PDA

View Full Version : Proof of Residency change????

Army Vet
07-27-2012, 9:20 PM
Hope someone knows the truth. I was at Turners this week to begin a PPT of a shotgun. I am the purchaser and have a CA DL with my old address. I have the official DMV date stamped change of address card I used last year to purchase a handgun. I was told that the change of address card is no longer a valid document to prove residency and needed to get a "new" DVM change of address document! As I do not usually carry my lease agreement with me the PPT could not be started. I could find NO reference to this change anywhere. Does anyone know if this is true? Is a lease agreement still acceptable?
What are they going to want next?

Army Vet
07-27-2012, 9:24 PM
Was also told that the utility bills I downloaded were not acceptable either. The utility bill had to be from a government owned utility like LA DWP. I live in Oxnard and the electrical and water companies are private.

Dragon911
07-27-2012, 9:26 PM
How about your vehicle registration with your current address?

roushstage2
07-28-2012, 12:38 AM
You can go to the DMV and pay $5 to get a printout (the change of address cards are handwritten, no? I think that's what some people say no to) that will show your new, current address.