PDA

View Full Version : I have some questions about ammo I've never seen before.

desertjosh
07-27-2012, 5:43 PM
So I was at walmart looking for some 100 round value packs of wwb 9mm. While I was waiting for the guy to open the case up, I saw some interesting ammo and now I have a couple questions. I saw winchester PDX .308 win low flash HD rounds, and CCI Quiet .22lr. Does anybody use .308 for HD?!! Wow thatd be loud and possibly penetrate walls. As far as the .22, has anybody used it? I use CB longs for my quiet .22 rounds. Any difference? Thanks guys!

desertjosh
07-27-2012, 9:55 PM
I think this is the longest ive waited after starting a new thread on calguns for an answer lol!

CaliforniaLiberal
07-27-2012, 10:04 PM
Hi Josh!

I have no information to help answer your question but it seemed like a lonely thread that could use cheering up.

Perhaps this is a really new sort of ammo and no one has heard of it, so no one is posting. Have you tried some Google searches?

bombadillo
07-27-2012, 10:06 PM
.22 is probably about the same as CB long/short.

ClarenceBoddicker
07-27-2012, 10:18 PM
I'd bet the .22 CCI quiet rounds are a rip off of the Colibri (hummingbird) made by Aguila (eagle) in Mexico. They only use the priming compound to power the bullet, no propellant. A .308 SP or better yet a high performance HP round, would make a great HD round, until you missed. A full sized rifle round will cause more tissue damage than a pistol one will. An M-14 is like a shotgun though, too big for most residences. A high capacity 9mm handgun loaded with high performance HP rounds like Cor-Bon, is far better for HD in most cases. Handguns only require one hand to fire.

fallenknight308
07-27-2012, 10:44 PM
Can't say much about the .22 but Hornady has had an HD or "personal defense" round in .308 out for awhile now.
http://www.hornady.com/store/308-Win-168-gr-FPD/
The term "personal defense" when discussing ammo is subjective though. Any round/caliber could be employed for personal defense.
Are all created equal? of course not.
Also I think .308 for HD is just a wee bit over powered. lol. :43: