PDA

View Full Version : Minority Report...It's real and happening now

glockman19
07-27-2012, 9:38 AM
From the huffington Post;
www.huffingtonpost.com

WASHINGTON -- Police in Maryland foiled what may have been a shooting plot on the scale of last week's massacre at an Aurora, Colo., movie theater, according to a report from WJLA-TV/ABC7.

The television station reported Friday that police arrested a man in Crofton on Thursday night and found an "arsenal" of weapons at his home. The man, identified as Neil Prescott, was being terminated from his job at mailroom supplier and document company Pitney Bowes in Prince George's County and "had made threats directed toward his employer," according to WJLA-TV.

How long before trolls on sites like this are visited because we exercise our 1A about the 2A?

Cranium
07-27-2012, 10:44 AM
Bit of a stretch, IMHO.
Dude called and threatened his employer. Yeah, if an employee I've let go calls up and says he's going to shoot me or shoot the place up, or whatever... I'm going to call John Law as soon as we hang up.
Don't say stuff you don't plan on following up on. And if you DO threaten someone, assume they're going to assume you're going to follow up on it.

Dannicus
07-27-2012, 12:24 PM
How does that have anything to do with genetically engineered psychic slaves predicting future crimes?

I kidd....Dude made a serious threat. Anybody that expresses that kind of intent better be investigated as far as I'm concerned. What a stupid shirt to wear, btw. "Guns don't kill people. I do." Wtf.

stormvet
07-27-2012, 12:34 PM
Good thing I still have my Beretta 9000s

ClarenceBoddicker
07-27-2012, 9:26 PM
Sadly almost everything Phillip K Dick wrote is true, it just hasn't happened yet.

huntercf
07-27-2012, 9:44 PM
Calling and threatening someone is assault.

CBruce
07-28-2012, 12:53 AM
From the huffington Post;
www.huffingtonpost.com

WASHINGTON -- Police in Maryland foiled what may have been a shooting plot on the scale of last week's massacre at an Aurora, Colo., movie theater, according to a report from WJLA-TV/ABC7.

The television station reported Friday that police arrested a man in Crofton on Thursday night and found an "arsenal" of weapons at his home. The man, identified as Neil Prescott, was being terminated from his job at mailroom supplier and document company Pitney Bowes in Prince George's County and "had made threats directed toward his employer," according to WJLA-TV.

How long before trolls on sites like this are visited because we exercise our 1A about the 2A?

Big difference between stopping a credible threat and arresting people for crimes they will supposedly commit in the future.