.

ptoguy2002
07-30-2012, 12:32 PM
You guys get to do all the cool events up north. I would be so in.

taperxz
07-30-2012, 12:45 PM
Is this where we continue to the debate from the other pancake thread? :dupe::troll::rofl2:

Good info!

Bruceisontarget
07-30-2012, 1:10 PM
Yeah, make sure not to wear any pro-gun attire. I hear Dr. Yee doesn't approve. LOL... while you get thrown out by big guys wearing Union tee shirts.

bwiese
07-30-2012, 1:10 PM
Let's keep this thread open.

If you are attending DO NOT PUBLICIZE IT here. Just show up and follow the rules.

taperxz
07-30-2012, 1:14 PM
Let's keep this thread open.

If you are attending DO NOT PUBLICIZE IT here. Just show up and follow the rules.

Isn't there an RSVP requirement?

wash
07-30-2012, 1:31 PM
That brings a whole new meaning to:

"How much for the little girl?"

The Blues Brothers quote.

Bruceisontarget
07-30-2012, 1:44 PM
Isn't there an RSVP requirement?

As I posted on the other thread. To RSVP or for more information call 650-340-8840.

WTSGDYBBR
07-30-2012, 1:49 PM
Would be nice to see a 500 people protest there wish I was closer .

cdtx2001
07-30-2012, 2:13 PM
I'm willing to bet it gets canceled before it happens if the word gets out that gunnies incognito are gonna show up.

Connor P Price
07-30-2012, 2:22 PM
I'm willing to bet it gets canceled before it happens if the word gets out that gunnies incognito are gonna show up.

That sounds like a victory of sorts.

CitaDeL
07-30-2012, 2:32 PM
There may be an opportunity to set up a "Suntan Oil Donation Basket" for the homeless. Bring a small bottle
of suntan oil, esp pocket/hotel-sized. [DON'T BRING A BIG BOTTLE, there could be misassumptions on
vandalism, etc.] Do not bring anything else (canned food, soaps, etc.) - suntan oil only is significant.

If you are ejected or prevented from attending because you have a small bottle of suntan oil, have a
compatriot get it on VIDEO. It's a good newsworthy item.

This part, I don't really understand- maybe there should be some clarification for outsiders.

That sounds like a victory of sorts.

Any over-reaction by the opposition is a win, however a cancellation based on alleged threats to civil discourse wont really gain much traction. I would be pleased if there were a repeat of the big 'non-event' wherein SFPD was put on alert for the rumor that Calgunners were going to be in attendance and disrupt an anti-gunner function- and never showed.

edwardm
07-30-2012, 2:51 PM
This part, I don't really understand- maybe there should be some clarification for outsiders.

Re suntan lotion. Yee was stopped in Hawaii some years ago, suspected of shoplifting a bottle of suntan lotion. Without going into the details (Google can do that for you), nothing came of it, but the circumstances looked pretty damning.

Personally, I think suntan lotion and condoms would be a good combo.

someR1
07-30-2012, 4:22 PM
place a bullet button and/or mag magnet on top of everyone's pancakes, just like little chocolate chip cookies ! :43:

GREASY357
07-30-2012, 4:49 PM
is he trying to make criminals out of law abiding citizens? Then ask him if that is a good use of the taxpayers' money. Then finish with "Shouldn't politicians know what they are talking about before they write bills?".

I agree ^

Bangzoom
07-30-2012, 4:51 PM

man i sure read that wrong at first

creekside
07-30-2012, 5:42 PM
Any over-reaction by the opposition is a win, however a cancellation based on alleged threats to civil discourse wont really gain much traction. I would be pleased if there were a repeat of the big 'non-event' wherein SFPD was put on alert for the rumor that Calgunners were going to be in attendance and disrupt an anti-gunner function- and never showed.

Creekside may or may not be going. He may or may not be taking photos of the type he took last time (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=321766). He shops at the Barnes and Noble just down the street.

Enough talking about myself in the third person, because I can't emphasize this point enough.

If you show up and act like an asshat, regardless of what political side you may think you are on, you are an enemy of both the 1st Amendment and the 2nd Amendment, as well as the rest of the Bill of Rights.

Be polite and respectful at all times. A sitting State Senator has every right to meet with his constituents, just as constituents have every right to meet with him and share their views.

If you're on our side, please follow the rules of engagement bwiese so kindly provided. Or keep your eyes open and your mouth shut. Or if you can't do these reasonable things, please don't show.

curtisfong
07-30-2012, 5:51 PM
If possible, you should say you are a democrat who believes that gun ownership is a civil right and that gun control is racist. If you go on and on about how evil Obama is and how wonderful the tea party is, you are wasting your breath.

curtisfong
07-30-2012, 5:53 PM

beyond stupid.

five.five-six
07-30-2012, 5:55 PM
The Tea Party had an enormous impact on the 2010 election. Thanks to the Tea Party, the Republicans took back the House and stopped the steam roll politics that gave us OBAMATAX. You can call that divisive if you want... shrug.

