PDA

View Full Version : Give Credit where Credit is Due

Colt562
07-27-2012, 3:46 PM
Just got dont shooting my very first reloads that I did myself and would just like to thank everyone who helped me get to this point. These months and months of reading online, books, calguns, watching youtube have really payed off.

I started to purchase everything I felt I needed to start. I went and bought a lee challenger breech lock kit (bash all you want, its been perfect to me so far and the quality is top notch). Although I didnt use the scale because I have a digital scale. I thought that all i needed was that but I was sorely mistaken, all the little things is waht will get you. I thought I would save a little money but figured out today that reloading isnt to save money its to have that expierence of firing the ammo that you put together.

I wanted to start with a caliber that is well known and would be easy to start with...so I went with 9mm. My loads are with a 115gn Copper plated round nose bullet

1. 4.8 gn True Blue OAL of 1.143 with Federal Match Small Pistol Primer
Soft, smooth, no FTF, went off without a hitch

2. 5.0 gn True Blue OAL of 1.144 with Federal Match Small Pistol Primer
Soft, smooth, no FTF, went off without a hitch

3. 5.2 gn True Blue OAL of 1.145 with Federal Match Small Pistol Primer
Felt same as remington factory load with same bullet, NO FTF and very smooth

4. 5.4 gn True Blue OAL of 1.145 with Federal Match Small Pistol Primer
Great amount of powder, smooth as butter, no FTF and my favorite load of the day

5. 5.6 gn True Blue OAL of 1.145 with Federal Match Small Pistol Primer
Felt a little hot to me but still very smooth and NO FTF

As you can tell, my reloads worked perfect, absolutly no Failure to feeds, fires or anyother type of failure.

I would just like to thank those that helped me along the way and answered all my (probably answered before) questions. And believe me I am still gunna ask questions because I am far from being the all knowning.

bigdawg86
07-27-2012, 4:22 PM
How many rounds did you do with each charge? I am about to work up some 9mm loads myself...

JNunez23
07-27-2012, 4:31 PM
Same here, Calguns has been such a useful resource! Glad to be a member.

Colt562
07-27-2012, 5:22 PM
I did about 10-15

CalTeacher
07-27-2012, 9:07 PM
Glad to hear everything worked out for ya

Colt562
07-27-2012, 9:10 PM
Yeah me too, I was afraid of ftfs and all that but it went without a hitch

Colt562
07-28-2012, 9:31 AM
Same here, Calguns has been such a useful resource! Glad to be a member.

me too ever since i became a member, reloading became a option and ive been shooting much more