PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Education Clinics - Duck Hunting

ontargetrange
07-27-2012, 10:55 AM
THANK YOU to everyone that signed up for this class!!!!!!

We had 26 students and a great time on Saturday!!!

Mark your calendars for next year. The same three locations and close to the same weekends will have Duck Hunting 101 classes. Hope to see you there. Tell your friends!!!

__________________________________________________ ________________________

All,

So once again it is time for those of you that want to learn more about how to hunt DUCKS in California to sign up for our Advance Hunter Education Classes.

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/huntered/advanced/

Each year the Volunteer Hunter Education Instructors in California work to present to interested Students our tips and techniques on how to hunt specific game. These classes are sponsored by the California Department of Fish and Game based on hunters requesting additional information and help in learning how to hunt or add to their hunting skills. THESE CLASSES ARE FOR YOU!

The class I am asking you, the interested hunters, to sign up for is DUCK HUNTING. I am the instructor for the class at the end of September here in Southern California, but there are other classes as well.

Please look at your calendars and set a goal for yourself to attend these classes to expand your knowledge and the number of days you can spend outdoors. If you have ANY questions please feel free to email me at: ontargetrange@sbcglobal.net and I will get back to you.

I will be posting additional information about the classes as I get it.

You can also see the great things our SoCal Hunter Education Association is doing with all parts of hunting outdoors: https://www.facebook.com/HEIASC

or here for a flyer: https://www.facebook.com/HEIASC#!/photo.php?fbid=10150880621257398&set=a.10150880619777398.436653.328308952397&type=1&theater

ontargetrange
08-01-2012, 1:25 PM
This is me bumping this

Tripper
08-01-2012, 1:32 PM
September 29
San Jacinto Wildlife Area, Riverside County

In case anyone is looking for the date/location without going to the links
or

Advanced Waterfowl Hunting Clinic (http://www.dfg.ca.gov/huntered/advanced/waterfowl_sanjacinto.aspx)

NoNOS67
08-01-2012, 6:22 PM
Flyer says it is in Lakeside, but it should read Lakeview, correct?

ontargetrange
08-02-2012, 12:58 PM

Yes it is LAKEVIEW --- the guy that does the class outline is from NorCal and one lake looks pretty much like the other to him --- picking on Dan here ---

Please join us in a class this year. Many are completed, but they will be back next year so plan now.

im2ninja4u
08-02-2012, 2:03 PM
I wish it was a lot closer. I might be going to the one in Los Banos instead.

NoNOS67
08-03-2012, 7:13 AM
Yes it is LAKEVIEW --- the guy that does the class outline is from NorCal and one lake looks pretty much like the other to him --- picking on Dan here ---

Please join us in a class this year. Many are completed, but they will be back next year so plan now.

This one is a bit of a drive, but I'll see what I can do. I know hunting isn't as big down here, but what would it take to have a few classes in the San Diego area?

ETA: If they do one down here, I'll go. Not picky about the exact topic, always something to be learned.

crackerman
08-03-2012, 10:17 AM
I took this class and I approve this message

ontargetrange
08-06-2012, 2:28 PM
ALL,

This is another shameless plug and bump for this set of classes!!

The Los Banos class is still open and the Lakeview class - San Jacinto - has a few spots left -- (4?)

Please see if you can get to the Los Banos class on SEPTEMBER 8th. You will not regret it. I know for a fact that you will win stuff valued at more than you pay for the class and the time you spend will only make you a better hunter!!

Tripper
08-06-2012, 8:23 PM
Wish I could go to the sep 8, I will tell some at work though.
Good luck
To all else, these clinics are really informative, if BLM reps are there you can probably get whatever maps you want, some have lead free demos, although I'm not sure if this one does

Tripper
08-06-2012, 8:28 PM
Oh, is this one where kids are free with an attending/paying adult

im2ninja4u
08-07-2012, 8:03 AM
Will be sending out my payment for the Los Banos Waterfowl clinic today. Thanks for reminding me!

lewdogg21
08-07-2012, 11:42 AM
If you have any interest in waterfowl and don't know where to start go. Duck/goose hunting is probably the hardest thing to learn on your own. Also I hate guys who call non-stop all day long so ease learn to NOT be that guy. :)

ontargetrange
08-07-2012, 2:07 PM
If you have any interest in waterfowl and don't know where to start go. Duck/goose hunting is probably the hardest thing to learn on your own. Also I hate guys who call non-stop all day long so ease learn to NOT be that guy. :)

I - quack, honk -- don't know - quack -- what you are talking - honk, quack, tweet, whistle - about??

I totally agree -- less is more -- we discuss and give out prizes of calls and discuss how to practice with them -- be one of the winners!!

Tripper
08-07-2012, 8:08 PM
Bump for a good class

ontargetrange
08-10-2012, 12:14 PM
Shameless bump ---

Tripper
08-10-2012, 5:54 PM
What date is that again

ontargetrange
08-10-2012, 6:36 PM
MY Class at San Jacinto is the LAST Saturday in September -- the 29th

Tripper
08-10-2012, 9:57 PM
Oh, that's right, thanks

ontargetrange
08-14-2012, 7:36 PM
Boy do I love shameless bumps for this subject

im2ninja4u
08-15-2012, 3:23 PM
I sent in my payment early lastweek. How do I know that my name is on the list and when is the check cashed? Is there some sort of confirmation email?

EDIT: Just got an email from Dan saying the Los Banos waterfowl clinic has been cancelled due to low interest :(.

Tripper
08-15-2012, 9:06 PM
Wow
That's surprising, participation had to be really low for him to cancel
I'm surprised that area it didn't get overfilled
Must be timing

Tripper
08-17-2012, 7:02 PM
There's a fishing tourney that weekend for Los banos

ontargetrange
08-18-2012, 11:59 AM
There's a fishing tourney that weekend for Los banos

Had to be something going on --- that class is one of the best there is -- perfect for you guys and gals in the central valley -- shame it won't happen

ontargetrange
08-20-2012, 3:18 PM
Bumping

Tripper
08-22-2012, 12:27 PM
Good luck
Any of you coming to the Monterey bay youth outdoor, I'll renew last years post if I can find it

ontargetrange
08-27-2012, 2:16 PM
Just think -- in two weeks I will not have to keep bumping this post -- it will die a natural death

To all of you who have signed up - THANK YOU -- expect some great treats that day --

chris
08-27-2012, 5:12 PM

I took this class and I approve this message

considering most of the hunters at San Jancinto missed this class i hope you learned that sky busting is stupid. don't follow those guys.

ontargetrange
08-27-2012, 6:31 PM
We actually cover that exact topic in class -- we call it "How Far is Far". It is where we practice estimating distances -- not as easy as it sounds -- at all!