The only people that think the tea party is divisive are people that both watch AND believe what is spoon fed to them on MSNBC or ABC "news".

Zebra
07-30-2012, 6:56 PM
The only people that think the tea party is divisive are people that both watch AND believe what is spoon fed to them on MSNBC or ABC "news".

Please – stay away from this event.

greasem0nkey86
07-30-2012, 7:08 PM
The legal issues surrounding Yee can't be separated from the bill that he has proposed or the items that his legislation may effect. OT seems an inappropriate area for discussion of matters of importance in most cases. I actually like taperxz, he's a great calgunner and a valuable poster so I don't view our disagreement as anything other than a healthy argument amongst fellow travellers.

Discussing legal issues is what makes us better than our opponents. Don't mistake a healthy discussion for bickering.

Good point, my mistake, several posts seemed a bit aggressive.

taperxz
07-30-2012, 7:11 PM
Good point, my mistake, several posts seemed a bit aggressive.

I hear that a lot about me but in reality, perhaps its just my writing style. I sensed no hostility from anyone. Nor was i trying to dish it out. I am firm on my opinion on the MM though. Regardless of CGF disagreeing with me on this point.

five.five-six
07-30-2012, 7:52 PM
Please – stay away from this event.

LOL

UOC an AK47 with an empty 10/30 mag is how I roll and get me some free gubment pancakes

curtisfong
07-30-2012, 8:31 PM
This thread is full of reasons why CA is one huge gun control fail. Thank god for the SAF and smart people like Gene who actually understand how the world works.

Zebra
07-30-2012, 8:45 PM
Some people just have to live up to their stereotype and really expect getting somewhere that way.
LOL

UOC an AK47 with an empty 10/30 mag is how I roll and get me some free gubment pancakes

mud99
07-30-2012, 8:58 PM
For some reason nobody on calguns can figure out when someone is joking.

If you are joking please put <jk> around your post so that dense calgunners can understand you.

Bruceisontarget
07-30-2012, 9:04 PM
For some reason nobody on calguns can figure out when someone is joking.

If you are joking please put <jk> around your post so that dense calgunners can understand you.

I've noticed that. Seems some are a bit stodgy.

five.five-six
07-30-2012, 9:09 PM

Are inferring that employing the phrase "that's how I roll" is insufficient advertisement of levity?

ETA, I just noticed that the person in question quotes a pseudo intellectual stark raving lunatic in his sigline.... I am not entirely sure that a flashing neon sign would suffice in his case.

haveyourmile
07-30-2012, 9:32 PM
The third thing that comes up on Google when you search suntan lotion yee is this thread :rofl2:

creekside
08-01-2012, 7:47 PM
The third thing that comes up on Google when you search suntan lotion yee is this thread :rofl2:

If the good Senator is silly enough to amend his bill to include all OLLs, bullet buttons and mag kits, he'll need Two Million sunblock to avoid having a really bad day.

NSFW language
// Librarian

mud99
08-01-2012, 8:08 PM
I doubt he understands quite what he is getting himself into. Ignorant of gun laws, ignorant of the strength of gun owners.

Pancakes at dawn!

sharxbyte
08-01-2012, 9:16 PM

We should make it illegal!!! Oh wait...

Cali-Shooter
08-01-2012, 9:19 PM
If you get a chance to speak to Yee, be sure to speak Loud and Slowly, one word at a time, so that all his single digit numbers of brain cells can comprehend the message properly.

Zebra
08-01-2012, 9:30 PM
<yawn>
http://wstoollibrary.org/files/2011/09/Shovel-pic.jpg
Are inferring that employing the phrase "that's how I roll" is insufficient advertisement of levity?

ETA, I just noticed that the person in question quotes a pseudo intellectual stark raving lunatic in his sigline.... I am not entirely sure that a flashing neon sign would suffice in his case.

creekside
08-02-2012, 11:59 AM
If the good Senator is silly enough to amend his bill to include all OLLs, bullet buttons and mag kits, he'll need Two Million sunblock to avoid having a really bad day.

NSFW language
// Librarian

My bad, sorry. It's the clip from Terminator 2 in which Sarah Connor is explaining why ignoring her is a really bad idea. I failed to recognize the numerous F-bombs.

I guess I'm not going . . .

me109g4
08-02-2012, 2:23 PM

Gee, i think i suggested taking this whole thread to PM on the second page,, does a person need a specific post count before anyone pays attention?

creekside
08-02-2012, 5:54 PM
Gee, i think i suggested taking this whole thread to PM on the second page,, does a person need a specific post count before anyone pays attention?

"Charlie's got third base so screwed up no one can play it."

Wheels within wheels. The only certain thing in this world, sunscreen.

A secret message to the same Open Carry folks from the 501st Legion who helped us so much in the City is embedded in this video, work safe this time.

M403RsjXwRk

Just-in
08-02-2012, 11:14 PM
I hope people who attend do so in a respectful demeanor that doesn't shine a negative light on the 2A community. The report on CBS 5 was disturbing and makes us look bad with threats and racial slurs on his voice mail. Do we really need negative attention or to present ourselves as the law abiding intelligent citizens we are.

SocomM4
08-03-2012, 7:43 AM
Ask him if there is a connection between the USs' debt to china, and a Chinese American Senators efforts to disarm an entire coastal state.

Ask him if it's was planned in advance to allow the legal sale of bullet buttoned firearms, in the hopes of generating large tax revenue, and then ban the fixture that made them legal, and force them to be handed over.

CHIEFone
08-03-2012, 7:45 AM
Ask him if there is a connection between the USs' debt to china, and a Chinese American reps efforts to disarm an entire coastal state.

Ask him if it's was planned in advance to allow the legal sale of bullet buttoned firearms, in the hopes of generating large tax revenue, and then ban the fixture that made them legal, and force them to be handed over.

interesting points and thoughts...

Seeker
08-03-2012, 8:10 AM

^^THIS
Make him explain himself.

curtisfong
08-03-2012, 8:10 AM
interesting points and thoughts...

Disagree. Useless observations.

XD40SUBBIE
08-03-2012, 8:16 AM

I think so. When you find that magic number of posts, please let me know.:D

mud99
08-03-2012, 11:28 AM
I also hope people will be on their best behavior. It only takes a few to spoil breakfast.

One tactic I will suggest for those attending, assuming we get to ask him questions. Don't ask difficult/loaded questions at first. Get him to talk about SB249 in his own words, let him speak his dribble, and when he fumbles, then use those fumbles to hit him with hard facts.

That's assuming we get to ask questions. I kind of suspect that we won't even get the opportunity.

I hope people who attend do so in a respectful demeanor that doesn't shine a negative light on the 2A community. The report on CBS 5 was disturbing and makes us look bad with threats and racial slurs on his voice mail. Do we really need negative attention or to present ourselves as the law abiding intelligent citizens we are.

taperxz
08-03-2012, 11:41 AM
I think so. When you find that magic number of posts, please let me know.:D

It doesn't really matter. Yee is a politician. Every event he has, his opposition show up in what they think is a sneak attack. Perhaps he's baiting gunnies thinking thet will show up, do or say something stupid so he can get it on tape and show everyone. It works both ways.

Smokeybehr
08-03-2012, 12:25 PM
If possible, you should say you are a democrat who believes that gun ownership is a civil right and that gun control is racist. If you go on and on about how evil Obama is and how wonderful the tea party is, you are wasting your breath.

Don't forget Union Member. Pipe Hitter's Union, Local 1776. :D

No, seriously, tell them that you're CSEA or SEIU 1000. Tell them you work at a CSU or for DGS.

Kappy
08-03-2012, 6:38 PM
"Charlie's got third base so screwed up no one can play it."
M403RsjXwRkWhy does that sound so familiar?

bigdawg86
08-03-2012, 6:47 PM
Crap I give up on this thread... I kept reading then found out the breakfast isnt for another 2 days! Start a new thread when you go so I dont have to trudge through this.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-RBFk1xjAN2k/Ti1dNV7ebKI/AAAAAAAAZZ4/QRJQtSThH-g/s1600/tumblr_lore5zmEW71qbqt8go1_500.gif

jonzer77
08-05-2012, 12:51 PM
So who all went today?

adampolo13
08-05-2012, 1:02 PM
Any updates on how it went?

mud99
08-05-2012, 1:31 PM
I went at 9am sharp, waited an hour for yee and left.

Lots of police but I didn't see any calgunners

taperxz
08-05-2012, 1:33 PM
I went at 9am sharp, waited an hour for yee and left.

Lots of police but I didn't see any calgunners

Didn't you hear? All calgunners were in SMPD uniforms and on duty.

Are you saying Yee didn't show up?

adampolo13
08-05-2012, 1:36 PM
Why am I not surprised he didn't show up????....

jonzer77
08-05-2012, 1:48 PM
He was somewhere today.

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n268/jonzer77/TwitterHome.png

08-05-2012, 1:55 PM
What a pile of ***** didn't even show up to his own party

Librarian
08-05-2012, 2:10 PM
Why does that sound so familiar?

Deteriorata, I think - http://www.mendosa.com/fluke.html

Changalang
08-05-2012, 2:16 PM
Ask him if there is a connection between the USs' debt to china, and a Chinese American Senators efforts to disarm an entire coastal state.

this this this this this this
i made mention of this in another thread. what IS with all the chinese american politicians and their gun push? most asians love guns. im asian. ha

kf6tac
08-05-2012, 2:21 PM
So did anyone who went actually get a glimpse of Yee? Or is the photo that he and Kiegwin are posting a staged photo op? :-P

mille806
08-05-2012, 3:07 PM
I hope everyone in northern ca attends

AirShark
08-05-2012, 3:27 PM
Adam Keigwin reminds me of Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf during the Iraq war. He just seems to say/make up anything he likes and tells his mistruths with a smile on his face.

mud99
08-05-2012, 7:06 PM
Damn, I just realized I forgot my sunblock on the far end of the red table in the picture.

He was somewhere today.

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n268/jonzer77/TwitterHome.png

mud99
08-05-2012, 7:18 PM
Has anyone looked at Adam Keigwins Twitter?

https://twitter.com/akeigwin

This guy is a real piece of work.

jonzer77
08-05-2012, 7:19 PM

Yeah he reported me for spam for replying to his messages. I got it unlocked but now he has me blocked.

jonzer77
08-05-2012, 7:21 PM
Damn, I just realized I forgot my sunblock on the far end of the red table in the picture.

:rofl:

Did you have a chance to speak to him?

smirnus3000
08-05-2012, 8:34 PM
Wow is all that can be said about him. He seems to have a severe case of "I know you are but what am I". People like him should not be allowed to work with anyone in a public office, I think digging ditches would suit him much better. I would bet if someone tried to pass a law making twitter or Facebook illegal, he would then know how we all feel!!

Mendo223
08-06-2012, 1:36 PM
he didnt even show up to his own event?

DonFerrando
08-06-2012, 1:50 PM
Just wondering if we could get a brief summary of what went on from the people who went there. Or is "he didn't show up so I left" really all we got out of this?

mag360
08-06-2012, 1:53 PM
not sure what is going on. Adam anti gun nut Keigwin posts a picture of some event, whether it was the pancake breakfast or not is unknown, but what we do know is that a mud99 was there and stayed for an hour and Leland Yee had not showed up yet?

Dragon911
08-06-2012, 2:51 PM

After reading some of his responses... is he like, 13 years old?

curtisfong
08-06-2012, 2:55 PM
Remember, staffers are what control our politicians. Scary, isn't it?

mud99
08-06-2012, 3:56 PM
To be clear I was there from 9am to 10am, and the place was full of seniors getting a free gubament breakfast. I left my sunblock out on the table in the hopes that some other calgunners would join me, but nobody showed up.

The pancakes were terrible and tasted like rubber, and despite promises made by certain people earlier in the thread, no bacon was provided.

CHP had a booth there, as well as the DMV, for reasons I don't understand.

The photo Adam posted was from 10:45, and from what I see, the seniors had left, and those were a mostly new group of people who showed up later.

I don't know many calgunners in person, but I did not see any of the important characters there.

Since I appear to be the only one who went, I will say that I am quite disappointed that others did not. Our opposition offers us free breakfast, and we are too lazy to get out of bed.

mud99
08-06-2012, 4:01 PM
I actually complained to Yee about Adam's conduct on Twitter. Adam is a government employee, and he works for us. While we may not agree on the SB249 issue, his Twitter posts are offensive, and I would not accept that treatment from any government employee.

If he does not respond I may want to push this up the ladder.

Remember, staffers are what control our politicians. Scary, isn't it?

bwiese
08-06-2012, 4:09 PM
mud..

The goal was to cause a ruckus without getting our testy boys into a Keigwin photo-op that he could take to the press and use to get more PR points "Lookit these violent intolerant people". Talked to some political people and they said don't sweat the event - and ruckuses only make their point.

But it was nice they had to call the cops out ;-) from one post here.

I was surprised their pancake breakfast would not include bacon & eggs, honestly. Even county fairs that have $2 breakfasts sponsored by the local grocery store chain have pankcakes/bacon/eggs, and free to seniors/kids.

Anyway - it worked, they are reading us and fear us. But one of these days we're really gonna have to attend an antigun meeting and indeed pee in the soup. ;-)

cbt engr
08-08-2012, 5:16 PM
should hold an AR and AK build parties in the same building!